Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Christian Eriksen? ...maybe?

Christian Eriksen: Denmark midfielder targets 2022 World Cup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59873198

Hear me out.

1.       Ok we leak goals and well know we need the defence sorting out but we’re not creating hardly anything, and we know the man's quality. Best form of defence is attack.

2.       His wages would have been way out of our league, but maybe not right now. Especially if on a short-term contract/free (as not “bought” from anyone). Maybe for this season, or until next Jan/or the whole of next season if he/we pull it off?

3.       He’s going to play his socks off to get ready and able for the WC Squad so will give us 100%.

4.       We’ve got a few doing "ok" on the sides but no one has stamped the hole position (matron!)/AM for years.

...its a risk but we've blown more of worse.

Believe it or not, I was thinking similar for the number 10 position. You'd need to tell one of McLean or Lees-Melou to sit alongside Sörensen for it to have half-a-chance of sticking. Or, as an alternative until Normann recovers, put Rupp alongside Sörensen as at least he may be defensively the most diligent in terms of space and positioning.

The most obvious problem is his fitness, and bearing in mind his history of heart trouble, is the Premier League really the place to get back to full speed?

Edited by TheGunnShow

It certainly has the hallmarks of a Webber signing. A crocked player brought in at a knock down price, finishes two games then out for the rest of their contract. 

• Haha 1

He’s probably better than most of our players, a short-term contract gamble might pay off for someone.  You know if it’s us it’d turn to crap, if it were someone else it’d all work out swimmingly…

Another thing to consider is Eriksen's reputation. Imagine being a younger player, like a Rowe, Idah, etc., and then having a proven top-drawer player like Eriksen to learn from.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

He’s probably better than most of our players, a short-term contract gamble might pay off for someone.  You know if it’s us it’d turn to crap, if it were someone else it’d all work out swimmingly…

Not probably, he's miles better.

Never gonna happen. 

• Like 2

He is not allowed to.play in Italian league due to his pace maker. Insurance will have paid out his contract. So it's possible... About 1% but it's possible....

Does that rule apply to English leagues? 

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Zero chance. 

Sadly so, I'm sure he'd prefer to go to Newcastle if it was an option 💰💰💰💰

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

He is not allowed to.play in Italian league due to his pace maker. Insurance will have paid out his contract. So it's possible... About 1% but it's possible....

Does that rule apply to English leagues? 

No, it's specific to Italy, he can play in other countries, it's why they agreed to terminate his contract early

If Jacob sorenson could add another position to his armory and turn out to be his best mate that might help. Otherwise dreamland. 

Edited by Bluefloyd

Tottenham short term deal. Pretty every team bar a few will want him. Short term contract at Barcelona where he will play for peanuts maybe?

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

It certainly has the hallmarks of a Webber signing. A crocked player brought in at a knock down price, finishes two games then out for the rest of their contract. 

Like Tim Krul you mean?

Would be awesome for us but less awesome for him. It's a signing I'd love as he is clearly brilliant and much better than anything we have. The trouble is, why would he come here when there are many, many more clubs who would be interested in him who could offer him much better players to play with and more money and not losing every week? No chance of him coming here. Unfortunately.

14 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Like Tim Krul you mean?

Give us another one

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Give us another one

Sam Byram....................... maybe............................ if he stays fit this time......................😬................. fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

This has to be Lee Marshall under another username.

Our old Midfielder we sold to Leicester? Nah, not me guv. 

4 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Most up there 👆thought I was delusional...but he's now joined the mighty Bee's. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60116469

You are delusional. He would never have joined us in a million years.

Answer me this..Do we have a Danish manager? Is our team located in the heart of London? Is our team full of Danish players?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Most up there 👆thought I was delusional...but he's now joined the mighty Bee's. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60116469

Brentford aren't Norwich, it was never going to happen for us. We couldn't possibly sign someone on a short term deal without immediate liquidation if we were then relegated.

• Like 1