Sign in to follow this  
bethan sommerfield

so much 4 loyal supporters!!!!!

I don''t think it is a matter of protecting ''lovely cuddly Nigel'' as you so patronisingly put it, but more that these kind of chants during a game is completely counterproductive (unless of course, your aim is to see how close you can get us to the relegation zone). This season has been a joke and I think we probably do need to change managers to move forward but I think that Huckerby has a very good point in that we do all need to be singing from the same sheet whilst the games are in progress. What is wrong with protesting after the game, or at the NCISA emergency meeting when you have more chance of having a positive rather than negative influence on the club. I think we do need to support the team whilst they are playing. And to suggest that all the players love playing under Worthington is possibly one of the least perceptive comments I have ever heard. How else are they supposed to act?   

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Perhaps I am of

a dying breed of supporter, but I would never even contemplate calling

for the managers head when we are winning the game. It makes me laugh

just to think of it.[/quote]

then surely if he is responsible for the victory against brighton, he is also responsible for the 15 defeats????  [:|]

[/quote]

Not talking about the manager, just talking about getting behind your

team when they''ve come up with the goods, in the same way you jeer if

they go 3-0 down. You pay money to watch the game, we''ve won the game,

would it kill you to enjoy it?

Like it or not, it has an effect on the players, see Hucks'' interview.

Perhaps we are all missing the point here. Lets keep up with the silence, booing and Worthy Out chants as our previous cheering of the team led to many defeats. Perhaps as a crowd we have now got it right!!!

"Last two years??? Where were you when we got promoted mate???"i was there celebrating with everyone else. THAT WAS 2YEARS AGO. 6million pounds later and we''re as poorly off as we were under Hamilton.yeah he had a successful season - but one successful year out of 5 is not a basis to keep a manager. especially not after being backed to the hilt by the board. GIVE ME A REASON WE SHOULD KEEP HIM NOW. NOT WHY WE SHOULD''VE KEPT HIM 2YEARS AGO!?

Keep your perm on, I do not condone the chanting, do not take part in it nor do I want my team to get relegated merely responding in kind to a puerile post. I respect the opinions of those who are dubbed "KTF" as I do those dubbed "WO", but I do get annoyed with posts that question the loyalty of the fans.

[quote user="i luv zipper"]

at half time i was moaning at how badly norwich played and it is normally my dad who does all the moaning!

[/quote]

LOL Immy - well I''m sorrreee [;)]

You are becoming more opininated than me - and please keep off ''my'' website; I need my own space! 

yes you are right worthy does train them etc; tell them what 2 do but at the end of the day is it him that goes out there and plays the footy on the pitch looses the ball? ....NO!!misses thse open goals ....NO!!

so its not just worthy in the wrong is it?

the players are just as much in the wrong as worthy they are as bad/good as each other!!

and i think its dreadfull 3-0 up still giving the team and manager no support by the lack of attendance and chants being sung also the WO chants

i mean 3-0 up (its a win) and a wins a in doesnt matter how they win does it?

cant any of you fans just be hppy for a win it hasnt happened in a long while and now that we do win a game u are still moaing 

the club cant do nothing right for some fans now!!!

its a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="bethan sommerfield"]

yes you are right worthy does train them etc; tell them what 2 do but at the end of the day is it him that goes out there and plays the footy on the pitch looses the ball? ....NO!!misses thse open goals ....NO!!

the players are just as much in the wrong as worthy they are as bad/good as each other!!

and i think its dreadfull 3-0 up still giving the team and manager no support by the lack of attendance and chants being sung also the WO chants

cant any of you fans just be hppy for a win it hasnt happened in a long while and now that we do win a game u are still moaing 

[/quote]

Music [8] back to school on monday, back to school on monday, la la la laaa, la la la laaa Music [8]

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]Perhaps I am of a dying breed of supporter, but I would never even contemplate calling for the managers head when we are winning the game. It makes me laugh just to think of it.
[/quote]

then surely if he is responsible for the victory against brighton, he is also responsible for the 15 defeats????  [:|]

[/quote]

Not talking about the manager, just talking about getting behind your team when they''ve come up with the goods, in the same way you jeer if they go 3-0 down. You pay money to watch the game, we''ve won the game, would it kill you to enjoy it?

