IMO, with a threadbare squad, we need to play the U23s plus Sargent and Gunn. It would be suicidal to put out that team you've suggested. Esp Byram. We need to make the most of the 2 week rest our first team have been afforded.

22 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

IMO, with a threadbare squad, we need to play the U23s plus Sargent and Gunn. It would be suicidal to put out that team you've suggested. Esp Byram. We need to make the most of the 2 week rest our first team have been afforded.

3 minutes ago, MORDENCANARY said:

Dean Smith will play the strongest possible line up.....end of .

These two things just don't go together

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

If and it’s a big if most of the absences recently were for Covid, our squad should be slightly less threadbare by then. We have 3 crucial games after Charlton and then a 2 and a half week gap before our next league game.

Mumba and Tzolis to start. One of the u23s in midfield or forward line, gibbs/kamara/rowe/Clarke. Cantwell should also play if available. Pukki rolled in cotton wool and left in Colney. 

Gunn,

Giannoulis, Big Andy, Gibson, Mumba

Sorensen. Rupp

Tzolis, Dowell, Sargent

Idah

5 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Gunn,

Sorensen. Rupp

Tzolis, Dowell, Sargent

Idah

Will Omobamidele back by Sunday? Not heard anything.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Gunn,

Sorensen. Rupp

Tzolis, Dowell, Sargent

Idah

This would work, I am sort of expecting Idah to go, so expect Sargent upfront with Rowe getting his full debut - but then what do I know - very little really

Is anyone bothering to go to this game? Had a quick look on the Charlton ticket page, doesnt look like they've sold many home tickets.

Edited by Satriales

Play our best 11 to get a modicum of fitness in their legs after lengthy lay off.  Then save your best players for the Everton game. Use the squad for West Ham a game unlikely to be a game with a win.  Also Cuo run could boost confidence.  

20 hours ago, Bluefloyd said:

Mumba and Tzolis to start. One of the u23s in midfield or forward line, gibbs/kamara/rowe/Clarke. Cantwell should also play if available. Pukki rolled in cotton wool and left in Colney. 

Unlikely Cantwell will play as that would 'cup tie' him. Another million off the transfer fee.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Play our best 11 to get a modicum of fitness in their legs after lengthy lay off.  Then save your best players for the Everton game. Use the squad for West Ham a game unlikely to be a game with a win.  Also Cuo run could boost confidence.  

sounding like Farke there, giving up on games before we've started!    There's 3 points available there, 0-1 and will need an own goal but you never know! 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Unlikely Cantwell will play as that would 'cup tie' him. Another million off the transfer fee.

Like it. But I don’t think he will be going anywhere, nobody knows for sure why he has not been playing and I dont see any club paying for a player who has not had any real game time since last season. 

I'm normally an advocate of us playing our strongest team in the FA Cup, but not in these plague-ridden times.

Send the U23s, with the possible exception of anyone returning from injury or covid who needs a run out.

6 hours ago, Satriales said:

Is anyone bothering to go to this game? Had a quick look on the Charlton ticket page, doesnt look like they've sold many home tickets.

I will be there with my boys- living in Kent it’s a much better return journey than the long Carrie road run. Also- we might, just might, actually get a goal to cheer. Forgotten what that feels like! 

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2022 at 18:58, cambridgeshire canary said:

What are we thinking? Knowing the players that are supposed to be back I would go with..

team.png

Its a decvent team and like you would like to see Rupp, Sorensen, Dowell and Sargent used in their prefered positions. I'd just swap out Williams for Giannoulis and maybe bring Rowe on again. 

I've been to Charlton twice this season as local...they ain't all that TBF plus, i dont think their best defender can play as he's ours. 

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I will be there with my boys- living in Kent it’s a much better return journey than the long Carrie road run. Also- we might, just might, actually get a goal to cheer. Forgotten what that feels like! 

Me too DCB. 3 stops on the train as a Greenician. 

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'm normally an advocate of us playing our strongest team in the FA Cup, but not in these plague-ridden times.

Send the U23s, with the possible exception of anyone returning from injury or covid who needs a run out.

Most players need a run out - any of the 10+ injured-ill from over Christmas would benefit from a run out to get match-sharp.

Idah cf, Tzolis Dowell Sargent behind. All need some shooting practice and all need to get a goal. 

On 03/01/2022 at 21:40, cambridgeshire canary said:

Will Omobamidele back by Sunday? Not heard anything.

Thought he was out for a couple of months

11 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

That is very close- further for me in Tunbridge Wells- into London Bridge and change! But still much quicker and easier than the Norfolk pilgrimage 

You know that. The amount of points I got driving up in the Noughties I should be our manager. 

• Haha 2

It's a cup game we really need to win.....If we succumb to Charlton in the Cup, we know that the sport's media and the other club's etc, will have an absolute field day....

A City win and it hopefully generates the impetus and a good feeling to raise our player and fan's spirits.....

We should put out a strong side and leave the Valley with a victory under our belts.....

17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

It's a cup game we really need to win.....If we succumb to Charlton in the Cup, we know that the sport's media and the other club's etc, will have an absolute field day....

A City win and it hopefully generates the impetus and a good feeling to raise our player and fan's spirits.....

We should put out a strong side and leave the Valley with a victory under our belts.....

Absolutely. If we score a few and win well, it will be a great confidence boost, even if it is a cup game.

13 hours ago, spencer 1970 said:

Me too DCB. 3 stops on the train as a Greenician. 

Just a few more stops for me but still undecided…the move to a Sunday afternoon makes it less appealing but I could also be home by half past four with a fair wind and the game being decided in the normal ninety minutes.

Would hope we put out a relatively strong side as we’re crying out for any positive result but, having said that, I think it’s easy to forget that our ‘reserves’ blew away a Bournemouth side earlier this season and we should (in theory!) have enough to beat an average League One side whoever we decide to put out (as long as they don’t take it for granted).

• Like 1

I think we would be wise to put a strong team out- a win and some goals would hugely lift the pressure - even though West Ham fixture midweek might make us hesitant to go for it. 

Just bought tickets to take my boy to his 1st game.  He is only 6 but he fell in love with football when the euros were on.   Kids for a quid is a great way to get them to experience a real game and take in the atmosphere.  Hoping we play a stong team and don't get stuffed!! 🙄

• Like 5