Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Do you think we will sign a 1st team player this window?

Will we sign a 1st team player this window?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Will we sign a 1st team player this window?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know I'm not Webber

If there really is a desire to attempt to stay up, then we need to sign 2 proven players. as stated many times. a central midfielder and a Goal scorer. They should have been here by now

I think we will sign Aaron Ramsey 😂

Jokes aside, we really need a defensive minded midfielder who is happy to do the dirty work and has the robustness needed to balance our midfield.

I am struggling to think of anyone who fits the mould and might be available.

Anyone have any ideas?

10 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

If there really is a desire to attempt to stay up, then we need to sign 2 proven players. as stated many times. a central midfielder and a Goal scorer. They should have been here by now

I second that - I really hope so...... several youngsters are going out on loan, hopefully this is with a view to free up squad space, the under lying message being that players are coming in, so you take your chance elsewhere....

Yes, we will sign someone for the first team. Doesn't necessarily mean they will be first team quality though 😅

We had better do. A defensive midfielder is a must and ideally some pace up front as well. Will be disgusting if we don’t bring anyone in. 

• Like 1

Presumably you mean apart from Coutinho, Ramsey and Erikson?

Then again, they will need to demonstrate they are good enough in traynun before making the first team. Under Farke that took about two months, not sure about Smith.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

No. The argument put forward will be that our dip in form is due to injury and covid and that we cant afford it and don't need it.

I completely disagree as I believe we STILL need a CDM to play next to Normann and a Striker to challenge Pukki. But I'm resigned to the fact they will stick to their line. 

We're a difficult sell to a PL quality player right now, but if we can convince someone of the required quality I'm sure we will go for it. No point in getting someone in to make up the numbers who won't improve us though.

Would be lovely to have the CDM gap sorted at last though, and TBF the quality needed to improve that area doesn't need to be that high.

The only players we should even look at are players who are ready for a championship battle next season. The table says we are close to staying up but our performances say different. I honestly believe we would need to sign at least 5 quality players to even have a chance. Let's be honest, that's not going to happen. I believe we should wait until the end of the season. At the moment any player signed is looking at making a name in order to leave after relegation. Let's wait and then we can sell the club to a new player on how well we do in the championship, it's a better spin. 

Yes. It’ll be a cheapo job to appease the locals, probably won’t add anything to the current squad but will do a job in the Champ. Potentially a CM to replace Rupp when his contract ends in summer.

All of the (not)ITK accounts have disappeared. We're cut adrift from the rumour mill. Can someone please fly to Dubai and pretend they've seen Dean Smith Chatting with N'golo Kante or something.

I expect a couple of loans, similar to Duda, whether that is enough to keep us up, I doubt it.  I can't believe Smith will want to just go down with a whimper.

Although the fact Lampard said no to coming, I wonder if Webber has said there will be no signing.

No because Alias Smith and Jones detest the influence money has had on the game so are quite happy for the club to be at Championship level rather than suffer innumerable humiliations at the hands of the big boys and not so big boys in the PL.

agree with most of the comments. YES but not played in premier,  NO to being better than already here.

Yeah we have 1 loan spot from overseas, so we need a loan fee and wages and this could be our striker.

Defensive midfielder, it is interesting to see that Watford are picking up one for about £4million. If cantwell goes we need this player, lot of players and leagues out there; this is where we need to spend some of that money. The European leagues must have better players than McLean, rupp to sit alongside normann.

We need to be working to get them in and TBH if we do not add these positions then we are not providing the existing team with the integral parts we need. It will also lead to even further despondency from Norwich fans.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought this might get a little debate going..

If we sell Cantwell then yes, if not then no.

I'd like to see someone like Lys Mousset come in. Capable PL player, had years of Champs experience, not going to be mega expensive, contract expires in June and unlikely extortionate wage demands, but still a proven performer. Also not going to get his nose put out of joint if he's on the bench occasionally. That's our level I think. 

16 hours ago, smooth said:

Yeah we have 1 loan spot from overseas, so we need a loan fee and wages and this could be our striker.

Defensive midfielder, it is interesting to see that Watford are picking up one for about £4million. If cantwell goes we need this player, lot of players and leagues out there; this is where we need to spend some of that money. The European leagues must have better players than McLean, rupp to sit alongside normann.

We need to be working to get them in and TBH if we do not add these positions then we are not providing the existing team with the integral parts we need. It will also lead to even further despondency from Norwich fans.

You can have as many foreign loans as you like, as they are classed as short-term transfer. You can only have two domestic loans.

• Like 1

We need to start thinking outside the box.

I'd be happy if we went for someone like Kylie Minogue.

Given that we're going to get slaughtered each week and we can't afford more than 4 Premier league quality players, someone like Kylie would at least give us someone to cheer on for 90 minutes.

She'd be no less effective than some of our current squad, but a lot easier on the eye. 

Now that Panto season is over I'm pretty sure she'd be available too.  

We need to get on with it. We’ve got three important games starting next week and should have had someone in ready to play in them: it’s pathetic.

We'll almost certainly sign someone, but whoever we get will either be a loan or with a view to being in a championship squad.

I'm not expecting much in the way of proven top flight quality.