Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Goalkeepers.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

keepers.jpg

Did somebody from the modern recruitment department  give you this.🤣🙃. This is how we choose these days. Football scouts from the Desktop

Anyway explain please. Krul is just a small orange dot. So is that him been off on a 😊 jolly.

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Or are theses the plans hidden in the radio transmission in Contact? Will it build us a portal to transport new players in?

Off course that's the way forward. Glad I have retired. There is no fffffuker that goes and actually scouts that has played football.  It's a geeks 🤓 🌎 world. Not quite true west ham and a few others. Norwich???? 

Basically, the nearer the goalie is to that point where all lines cross, the nearer he is to being balanced in terms of hogging his line, coming off his line, and actually catching crosses instead of pushing or punching them out. Krul tends to stay on his line a bit more, whereas de Gea and Fabianski are classic line hoggers who don't tend to come out if a ball is winged in and also tend to stay back.

Someone like Martinez will be more of a classic "sweeper-keeper", ten yards further up the pitch to cut out balls behind. In our team that's pretty much Hanley's job at centre-half, or whichever full-back is quicker that time as Krul will stick back more than most. At the other end, a Schmeichel or Guaita will look to command far more when crosses are sent into the box.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Basically, the nearer the goalie is to that point where all lines cross, the nearer he is to being balanced in terms of hogging his line, coming off his line, and actually catching crosses instead of pushing or punching them out. Krul tends to stay on his line a bit more, whereas de Gea and Fabianski are classic line hoggers who don't tend to come out if a ball is winged in and also tend to stay back.

Someone like Martinez will be more of a classic "sweeper-keeper", ten yards further up the pitch to cut out balls behind. In our team that's pretty much Hanley's job at centre-half, or whichever full-back is quicker that time as Krul will stick back more than most. At the other end, a Schmeichel or Guaita will look to command far more when crosses are sent into the box.

I wanted Cambridge to explain that and you jumped right in with all the info. I know what it's about I'm a frustrated 😠 geek ffs.

Your no fun.

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mengo said:

I wanted Cambridge to explain that and you jumped right in with all the info. I know what it's about I'm a frustrated 😠 geek ffs.

Your no fun.

You're. 😉

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

2 minutes ago, detroit94 said:

Would be interesting to see where Kevin Keelan would be on the chart

The isn't a "scares the life out of the opposition" part. 

In fairness, Krul hasn't had a chance to do much else other than try and get in the way of the millions of shots leaking through our defence. I'm more surprised he's not about 3 miles off the graph 😅

47 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You're. 😉

Thank you. 😊 typo.

I could have told them Krul stays on his line a lot. He's got no f***King option, he's getting bombarded more than the lines and coloured balls can handle. The computer is going into meltdown.😉😊

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Looks like the app on my phone that tells me what stars are in the sky......

😁 yes Lakey. I would say we are missing good old Patrick Moore (RIP).

The Sky at night. Now that was the real deal.

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

You're. 😉

11 hours ago, Mengo said:

Thank you. 😊 typo.

I could have told them Krul stays on his line a lot. He's got no f***King option, he's getting bombarded more than the lines and coloured balls can handle. The computer is going into meltdown.😉😊

f***ing ( only one 'k ' and all lower case ) 😉

( Sorry, I couldn't resist ! )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Krul and Gunn together in a starting eleven might help. 

2 keepers, I like your style