Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Mumba to Peterborough

2 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Only if Byram stays fit which is a very big if.

We do have Williams who can play there. His ability to play at either full-back position was cited as a major reason for us acquiring him

Great player but I maintain he's not a defender. His close control and dribbling ability combined with his lack of height, strength and weak positioning means for me he should be an attacking wide player or wing back at a push

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

As I've pointed out already Brandon Williams can happily play right back - he's right footed after all. Sorensen can be cover at left back as he proved last season. 

I'm not a fan of any plan that involves us having to shift our only proper defensive midfielder out of position.

If we don't bring in another defender this window then I'll be left scratching my head by this move.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm not a fan of any plan that involves us having to shift our only proper defensive midfielder out of position.

If we don't bring in another defender this window then I'll be left scratching my head by this move.

It's a move that makes perfect sense to me. We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

17 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think we're looking at Aaron's leaving end of summer and getting Mumba game time ahead of next season to allow for his replacement.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me, and we're building for championship - not survival.

If it's survival we're gunning for, then that would mean investment at least into a pacey/explosive forward - which means Aarons out to raise the cash.  And then this Mumba out does not make sense as money would need to go into RB somehow, unless there's a belief we can get a decent fee for Cantwell(?) - or willing to risk Byram's holding up.

Think we're moving towards accepting relegation personally....  Because this move has come out of leftfield for me.

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's been going on for 24 months and he's not been sold.

There's been no reliable rumours about him going this January, other than some posters assuming Atheltico will come in and a dodgy online post about Roma.

So yeah, it's mostly been based on made up stuff the last few days.

Maybe you should have qualified your first post on this thread by saying ' the last few days ' and you forgot to mention Barcelona which many moons ago started the whole Aarons departure saga that has been rumbling on.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Maybe you should have qualified your first post on this thread by saying ' the last few days ' and you forgot to mention Barcelona which many moons ago started the whole Aarons departure saga that has been rumbling on.

I didn't mention Barcelona as they've not been reliably mentioned in the past couple months leading up to January.

A good move all round. No point chucking him into the first team mix at the minute, probably destroy his confidence! I have high hopes for Mumba, I think he could be a cracking player for us, especially at championship level. Could be a stand out player for us next season. 

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Great player but I maintain he's not a defender. His close control and dribbling ability combined with his lack of height, strength and weak positioning means for me he should be an attacking wide player or wing back at a push

Largely agree, would say there's a potential attacking mid in there for those reasons. Mumba's a hard one to guess where he's going to end up.

Can see Sörensen ending up a libero.

4 hours ago, fredherring said:

This idea that a kid going out on loan means Aarons isn't leaving is typical pinkun forum poster logic. 

It means nothing of the sort. 

I'd be quite confident that if Aarons leaves then he would be replaced anyway.

Mumba is currently behind Aarons, Byram & Williams anyway, so a loan makes sense.

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Sexy Bennett has spoken so we all know that Aaron’s is going in the summer window 

Yeah but what came first Sexy Bennett or the Peterborough Telegraph ?

• Thanks 1

Good decision.

We've got posters on this thread saying that Idah needs a loan on one hand, then being critical that we're not keeping Mumba around in case he's needed for a 10 minute cameo.

Football is exactly what Mumba needs, and he's gone to a squad with a good pedigree as well. 

• Like 1

Although he has already looked quite good in the Championship he’s only made a few appearances and so still has very little experience. Therefore I think sending him out for a Championship loan is a wise move so we can make sure he is ready as we know Aarons won’t be with us next season

8 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Largely agree, would say there's a potential attacking mid in there for those reasons. Mumba's a hard one to guess where he's going to end up.

Can see Sörensen ending up a libero.

I think Smith like muc more conservative full backs, I reckon he looks with utter fear at the way Bali plays, and is thinking he will never get in a Smith team.

If he is to become a top premiership player, he has to be a fullback or improve his link up play significantly.