Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Djokivic

Looking forward to his episode of Nothing to Declare/Border Security: Australias Front Line.

Hope he has a suitcase full of undeclared food,. πŸ˜€

49 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looking forward to his episode of Nothing to Declare/Border Security: Australias Front Line.

Hope he has a suitcase full of undeclared food,. πŸ˜€

Shouldn't this be in the ’Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation' thread?

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Still lasted longer in Australia than an England innings.

Reminds me of one of my fav jokes.

Pom (in this case Serb) at Oz immigration/customsΒ  - "Do you have anything to declare - CriminalΒ Record, Vaccine etc. ?'

Reply - "Didn't think you needed one anymore"Β πŸ˜‰

Β Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Reminds me of one of my fav jokes.

Pom (in this case Serb) at Oz immigration/customsΒ  - "Do you have anything to declare - CriminalΒ Record, Vaccine etc. ?'

Reply - "Didn't think you needed one anymore"Β πŸ˜‰

Β Β 

Same thing happened to me, a native-standard German speaker, when going to Warsaw.

Polish border official: Name?
TGS: Steve.
Polish border official: Occupation?
TGS: No, just visiting.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Same thing happened to me, a native-standard German speaker, when going to Warsaw.

Polish border official: Name?
TGS: Steve.
Polish border official: Occupation?
TGS: No, just visiting.

I love all the littleΒ jokes between friends in neighboring (orΒ even principality states) nations. Some good one between Norway and Sweden.Β 

Norwegian Prof goes to Swedish UniversityΒ - "When I work in Sweden the average IQ of both countries will rise......"

As toΒ Poland - used toΒ visit thereΒ a lot and it always amazedΒ me how their ChristmasΒ decorationsΒ wouldΒ go on right intoΒ February if I recall.

49 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I love all the littleΒ jokes between friends in neighboring (orΒ even principality states) nations. Some good one between Norway and Sweden.Β 

Norwegian Prof goes to Swedish UniversityΒ - "When I work in Sweden the average IQ of both countries will rise......"

As toΒ Poland - used toΒ visit thereΒ a lot and it always amazedΒ me how their ChristmasΒ decorationsΒ wouldΒ go on right intoΒ February if I recall.

In that case, if you've not heard of the SATW comic, enjoy.

Everything is relative - Scandinavia and the World (satwcomic.com)

I just keep thinking of Djokovic in his hotel room with a couple of bagsΒ Β of rackets πŸ€”πŸ˜‰πŸ˜€πŸ€―πŸ‘ΉπŸ€¬πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and a neighbour banging on the wall shouting β€œ can you PLEASEΒ Β keep that racket down”!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well now the Serbs are upset. Funny that. Such lovely people. Ask the Bosnians.

Didn't they have a bit of a punch up with the Croatians at the Aussie Open?

3 hours ago, Herman said:

My neighbour in NZ was a Croatian and in the mid 70s he kept saying that the Serbs were planning something. Of course Yugoslavia was one nation then. And he kept saying that the Serbs were either Russian backed or ethnic separatists. And he feared a domination by the Serbs which is why he left for NZ.

He said that when Serbia became a monarchy several centuries earlier, they took territory from other Slavic nations and after WWI and the formation of Yugoslavia, they became the dominant state.

I asked him as a Croat, why they had sided with Germany during WWII, he said they didn't much like Germany either but hated the Serbs even more.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2022 at 12:53, Yellow Fever said:

By was of trivia it is a tradition the Queen also follows e.g. leaving the decs up until Candlemass (2nd Feb)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Herman said:

Heh, usually the Serbs and the Croats can be well and truly relied to get ready to rumble. Or the Serbs and Albanians.

Mind you, the Hungarians and Romanians don't usually pair up too well in a football match. Pretty sure Orban and his ilk have made it worse, prodding the Szekler minority in Romania.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Wait, if he got a criminal record from that, wouldn't he pass the entry requirements anyway? πŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

Criminal record = ok, you're in.

Dirt on your boots = get stuffed mate.

πŸ˜€

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

It now transpires he was tested positive and the next day went maskless at a very much not socially distanced event.

Something is starting to smell about this.

13 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Something is starting to smell about this.

I think the he has caught tory disease. More commonly known as lying his backside off with lots of evidence to show he is.Β 

Australia is a meme country at this point. It’s a nightmare. Shows you how resistant you have to be against tyranny or you’ll end up like wales or Australia, who, let’s face it, aren’t real countries anyway.

23 hours ago, Well b back said:

I see Farage has joined the slating of Australia there’s a shock.

Would you believe that he is desperate for any attention??

Β 

• Like 1

Poor Novak, does he not have someone there to hand him a towel every 15 seconds? Tennis...it's not even a real sport. 😴🀣

Apples

What happened to all the people that travelled with him? Were they all booted out or sat in a nice hotel too?

But I thought you gammon wanted us to have an immigration system like Australia? Bit confusing.

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

But I thought you gammon wanted us to have an immigration system like Australia? Bit confusing.

What is confusing is the fact you selectively use the reply button you freak πŸ˜‚

If I’m gammon you’re tofu you soft c&Β£t 🀣🀣

get mad for me