Sign in to follow this  
York_Yellow

Magical moment from the Canaries??

Ok, this season hasnt produced many truely magical moments BUT, in an attempt to post a positive thread, howabout we all on (KTFs and WOs) think back to a moment that still makes you smile and think only good things???

For me, showing the big bad boys of Bayern Munchen (especially Lothar Mattias) that a little known team from  Norfolk could work miracles again a supposed unbeatable squad of superstars, was close......

The winner would be as a young(ish) lad watching Fash score the goal of the century against Liverpool. The stunned silence from the crowd until a massive roar erupted not only from the Norwich end but also from the scousers too. A moment that will be a bench mark for me when judging awesome goals.

Spent a bit of time thinking aout this and it certainly brought some good moments to mind (and a few bad....), I hope that it brings a smile to a few of you too........

2 for me..

the FA cup 1/4 final replay vs southampton is my all time favourite game... I was a small boy at the time but that match had EVERYTHING 2 red cards, goal mouth scrambles, saves galore and some scrawny 18 year old Defender named Sutton nabbing the winner... whatever happened to him????

2nd has to be wolves at home in the playoffs... the biggest bundle i have ever been in in the barclay when that 3rd goal went in.. we knew we''d got to the finhal then i reckon.... even though we still had to go to Molineaux.. the wolves were too deflated...

I can remember grabbing my mate then the chaps behind us bundling over their seats and all of us just piling ontop of each other in Rows U V and X... my shades got broken and i cut my shin to peices but i didnt care....

jas :)

Last season the 4-4 against boro was definitely magical, i remember

some kid telling his dad when they scored their 4th that their was

still 10 minutes to play. He was only about 7!

For me it has to be the end of the magical season that was 1993/4. And a trip to Anfield, but that was no ordinary trip to Anfield, It was the last ever match infront of the Standing Spion Kop, it is a match that I will never ever forget. A group of people from all different backgrounds, with one common denominator, their passion for Liverpool Football Club.

Unfortunatley the Canaries forgot to read the script pinned on the dressing room doors before kick off..... Cue a Gossy wonder goal, and the tears were already flowing at half time from the scousers. They knew what they had just witnessed, it was the final ever goal infront of The Kop, one that has its own special place in their clubs history, and for his efforts Gossy is regarded as somewhat of a legend in these parts.

For many reasons that is the magical moment from the canaries in my time supporting them. Add to that it was my one of the first visits to Anfield.  Everytime I return there I have great memories from my first ever visit there. Its a special ground, for me its better than anywhere else in this country for an atmosphere.

For me it has to be the Milk Cup Semi against Ipswich,  86 minutes gone 1-1 on aggregate and Steve Bruce scores a header in front of the Barclay.  People from the riverend on the pitch and probably one of the best pitch invasions i have ever seen at carrow road at the end

Beating Munich.

The final Whistle at Molineux in the Play off year (Dont think ive been so nervous in my life!)

Being on the pitch at Gresty road celebrating with both sets of fans, and then running about with the foil trophy that seemed to appear.

Shaking hands with pretty much every Birmingham fan on the way out of Cardiff

I agree with a number of the above but also

The snakepit getting etherington sent off

,Safris goal against newcastle

and the atmosphere before the fulham game last season.