Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Trippier to Newcastle.. Only for 15 million?

Now that's what we call a good deal for a recent title winner and England international! Wonder what kind of silly wages they have tempted him with then, 200 grand a week or so? Guess money really does talk.

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now that's what we call a good deal for a recent title winner and England international! Wonder what kind of silly wages they have tempted him with then, 200 grand a week or so? Guess money really does talk.

He's a full back who turns 32 this year, which explains why the fee looks low. Obviously Newcastle aren't bothered by the lack of resale value and are just happy to spend big on short term signings to stay up.

That's €15M to not £15M so even less. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Around 12 or so million pounds if my probably wrong brain calculations are right.

Youre not far out - £12.52 according to a google converter. 

If you were from Norfolk you could have worked that out only using 2 hands! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Youre not far out - £12.52 according to a google converter. 

If you were from Norfolk you could have worked that out only using 2 hands! 

How dare you I was born in Norwich, it's not my fault I'm stuck in the **** end of nowhere right now 😂

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

How dare you I was born in Norwich, it's not my fault I'm stuck in the **** end of nowhere right now 😂

Will you change your name when (if) you move? im sure we will know its you! 

I wasn't born in Norfolk - just sound like I was as lived here so long! 

Key points are age 32 so no resale value, and his contract runs out next year, both dramatically push down the fee . So looks pretty much a sensible transfer price for a full back.

people need to always look at these before saying whether a fee looks high or low, it’s impossible to say until you know the age and time left on the contract.

• Like 1

Proven international with previous Premiership experience, he will improve their defence unfortunately. A good signing for them and not great news for us.

3 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Proven international with previous Premiership experience, he will improve their defence unfortunately. A good signing for them and not great news for us.

How so? We don’t want them to come down with us that’s pretty much an auto spot gone. But then… do we really want promotion anymore?! Oh my! The paradox! The heart wrenching paradox!

He is 31 BTW. It's still pretty decent but he wasn't a regular starter this season and is now off Athleticos wage bill. A win/win I reckon. 

The transfer fee is low, and looks to be the new market level.  
Patterson is a full international and moving to Everton for a similiar fee.  I hope I am wrong but looks like Max will not attach the fee we hoped, although we might get a useful player or two for very little cash.

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well here we go,  all but confirmed.

Why does Newcastles most recent strip look as if all the players have a huge No.4 on their chests. Once I saw it I couldn't unsee it, drove  me a bit mental watching them  on telly.... fer kin irritating. 

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why does Newcastles most recent strip look as if all the players have a huge No.4 on their chests. Once I saw it I couldn't unsee it, drove  me a bit mental watching them  on telly.... fer kin irritating. 

But does it beat our previous shirt that had a huge square missing?! 😅

32 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

They have been champions of England four times, which will give their fans something to remember fondly when they are relegated 😉

Would any of you sold aarons and got trippier for 12m plus add ons and 130k a week? 

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Thanks for that, now I can't unsee it!