Sign in to follow this  
YoussefSafriFromDistance

Aaron Ramsey?

Unlikely I know as he has been sought after by Burnley but said he wants to go to a higher-profile prem team. I was wondering if he doesn't get his move to a bigger team and Burnley get someone else in, maybe we could swoop in for a loan late in the window with Juve paying half wages as they've stated that they're keen to offload him? 

Wages probably still too expensive at 50% but he would certainly improve continuity between midfield and attack which seem to be very disconnected at the moment.

• Haha 2

Confirmed going to Newcastle.

And I mean for **** sake, first it was Erikson and now Ramsey, never knew we had such deluded fans. More chance of us playing Krul as a striker than either of them joining us.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And I mean for **** sake, first it was Erikson and now Ramsey, never knew we had such deluded fans. More chance of us playing Krul as a striker than either of them joining us.

...more chance of getting Alf...!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think Bale is available, and the big striker at Chelsea seems to have fallen out with his manager, perhaps Webber can do a sneeky deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Might as well have some fun imagining up some transfers as we aren't actually going to sign anyone 😂

Seriously though f he's going to Newcastle who are a relegation rival then I'd say I'm not (completely) deluded, I think if anything it's a real shame that these sort of players are completely out of the question for us but not our relegation rivals.

It shows how difficult a task Smith and Shakespeare have on their hands for the second half of the season with our financial constraints.

Hopefully Newcastle sign too many ego/diva types who aren't really ready for relegation scrap and are just there for a paycheck, otherwise we're in big trouble.

OTBC  

48 minutes ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

Might as well have some fun imagining up some transfers as we aren't actually going to sign anyone 😂

Seriously though f he's going to Newcastle who are a relegation rival then I'd say I'm not (completely) deluded, I think if anything it's a real shame that these sort of players are completely out of the question for us but not our relegation rivals.

It shows how difficult a task Smith and Shakespeare have on their hands for the second half of the season with our financial constraints.

Hopefully Newcastle sign too many ego/diva types who aren't really ready for relegation scrap and are just there for a paycheck, otherwise we're in big trouble.

OTBC  

I genuinely think we are seeing the end of the traditional pyramid system

Why stop at Ramsay? Let's try and get Ronaldo, Messi and Mbappe for the best front 3 in the world. That'll solve our goal problems, surely!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AJ said:

Why stop at Ramsay? Let's try and get Ronaldo, Messi and Mbappe for the best front 3 in the world. That'll solve our goal problems, surely!

All very well, but as we all know you need a DCM to have any chance of competing. Ngolo Kante has missed a couple of Chelsea games recently and Tuchel seems to have a habit of falling out with his players so why not go for him? 😬

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

All very well, but as we all know you need a DCM to have any chance of competing. Ngolo Kante has missed a couple of Chelsea games recently and Tuchel seems to have a habit of falling out with his players so why not go for him? 😬

Delusional suggestion I'm afraid, have you seen how far forward they've been playing him this season? He'd be a menace, constantly straying from his CDM position. I think if we did sign him we'd have to bring in Mark Fotheringham as his personal mentor, really hammer home staying in the middle of the park and only passing it sideways and backwards.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

A Mr Mo S. has just phoned and he called you a swear word.

2 hours ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

Unlikely I know as he has been sought after by Burnley but said he wants to go to a higher-profile prem team. I was wondering if he doesn't get his move to a bigger team and Burnley get someone else in, maybe we could swoop in for a loan late in the window with Juve paying half wages as they've stated that they're keen to offload him? 

Wages probably still too expensive at 50% but he would certainly improve continuity between midfield and attack which seem to be very disconnected at the moment.

I can see the headline now; "canaries swoop for Aaron Ramsey". It's been a while since we swooped for anyone.

Anyway is it Aaron or Airon? We need to get it right.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Delusional suggestion I'm afraid, have you seen how far forward they've been playing him this season? He'd be a menace, constantly straying from his CDM position. I think if we did sign him we'd have to bring in Mark Fotheringham as his personal mentor, really hammer home staying in the middle of the park and only passing it sideways and backwards.

And if Fozzy isn't available then we could go for Mike Milligan. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

Juventus would need to pay more than 50% of his wages for us to afford him, more like 90%.

Let's face it Ramsey wouldn't come here, course he wouldn't. Why would he, what's he got to gain from coming here that he wouldn't get from 10 other prem sides in better positions than we are.

Screenshot_20220106-150223_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

OTBC  

Money talks and Norwich doesn't speak the language.

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He was only on £330,000 a week at Juventus so could be a player we were interested in. 

Perhaps we could only pay him on Saturdays?

So the Lee Marshall account goes oddly quiet and now this relatively new account pops up with silly suggestions.

Someone is on a massive wind up. 

Very much written in the style of Lee Marshall who apparently didn't know Lee Marshall is a former Norwich player. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

12 hours ago, YoussefSafriFromDistance said:

Mate. You need to get with it. We have moved on from the likes of small fry, £400k a week, Ramsey, to the international striker Lukaku, who on a similar large (see- massively out of our reach) wage, is more our type of target this window. According to another poster, on another thread.

Similarly, Ronaldo missed starting a game last month............................