Sign in to follow this  
Winning 25

If we're not signing a CDM give that role to Byram

He played there at Leeds on occasions.  A midfield three of Byram, Normann and Gilmour has Premier League quality written all over it. Albeit an injury prone one. Byram plays the deeper role, allowing Normann and Gilmour more creative freedom, and hopefully more goals. Normann although he can play deep is one of our few goal threats. We need him playing further forward when/if he's back in February. In the meantime give Normann's role to Rupp. Sorensen and McLean aren't good enough to start.

The way Byram got the yellow card against Palace made me think. He's what we need in the middle of the pitch. Playing him there would make us defensively more secure and offer us more attacking threats.

Sam Byram needs nursing to get back to full fitness.

He's a bit special and we don't want him crocked again by pushing him too soon.

The fact our best player v palace hasn’t played a game on 2 years was pretty funny you’ve got to admit 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The fact our best player v palace hasn’t played a game on 2 years was pretty funny you’ve got to admit 😂

Just proves what a player he can be. Like a new signing.  Great to see him back and playing well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Sam Byram needs nursing to get back to full fitness.

He's a bit special and we don't want him crocked again by pushing him too soon.

He'll want to play every minute after being injured for so long. Its his career, his legacy. Also we're in a battle for survival, no nursing, 110 percent every game

Why not try Angus Gunn there? Big lad, His dad was pretty handy outfield too. No, maybe we should sign a proper defensive midfielder rather than shoehorn other players in.

I am and will continue to be absolutely shocked at how the most obviously lacking position in our team was not addressed in the summer (Normann whilst our best midfielder so far, he is not a defensive midfielder). It's a massive, massive failure and how virtually every fan can see it but the professionals who are employed for this sort of thing did not see it as a number one priority shocks me and raises question marks about their competence.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Winning 25 said:

He'll want to play every minute after being injured for so long. Its his career, his legacy. Also we're in a battle for survival, no nursing, 110 percent every game

He cost us money so it's not just down to him.

The club should buy a proper centre back instead of always 'making do' all of the time.

1 hour ago, Nora's Ghost said:

He cost us money so it's not just down to him.

The club should buy a proper centre back instead of always 'making do' all of the time.

I don't think centre backs are a priority this window 

God this is desperate. When your square pegs are better to fit in your round holes, rather than your broken ones on the floor

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Why not try Angus Gunn there? Big lad, His dad was pretty handy outfield too. No, maybe we should sign a proper defensive midfielder rather than shoehorn other players in.

I am and will continue to be absolutely shocked at how the most obviously lacking position in our team was not addressed in the summer (Normann whilst our best midfielder so far, he is not a defensive midfielder). It's a massive, massive failure and how virtually every fan can see it but the professionals who are employed for this sort of thing did not see it as a number one priority shocks me and raises question marks about their competence.

To be fair, this thread shows that not virtually every fan can see it 😳

• Like 1

As Vlad said earlier, Williams is probably the better shout for that position, seems to be a natural anticipator but he's on loan and not ideal to prepare for next season.   Sorensen hasn't let us down and deserves a go first though.   Would just let Sorensen do it for 10 games and see how he responds.

3 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

A midfield three of Byram, Normann and Gilmour has Premier League quality written all over it.

I’m sorry to burst your positivity bubble, but I’m afraid, this really, really isn’t the case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

As Vlad said earlier, Williams is probably the better shout for that position, seems to be a natural anticipator but he's on loan and not ideal to prepare for next season.   Sorensen hasn't let us down and deserves a go first though.   Would just let Sorensen do it for 10 games and see how he responds.

Agreed. We play various players regularly who dont put in good shifts. Sorensen is our only CDM at the club, and plays well wherever else he's played. Why not just give him a run of games in his natural position, so he can adapt and get sharper.

Everyone else has been cr*p so why not try him 

I don't like the idea of Byram having to do all the running involved in playing in a PL midfield, I think we're just asking for injuries if that happened on a regular basis. He's a more reserved right back and a damned good one and for me keeps his place on either flank so long as he's fit.

We have to sign or loan in a proper DM in January, hopefully two, then fingers crossed we get Normann back sooner than expected and we might have a competitive midfield

9 hours ago, Winning 25 said:

A midfield three of Byram, Normann and Gilmour has Premier League quality written all over it.

Please may I have some of whatever substance you’ve been taking?

10 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Yes it wasn’t as though almost the entire first team was missing was it?

24 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yes it wasn’t as though almost the entire first team was missing was it?

I think he’d have beaten any of those as well. He wouldn’t have had to have tried that hard

35 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I think he’d have beaten any of those as well. He wouldn’t have had to have tried that hard

I bet you're fun at parties......... ☺ 

On 03/01/2022 at 10:25, Capt. Pants said:

A midfield trio of Normann, Byram and Rupp would get ripped to shreads in the Premier League.

I think my Granny has more chance of playing than that sick note trio

The club has blown it again in EPL

Sorensen should be given a really chance there rather than the odd game. He needs a few games in a row to get in the swing of it.