Sign in to follow this  
FilletTheFishWife .

Worthy :- Don't boo Hughes

Worthy could easily resolve this by not playing him.

I noticed that Hughes looked rather dejected at the end of the match but Worthy could have done us (and Hughes) a big favour by substituting him.

The headline should read "Fans:- Don''t play Hughes"

The current situation is not good for fans, Worthy, and Hughes alike and i''ve seen little to indicate potential for improvement. Sure, he gives 110% but 110% of nothing.

He''s not a charity case. We need the best XI and that surely doesn''t include AH.

Drop him....problem solved.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Worthy could easily resolve this by not playing him.

I noticed that Hughes looked rather dejected at the end of the match but Worthy could have done us (and Hughes) a big favour by substituting him.

The headline should read "Fans:- Don''t play Hughes"

The current situation is not good for fans, Worthy, and Hughes alike and i''ve seen little to indicate potential for improvement. Sure, he gives 110% but 110% of nothing.

He''s not a charity case. We need the best XI and that surely doesn''t include AH.

Drop him....problem solved.

[/quote]

Dropping him is not the answer Fillet, transfering him is the better option!. We might fool someone into paying for him.

I don''t think there''s a single person who has paid to watch Norwich City this season that would disagree with what you''ve just said.

Message to the Pink''un mods and writers; why not stick an article on the site detailing the fans point of view and comments rather than Worthy''s. "Fans:- Don''t play Hughes" would be a cracking headline.

Perhaps a response will be we wont boo hughes (not that I do - but I can understand peoples frustrations here) if he performs well;  or we wont boo hughes if you as manager realise he is not performing well so either substitute him or put him on the bench....

Why does the club currently think they can tell us what to do and think, wall of noise, dont boo players, stick with the manager, opinions not allowed;    its all do this do that;   the fan base can and willmake its own mind up;  if its up to scratch the club will get time and continued support if its not good enough they will be told but fans will still attend matches - and that is a demonstration of loyalty; abandoning independent thought is not...

Or perhaps Worthy can explain what is that he and his coaches see in Hughesy performances that I am clearly missing...

Yes, I sat and mused at the article in the EDP this morning. It leads to a few potentially interesting scenarios tomorrow. Is this a subtle Worthy way of giving Hughes an excuse as to why he isn''t selected tomorrow if he does drop him? Or will he still play him after this article? What then happens if Hughes is consistently boooed from the first minute? Where does that leave Worthy and his standing with the crowd after his plea in the paper? Does he care?  

all this headline is going to do is incite more fans too boo hughes......  as the wall of noise created a deafening silence....

I got the the match just after kick off but apparantly Hughes and Etuhu were booed when the lineups read out??? Could someone confirm this??

''''I noticed that Hughes looked rather dejected at the end of the match''''

- maybe because despite being part of a 3-0 winning team he was booed by his home crowd???

I fully understand peoples'' drustrations with AH and fully accept that people who buy a ticket are entitled to express their frustrations but I cannot see any positive product in booing Hughes.

Why are people booing him ... because he has not shown enough talent - this is not fair. I can understand booing players that just don''t care and show no pride in wearing our jersey but if a guy is slogging out his guts game after game but just hasn''t appeared good enough then the management team not the player should receive the criticism and this is not the way to do it.

Worthy will not stop playing AH because he is booed or because the boos are affecting him. It only serves to dermoralise the player, demoralise the team, put a wedge between the players and fans and bring a negative, ill feeling to Carrow Road. Never boo a tryer.

OTBC 

I think that Hughes is an average player, but I do not agree with singling out players for abuse as it really does not help.We have to get real NW is not going to drop Hughes unless he has a very very poor run of form and he certainly is not going to be swayed by the booing because he does not care what the fans think.

PR, spot on.

Booing players just creates a downward spiral - even if we can all apparently see that "he is useless / rubbish / worst player to wear the shirt etc etc".

Also - how many other players have played well this season? I don''t hear Colin getting booed, or Greeno (who hasn''t been performing), or Huckerby (who is a shadow of the player we know he can be).

I think it may be a case of everyone ganging up and picking on the "new kids" while the old boys get away scot free.

He is clearly crap but booing the player isnt going to do him or the rest of the players any good. It will also damage our reputation as good fans by doing so. NW clearly wont listen so we need to get behind him but hope that NW will sub him in future. I reckon that the reason he wasnt subbed was because of the reaction the fans would have given. I.e chearing, which would have helped less.

So come on then, lets stop the booing and hope that he improves or NW sees sense.

I cant believe how fickle you all are, it wasnt so long ago that you were all wishing him a speedy recovery after his injury, I cant wait for him to score another cracking goal and stick his finger up to the lot of you!

If Worthy drops him you will only pick out another player to slate, it wasnt so long ago you all wanted Fleming dropped.

I think the reason Hughes is getting booed is really down to peoples frustrations with the ''style'' of football we are playing. I certainly want to see us become a passing team once more and this seems unlikely while Hughes is playing as he would struggle to pass wind. He is symptomatic of what is wrong with us at the moment - all effort and no ability.

Having said that I wouldn''t boo him and don''t think any Norwich fans should as this will only destroy whatever confidence he has left. The blame lies with Worthington for picking him so if you want to boo anyone he''s your man.