Like it or not, it has an effect on the players, see Hucks'' interview.
[/quote]

you are right of course, but it is very difficult to get behind the team under these circumstances..  many fans thoughts at kick off had nothing to do with the match in front of them, and the match they watched did nothing to get those fans minds onto anything else...

I think there probably are around a quarter worthy outers a quarter KTFers and a quarter sitting on the fence at the moment very worried with whats going on, along with a quarter fairly casual fans whom really dont have much of an opinion either way, if a huge worthy out chant came up and we were losing they would just join in....  I think the Brighton match showed that Carrow Road is seriously on the verge of breaking...  If Brighton had got a goal their would have been REAL anger on the terraces (sorry sitting in the seats [;)]) and i dont imagine our fans would have been cheering the team on to get a winner either......

Is this good - not in the slightest, and it shows no chance of getting better....

[/quote]yeah and if a player underperforms long enough, they get subbed, not picked for games and even sold to other clubs.  using that yardstick, worthy as a manager should have been dropped ages ago - its not all his fault of course, but as the manager he is responsible for motivating the players and choosing tactics that play to their strengths.  its clearly not happening under worthy and when the club gets into a rut this big, something has to give, and usually a new manager with a fresh perspective is needed.the failure to act sooner by the board is seriously undermining the spirit of the club.  Fact - the fans are not united behind the current manager and are arguing badly amongst each other - at least we can all agree on this point.  a true supporter wants what best for city and at the moment its accepting its time for worthy to go, becuase disunity and protests are not in the best interests of city - nigel has lost his chance with too many to bring all the fans back on board imo.

Come on Tom - no need for that mate!   We need as much participation as possible on this board to ensure that it doesn''t go stale.   Insults like that are uncalled for...

Take no notice Bethan - as for Worthy - out as far as I''m concerned - I don''t blame the players per se but they AND Worthington do have to bear a great deal of responsibility for the farce that this season has become.

Come on Tom - these youngsters are the clubs future;  they have as much right to post their views as anyone else and I find it refreshing that bethan is passionate enough to put her views on here - whether she is a schoolgirl or not, and whether I agree with them or not.

Pushing them off the site and out of the club when supporting Chelsea or whoever is current top dog is an easier option is in no ones long term interest.

Keep your posts coming Bethan - and i luz zipper - and any others of a similar age group... we need you! 

pretty much the response i expected - i was just playing by worthy''s tactics - forget the youngsters, lets see how many fans we can buy off other clubs for ridiculous money.... as long as they clap alot it doesnt matter how badly they perform. in fact lets purge the club of passionate, talented young fans by not giving them a chance - that leaves plent of room for cloggers other teams dont want!

yes thank u very much zippers!! you dont have 2 agree with my views and i dont have 2 agreewith any of yours do i complain about a man older than me postin views n this ....NO

so tom wether im a school gal or not do it realli matta? no didnt fink so

nd if u av a prob wid youngsters writin on ere dats like u a a prob wid youngsters goin 2 a game of footy whch dey enjoy

wots wrong with people younger than you puttin in theeir point of view  about a team they love??

[quote user="bethan sommerfield"]they do wanna play 4 worthy, if you have read some other posts some people have sai they obviously feel sorry 4 worthy because when SOME fans started singin WORTHY OUT they started 2 preform better!!![/quote]

Yep, started to perform MUCH better against the 10 men of 22nd placed Brighton, its not as if they had just played half an hour a man down and were absolutely hammered because they hadnt given up and were still admirably trying to get something from the game (and nearly did), WAS IT?

people just look at the results, many were happy with a point against Hull, including Worthy but the performance was poor! we were handed the three points on Tuesday and 3-0 was so harsh on Brighton, Im not criticising the win, I''m just saying that we dont deserve too much praise for a lucky win. Brighton showed a lot of spirit, at the end of the day we only one because their team is poor and the 10 men left holes at the back for earnie to exploit

Very clever Tom, now how about apologising, or I think it may be your bedtime before too long. With this type of response perhaps you weren''t being ironic about going back to school on Monday. 

