Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Mumba to Peterborough

55 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should be playing with us, more so with Aarons going. Fantastic player.

I've no doubt he will play for us when he goes, but this move makes it very clear that Aaron's won't be leaving this window

Idah - is consistently selected for the first team, plays equivalent of 4 1/2 hours. Pink Un: “Send him out on loan!”

Mumba - rarely makes it as far as the bench, has 4 or 5 players ahead of him. Plays one half in a 5-0 loss at the start of the season. Pink Un: “He’s going out on loan? But we need him!”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Sexy Bennett has spoken so we all know that Aaron’s is going in the summer window 

I thought Sexy Bennett had deleted their Twitter account? 

Edit: don’t search for Sexy Bennett on Twitter, especially on a work phone, unless you’re broad minded. 😳

Edited by Nuff Said

Smells like a "get him ready for next season" move. I think this is confirming that Aarons is on the way out, and let's hope Byram has shaken off his issues as a fully fit Sam Byram would be a real asset for us. Not to mention he'd probably show Krul-levels of loyalty to the cause.

• Like 2

Assume this means Aarons not expected to leave and we are preparing Mumba to replace him next season.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just wait until we sell Aarons and Byram get's injured. Braindead transfer from Webber

Even if both of those things happened we've still got Brandon Williams who can happily play there. Calm down. 

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Idah - is consistently selected for the first team, plays equivalent of 4 1/2 hours. Pink Un: “Send him out on loan!”

Mumba - rarely makes it as far as the bench, has 4 or 5 players ahead of him. Plays one half in a 5-0 loss at the start of the season. Pink Un: “He’s going out on loan? But we need him!”

Yes - exactly what I thought. It's almost as if some people on here are determined to criticise no matter what. 

• Like 1

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes - exactly what I thought. It's almost as if some people on here are determined to criticise no matter what. 

Almost as if they are two separate situations with largely different circumstances.

• Like 1

Wrong side of pitch, but what does this mean for McCullum? He's been doing alright as far as I can tell. Ready to push Giannoulis next season when Williams goes?

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Surely this ' people making up that Aarons is leaving ' is based upon reports circling in the media both local and national for the last twelve months as opposed to wild PinkUn baseless comments which i read as what you are saying ?

It's been going on for 24 months and he's not been sold.

There's been no reliable rumours about him going this January, other than some posters assuming Atheltico will come in and a dodgy online post about Roma.

So yeah, it's mostly been based on made up stuff the last few days.

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

What? No! I can’t believe that! 

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Almost as if they are two separate situations with largely different circumstances.

Exactly - as Nuff Said pointed out Idah has got a lot more game time for the first team this season than Mumba. I can understand people suggesting that Idah would probably benefit from a loan spell in the Championship - but when those same people then turn round and criticise us for loaning out Mumba when we already have loads of cover in his position the only logical conclusion to draw is that those people are just criticising for the sake of it - cos it sure as hell doesn't make any sense. 

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Exactly - as Nuff Said pointed out Idah has got a lot more game time for the first team this season than Mumba. I can understand people suggesting that Idah would probably benefit from a loan spell in the Championship - but when those same people then turn round and criticise us for loaning out Mumba when we already have loads of cover in his position the only logical conclusion to draw is that those people are just criticising for the sake of it - cos it sure as hell doesn't make any sense. 

We don't have 'loads of cover' though. We have Sam Byram who is made of balsa wood at this point. It is a risky move.

Just now, king canary said:

We don't have 'loads of cover' though. We have Sam Byram who is made of balsa wood at this point. It is a risky move.

If Aarons stays we have plenty of cover as there's also Sorensen.

If he leaves and Mumba goes though, that's really really thin.  Especially as Mumba can do a job, whereas Idah is totally ineffective - big difference.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

If he leaves and Mumba goes though, that's really really thin.  Especially as Mumba can do a job, whereas Idah is totally ineffective - big difference.

Can he though? If he’d played as much as Idah I strongly suspect everyone would be demanding he needed to be loaned out.

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought he deactived his account after he was proved wrong?

He did and has reactivated it 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought he deactived his account after he was proved wrong?

Shame others don't in the same circumstances!  😲🤭

In all probability it sounds as if Max is going nowhere yet.

We can't judge Mumba until he has a run of games. He seems promising but is a long way off Premier League level. Who knows Smith might even be happy to offload him - we have been linked with another RB for the summer.

The wider issue for me is if Max doesn't leave now where does the funding come for incomings?

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Can he though? If he’d played as much as Idah I strongly suspect everyone would be demanding he needed to be loaned out.

Well, it's relative based on their positions.  Idah is in a far more critical position where he's directly culpable for goals, Mumba isn't.

You can 'do a job' covering for RB, you can't get away with that as a forward, cover in that position needs to be breathing down the neck of Pukki.  Idah is miles from that, and that's the major difference.

1 hour ago, Top corner said:

I didn't see that happening if I'm being honest, I'm surprised. 

Me neither, very surprised by it.

Byram coming back is obviously great news - best full back at the club IMO - but Bali can play on either side and the rest of our full-backs aren't exactly having a great season, and with a couple of concurrent injuries amongst them we'd really be struggling.

My most recent reading from earlier in the week rather suggested Aarons wasn’t going anywhere, so if Byram is back fit it (perhaps a big ‘if’) makes sense for Mumba to have a spell on loan.

Edited by Branston Pickle

53 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sorenson, as far as I'm aware, has never played right back?

Our cover is an exceedingly injury prone Byram. 

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

I was thinking more of Dimi & Williams being interchangeable on either side and therefore Sorensen being part of the overall cover. 

But regardless of that, Sorensen was played right back in youth football in Denmark. He's not exactly ruled by what side of the pitch he plays being a predominately central minded player.  Right footed too of course.

Edited by Google Bot

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Our cover is an exceedingly injury prone Byram. 

As I've pointed out already Brandon Williams can happily play right back - he's right footed after all. Sorensen can be cover at left back as he proved last season.