Worthy has a point, when I play if everyone groans when I get the ball it makes me nervous and then mess up the pass. I reackon if 26,000 groan it''ll be a bit worse than that won''t it. A bit of support for the poor chap may do him the world of good.

"I cant believe how fickle you all are, it wasnt so long ago that you were all wishing him a speedy recovery after his injury, I cant wait for him to score another cracking goal and stick his finger up to the lot of you!

If Worthy drops him you will only pick out another player to slate, it wasnt so long ago you all wanted Fleming dropped."

What a load of TOSH!!!  I can remember a few hughes supporters on here but not many - his ability level is so low it is no wonder he was booed at Reading...  If we hadnt paid 550,000 for him and he wasnt the first name on the teamsheet maybe people would be a little more forgiving of his mistakes and general lack of ability

[quote user="eldrich canary"]Worthy has a point, when I play if everyone groans when I get the ball it makes me nervous and then mess up the pass. I reackon if 26,000 groan it''ll be a bit worse than that won''t it. A bit of support for the poor chap may do him the world of good.

[/quote] I agree to a certain extent but Worthy has to question - why are the fans booing Hughes?? We wouldn''t boo if he was good!

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="eldrich canary"]Worthy has a point, when I play if everyone groans when I get the ball it makes me nervous and then mess up the pass. I reackon if 26,000 groan it''ll be a bit worse than that won''t it. A bit of support for the poor chap may do him the world of good.

[/quote] I agree to a certain extent but Worthy has to question - why are the fans booing Hughes?? We wouldn''t boo if he was good![/quote] I say we boo - I meant the fans collectively. I haven''t booed and never will boo a player in our team! I don''t think that''s acceptable - especially when he does clearly give 110%. Worthy signed him and continues to play him - it''s not Hughes'' fault he''s not good enough!

As much as I don''t rate the man.. in my eyes he soils the shirt...  booing isn''t the answer ... he is picked to play and it isn''t his fault ...it is the doughnut in charge who gets my boos. everytime.. 

A comedian gets booed he changes his act or gives up

Worthington gets booed he goes deaf and carries on

I couldn''t believe the headine this morning. I actually wrote across the article "Fans: don''t be so s@*t". Yes I do have too much time on my hands!

It is frustrating to see a player of such limited ability in a City shirt, that''s why some boo. I don''t and won''t, precisely because he is wearing a city shirt. As others have said, it''s not his fault he''s not up to it, it''s the fault of the numpty who signed him. He is a trier, which is more than can be said for Etuhu. Now I am tempted to bo him.

He is a great player.

I think when he went up and played against Reading he saw how well they are doing and possivly felt a bit dejected about moving, perhaps.

Fans shouldn''t boo him though. It''s the same for Hendo, he gets booed even when he plays well.

When will the fans learn, the players aren''t gonna play better if they get booed everytime they play.

I think the fans are also being very picky at the moment, many sarcastic claps and cheers isn''t gonna help the players.

Yes good call. but who do you think will buy him ? Poor old nigel had his leg lifter again, how many millions is that down the    swanee ,of poor old citys money, yours and   my money i may add.

I ask this because we all know his hatered of paul mac , libbra , crowe , and young crane one of the most gifted players i have ever seen  , bombing forward from midfield .He did not get back quick enough onto his own goal line for dear old nigel , he pulled him off in quick time .when he laught at him , well crane only stands at 5 .7 when shack. and ryan came to plead for him they have condemed themselves to reserve football under good old nigel , i was there.so i saw the hatered on his face .

"He is a great player."

GaryDocLegend - I totally disagree with your assessment, but I''d be interested to now how you came to this conclusion.

I think Hughs could be a good player. He certainly does no worse than Holt used to and he was well rated - although I am sure a bunch of people are going to turn round and say he was pants now as well.I just don''t think the team are playing well enough on the whole to be able to get he most of what he can do. And in fairness this is a lot of the problem with the team at the moment. We are simply not seeing the best of some players - not because they are not turning it on but because the "team" isnt playing as one.People have said Hucks is in out of form this season and again I think people are wrong. He is a clever and quick thinking footballer - if the rest of the team are not up to speed the best will not be got out of him. He can not win all of our matches on his own although at least he does try to.Now I am not saying Hughes is as good as Makalele but you have to see the comparisons. And many teams have that sort of a combination in their midfields now. Just think of the battling ball winning players that there are and how much they can be missed.Liverpool have Harmman and Alonso, Man U are suffering for not coming to terms with the demise of Keane early enough. The reason why I think Makelele is a good example is because he is not the most technical player nor does he try to make too many elaborate passes or seek to be the hero. He tries to provide a base for the other midfielders to work from. He tries to get moves going with short passes to the players that can play the balls that count and works hard to break up opposition attacks. The reason why he doesnt look so great at the moment is that the team as a whole isnt performing and so more weight is placed on his shoulders to do something as it is with the rest of the players.But this means people will scrutanise his overall game.If everything was ticking right no one would be complaining. He would be tackling and harassing and breaking up opponents moves and then giving the ball to the likes of Safri, Hucks etc for them to start building a move.This season at least he is one of the players that can argue that he has fought for the cause. He has tried and tried and tried and for that I admire him because he is clearly trying to help get everything working. Like I say - just weight until it all snaps into place . . . .