[quote user="ridgeman"]At least Megson has done the honourable thing and resigned[/quote]How do you know what happened behind closed doors?I doubt its uncommon in these situations for a manager to be issued with an ultimatum of "resign or you''re sacked"Most would take the former option given the choice I would imagine as it enables a more graceful exit and a better chance of a fresh start elsewhere.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="ridgeman"]At least Megson has done the honourable thing and resigned[/quote]

How do you know what happened behind closed doors?
I doubt its uncommon in these situations for a manager to be issued with an ultimatum of "resign or you''re sacked"
Most would take the former option given the choice I would imagine as it enables a more graceful exit and a better chance of a fresh start elsewhere.
[/quote] Let''s offer Worthy that option then! I''d prefer to see him resign than get sacked. Worthy seems determined not to budge though - I guess he wants to test the board and probably believes they owe it to him to keep him in the job after he got us promoted!!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Let''s offer Worthy that option then! I''d prefer to see him resign than get sacked. Worthy seems determined not to budge though - I guess he wants to test the board and probably believes they owe it to him to keep him in the job after he got us promoted!![/quote]Who knows?What I do know is this. The board have invested a lot more money than I have or am ever likely to in the club. They don''t look like they''re here for the short term gain, they have the clubs (and ultimately their own, lets face it) interests at heart.I''m happy to leave if up to them if and when they decide to give their man the push. Personally I hope all is well in the dressing room and Worthy''s rebuilt squad (some of whom have only been here 5 minutes) fire us to automatic promotion next season. I think we owe it to the man, regardless of what anyone says.

to the person who said "resign or be sacked"

if so, why didnt megson stay, and get more money by being sacked?

[quote user="AJ"]

to the person who said "resign or be sacked"

if so, why didnt megson stay, and get more money by being sacked?

[/quote] I don''t think anyone likes to be sacked. Anyway how do you know he didn''t get a pay off for walking? It might not have been about the money. Sometime pride is worth more and I''d always walk than be sacked even if it did mean considerably less money!

Worthington won''t walk away.

He has been here for nearly 6 years as manager and longer than that in his assistant role to Hammy.

His family have also been in Norfolk for as long as NW has been here. They are very settled. His kids are settled in their schools. Nigel will not voluntarily throw that all away as it would be a massive upheaval to him and his family as if he left here him and his family would have to relocate elsewhere in the country, his kids would have to find new schools, make new friends etc.

The way Worthy celebrated our second goal against Brighton and embraced Foley? i get the impression he will do anything to stay in his job.

[quote user="ridgeman"]At least Megson has done the honourable thing and resigned, is there light at the end of the tunnel Worthington always seemed to be just behind Megson in most transfers.[/quote]

He wasn''t just behind Megson in the transfer market but behind him in tactical knowledge and man management skills too, given the fact Megson isn''t up to managing a club in a league lower than Norwich - it kind of sets a certain alarm bell ringing doesn''t it?

[quote user="ridgeman"]At least Megson has done the honourable thing and resigned, is there light at the end of the tunnel Worthington always seemed to be just behind Megson in most transfers.[/quote]

So how many managers  have Forest  sacked  in the last five years ?    doesn`t seem to work very well , does it ?    a steady downward spiral   for a  club  with a magnificent stadium  and  gates  of around 20K   ....   from the heights  of the seventies   to  the  lows of  knocking on div 2 `s  door  .....  and we could , so easily ,  follow them down that path !