The Great Mass Debater

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

• Yes
    • No

He's just blown any potential future here. Good luck to him somewhere else. Newcastle seem to be scooping at anyone they can right now so he'll be top dog there for 6 months then when the real quality comes in, he'll be a bit part player there. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Agree with Kirku, thrown his toys out of pram, wants out. Failed this year to help team mates on pitch. No good to us in his frame of mind, just get him off payroll. Was envious of Emi and his pay rise and seems to have happened at that time. Too fancy a player for me and too lightweight easily knocked off ball.

Really disappointed with him, wont get big wages he thought he should have. Work your socks off, get noticed for you work, then and only then bigger earnings and trimmings

• Like 2

No.

They don't really want him. It's just a ploy to weaken our squad.

Selling your best player to a relegation rival is senseless.

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Well his value is 15-20m, he won't go for any less than that.  Transfer fee is not determined on how disappointed we are as fans with his performances, it's about age, being English and his potential.  For a top club he's a steal.

...not with his contract running out. January 31st, he'll be somewhere like Palace for £10m....

51 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

No.

They don't really want him. It's just a ploy to weaken our squad.

Selling your best player to a relegation rival is senseless.

If we immediately re-invest the money we get for him then it can surely only strengthen our squad.

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Funny how some said we were so lucky to not have the owners Newcastle now have and some wanted nothing to do with them but some now want their money for one of our players? Hypocritcial? A touch.. .

Didnt you know Kennyo, that laundered money is clean money.? 👍😇😉

Just now, Jootmoots said:

If we immediately re-invest the money we get for him then it can surely only strengthen our squad.

Depends how much we get. 

There's also the risk we get another Josh Sargent or Lees-Melou.

SexyBennett has just tweeted - How would you feel if Cantwell was sold for £5m? 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Id be relieved !! As I would have wagered @TeemuVanBasten a lot more than a fifty had 5  mill been the amount discussed. Might have had to send the Dogs Swedish au pair home early to cover it. 😉😇👍

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Id be relieved !! As I would have wagered @TeemuVanBasten a lot more than a fifty had 5  mill been the amount discussed. Might have had to send the Dogs Swedish au pair home early tonight  to cover it. 😉😇👍

At the moment on form and mentality anything from 10 upwards and I think it would be a great deal. I would even go down to 5 million with some very good added ons. 

Sooner we get rid of this prima donna the better. If he spent half the effort on training that he spends on his hair then he may get a game somewhere. Also needs to amend the spelling of his surname by exchanging the “a” for a “u”. 

29 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

SexyBennett now saying we are looking for 10m + 5m add-ons which I'd definitely take 

• Like 1

If we're only going to get £5m I would rather wait until the end of the season and let him leave on a free rather than help Newcastle out.

I work for the biggest taxi company in Norwich, I would freely take him to Newcastle. No player is bigger than Norwich( except Cantwell think he is)

33 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

SexyBennett now saying we are looking for 10m + 5m add-ons which I'd definitely take 

SB has zero credibility anymore.

Sadly it hasn't worked out and we can't afford to carry him. Move him on for our and his benefit.

From murderous owners, no thank you, we should not do business with them. I hope nobody does and I hope they go down. The Geordies have sold their souls for blood money... 

• Thanks 1

Anyone else and I'd be happy to see him go for £10 million plus, but as they are filthy rich and also a main relegation rival, it's gotta be closer to £30 million. Can't see it though

Our best hope of getting a decent fee for Todd is ripping of Newcastle. I can't see anyone else will give us a decent fee. 

1 hour ago, Mellow Yellow said:

From murderous owners, no thank you, we should not do business with them. I hope nobody does and I hope they go down. The Geordies have sold their souls for blood money... 

Yes, it's a dilemma. We could do with the money, but their money? Maybe if we rip them off it could make it palatable?? 

1 hour ago, Mellow Yellow said:

It would be amazing if no one did business with them. Unfortunately everyone will be happy to make a small fortune from selling their players to Newcastle.