And, yes, Bethany, don''t let him push you off the board, keep it coming.

yes i do agree that brighton showed a lot of spirit they played 90minutes of football never gave up

we may no deserve alot of praise but the fans could at least enjoy the fact we won some fans have but not all)

yer i fink he should appoligise i better write properly ie already been told of hehe!! yer his bedtime get a nice hot chocolate and a nice bedtime story argh bess ya (or should i say YOU)

dont worry i wont let anyone push me off the board i stand up 4 myself!!

all your comments are the same as mine i doesnt matter about the age this board wasnt made 4 all fogies!!

[quote user="bethan sommerfield"]they do wanna play 4 worthy, if you have read some other posts some people have sai they obviously feel sorry 4 worthy because when SOME fans started singin WORTHY OUT they started 2 preform better!!![/quote]

Thats it then, for the sake of the club no matter which camp you sit in (WO or KTF), if some of the players performance improves by the "Worthy out" chants..... then after three ladies and gents " We want Worthy out we want Worthy out".

Remember you are not being disloyal you are helping the club out of a sticky situation........

[:P]

you WO  chanters do what you wish chant if you wish but i dont think its good to do it before or during a game

as i have said befor the players muct feel dreadful hearing the WO chants especially when the atmosphere has been dreadful all throught the game and the the only song you can sing when we r 3-0 up is ''WE WANT WORTHY OUT''

must make the player feel horrid and its not all worthy and also the fans which dont want worthy out or dont participate in the chants must think i would rather sing a song that will make the players and rest of club happier no just the fans that want worthy out!!!

hi i would just like to say all you fans calling yourselves ''loyal supporters'' then souting all WORTHY OUT that doesnt make the rest of the fans look good does it and also how do you think the players feel when they run out of the tunnel and most (not every fan does) fans are shouting ''we want worthy out'' how does the players feel?????

it''s not all worthys fault is it??

[/quote] I agree Bethan that the chants and the atmosphere won''t help the players at all. I don''t think though that you can say fans aren''t loyal for wanting Worthy replaced. However I am shocked at some of the responses to our bad spell by some - wanting us to lose, saying they''re fed up with Norwich etc. No it''s probably not all Worthy''s fault but he doesn''t seem to be improving things and I don''t think we will move forward until we have some new blood in the hot seat. I think Worthy has taken the club as far as he can and we need a fresh start!

Oh and ignore the comments about spelling/punctuation or think of a witty response - some people on here complain at every little opportunity!! ;-)

you WO  chanters do what you wish chant if you wish but i dont think its good to do it before or during a game

as i have said befor the players muct feel dreadful hearing the WO chants especially when the atmosphere has been dreadful all throught the game and the the only song you can sing when we r 3-0 up is ''WE WANT WORTHY OUT''

must make the player feel horrid and its not all worthy and also the fans which dont want worthy out or dont participate in the chants must think i would rather sing a song that will make the players and rest of club happier no just the fans that want worthy out!!!

[/quote]unity will be restored when a new manager comes in, but until then, expect more of the same at carra rd bethan. 

I was going to ask which Zipper ''i luv zipper'' loved, but ZLF''s response answered it for me! (I think [*-)])Bethan, nice to read some positive views from a group which isn''t well represented on this site. I was with you all the way until I hit this..."nd if u av a prob wid youngsters writin on ere dats like u a a prob wid youngsters goin 2 a game of footy whch dey enjoy"I''m afraid I stared and stared without a hope. Your other points were well made, though! [:D]

Yes FBM ''i luv zipper'' is my daughter adn the ''zipper'' bit is McVeigh not me I hasten to add...

I can tell you its hard work toget them to use ''proper'' sentences rather than this texting lark so I can understand bethan slipping - but would want to read too much more of it. - take note imi .... I am watching!  

im sorry ''fat barman'' jope it didnt affend you but i dont see whats rong with peole of a young age writing on here

what didnt u like about tis bit?  "nd if u av a prob wid youngsters writin on ere dats like u a a prob wid youngsters goin 2 a game of footy whch dey enjoy"

yes i do agree that brighton showed a lot of spirit they played 90minutes of football never gave up

we may no deserve alot of praise but the fans could at least enjoy the fact we won some fans have but not all)

[/quote]  Bethan if  Norwich occassionally played 90 minutes of football then the supporters wouldn''t need to complain.  Sadly under the present management I don''t think we can claim that Norwich have played 90 minutes of football for a long time.