The Great Mass Debater

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sell Cantwell to Newcastle?

• Yes
    • No

54 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

We have to sell him on Potential, not achievements. A big shame. There is a good player there. Very sad. Hopefully does not come back to bite us

But would perspective club buy on potential or performance?  Seems to me he shot himself in the foot.

Yes. As I said on another thread, we need to weaken our relegation rivals. 

I do agree Cowboy. How much will we get. what is his value ? Tiz just there are people who want to boot him out the door for nowt coz he is crap  ( apparently ).

It is a shame

Yes I'll drive him there myself. 

Hasn't performed for a year. Isn't right mentally. 

Ten million plus a sell on percentage and please let the lad go. 

Then buy a proper replacement for pukki. 

• Like 1

Newcastle would be the Wrong move for him 

One the night life etc if he goes there i think he will fail 

He needs A Strict  klopp / Pep type  manager to tell him to concentrate on your football 

I'd sell him - he's not playing for us and despite Smith's early overtures and inclusions, there's a reason he's not playing whether it be fitness or attitude.

I'd take the money and leave it to chance whether Howe can get him motivated or not... if we can reinvest on a player or two who will add value then we have to look at us.

Absolutely yes, if any premiership team with money wants him then he should be allowed to go. As good as can be he’s not going to be here. Get some return for him and add to the coffers to buy a couple decent midfielders and an attacker.

As I said Newcastle have a decent core, with a few additions they will steer clear of relegation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

I would sell Him to anyone just to get him off the books

have been saying for ages he is a wrongun and once again I have been proven correct 

it’s hard being me being right all the time 

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

if it's above £20million yes he should go 

If it’s below he should go anyway.  On wages alone he must be costing more than £1 million a year just to sit on his backside.

10 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

If it’s below he should go anyway.  On wages alone he must be costing more than £1 million a year just to sit on his backside.

I'd take £5 million given the current circumstances. But for Newcastle, double it. No-one will pay £20 million!

£15m or more and I think we should listen. He's our only real creative outlet at the moment, but he's not been in the team and when he has he hasn't performed. I'd like him to do well, but it's hard to know what's going on with him without the full story

If I were to pick any player in our squad that I would expect to prostitute themselves to human rights abusers just so they could buy some more designer clobber it would it would Todd Cantwell, a match made in heaven, I'll celebrate the day that the toddler leaves.

Also, his best mate Jamal Lewis is there, and Jacob Murphy is better than the pair of them. 

That's a good point actually, any players we wouldn't mind them throwing into the deal? They'll be looking to make some room in their squad won't they.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

If El Ghazi is genuinely willing to come to us then sell Cantwell to fund his arrival.

Otherwise, l wonder if Newcastle would be willing to trade Almiron? 

Funny how some said we were so lucky to not have the owners Newcastle now have and some wanted nothing to do with them but some now want their money for one of our players? Hypocritcial? A touch.. .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Funny how some said we were so lucky to not have the owners Newcastle now have and some wanted nothing to do with them but some now want their money for one of our players? Hypocritcial? A touch.. .

Wow you broke my mind with that comment.  That's a right moral dilemma if you subscribe to the 'blood money' stance on their owners.

I need 30 mins to process this in my own head now! 🙂 

It's a shame, really, as he was easily one of our best performers last time in the Prem and was quality at times last year.

This season it's been a lose-lose for both parties and we're best off cashing in now while he still retains some value.

Sad end to his City career, whatever happens from here on out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Majority of people are always hypocritical, it’s a question of how far removed they are from the issue till it becomes a non issue.

Majority were entirely happy taking money from dodgy areas of the betting industry until they heard about a hotdog video.

• Like 1

We need to get rid of that Toddler ASAP as I can only see him staying the way he currently is for the rest of his career with us

11 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

We need to get rid of that Toddler ASAP as I can only see him staying the way he currently is for the rest of his career with us

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How do you arrive at that conclusion?

At first I thought he had just fallen out with Farke. However, he’s not got any better since the arrival of Smith and so I think the reason why he’s not performing is because he wants out

I really think £15million or more is a pipe dream right now. Any side watching his performances this season will be hugely put off. I guess it comes down to how much of it is him mentally checking out from NCFC as opposed to a total career nose dive. Chances are any suitor won’t know this answer until he’s settled in at a new team, it’s a gamble.

Our best hope is a silly bid from Newcastle, otherwise we’ll do well to get £10 mil for him IMO.

26 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I really think £15million or more is a pipe dream right now. Any side watching his performances this season will be hugely put off. I guess it comes down to how much of it is him mentally checking out from NCFC as opposed to a total career nose dive. Chances are any suitor won’t know this answer until he’s settled in at a new team, it’s a gamble.

Our best hope is a silly bid from Newcastle, otherwise we’ll do well to get £10 mil for him IMO.

Agree completely. I honestly would take 5 million with a lot in add ons. Anyone who thinks we will get 15 + is in for a shock. My big question is if he was at another premier League club in his current form and by the looks of it his attitude as it is, what would people on here be comfortable paying for him. I think if we paid 5 million people would be going mad. 

3 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Give St James's Park a ring.

Knock 10% off and you're home and hosed...

Are Newcastle the new Everton? We will have to wait and see.