Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Classic Emi ( sorry)

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My comment was actually genuine. But FF decided to play the poster, again! 

New year, same agenda im afraid DDJS. 

Same old bull, you had a dig so I had a pop back. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back Mr Hypocrite 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Same old bull, you had a dig so I had a pop back. Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back Mr Hypocrite 

Which part of my comment being genuine did you chose to not understand. 

Keep going.....................

Oh and I repeat - feel free to block me if you dont like me, or stop complaining. 

@Greavsy @FenwayFrank block each other, stop replying to each other, for the love of god. It is so boring seeing thread after thread clogged up with this **** then followed by both of you sounding like kids by crying 'he started it, no he did!' 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, king canary said:

@Greavsy @FenwayFrank block each other, stop replying to each other, for the love of god. It is so boring seeing thread after thread clogged up with this **** then followed by both of you sounding like kids by crying 'he started it, no he did!' 

But he did! 😉 

As ive said my post was genuine. I cant be blamed for someone else being precious and their response. 

I've never blocked anyone one one here - and dont intend now. 

Plus - SDP is a very capable moderator - so lets leave to moderating to him. 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Always the victim eh 

Just stating facts. 

Why dont you clear off to the other forum with your other friend?! 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But he did! 😉 

As ive said my post was genuine. I cant be blamed for someone else being precious and their response. 

I've never blocked anyone one one here - and dont intend now. 

Plus - SDP is a very capable moderator - so lets leave to moderating to him. 

I think that if you'd left it at " that was actually  quite  good/ funny " and left out the " for you " ... your comment  may have looked more genuine  Greavsyo ... just sayin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

This thread was going quite well until you turned up, that’s a fact too

Ill agree with that comment - was good until you replied to me

Edited by Greavsy

It reminds me of the original Kingsman film where people seem to end up fighting for no tangible reason.

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think that if you'd left it at " that was actually  quite  good/ funny " and left out the " for you " ... your comment  may have looked more genuine  Greavsyo ... just sayin. 

Just edited my post - as miss read your comment - apologies. 

I did think it was funny -for him- compared to his usual tripe. 

Edited by Greavsy

Perhaps Billy could watch Emi. How to be aggressive, strong, make telling passes and tackle. 

Edit. Apologies in advance to Kenny and Barry 

Edited by Wilson
🤪
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just edited my post - as miss read your comment - apologies. 

I did think it was funny -for him- compared to his usual tripe. 

Is this where  the appropriate  response  is.... " you can't help yourself , can you?"

😉👍😇

You can't though, can you?

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Here you go again but don’t forget, it’s never your fault

Have this one for free - 

Grow up! 

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

That’s the Emi that we all know and Villa have been waiting for

A shame really that he was so keen to leave us. 

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Odd given we were relegated with him in our team last team in the Prem then

Why do people keep trotting out that same old line, he is now 2 years older and a better player. 

Edited by city4eva
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

A shame really that he was so keen to leave us. 

Also a shame that we didn’t do everything in our power to try and keep him. Of course it might not have worked, but promising to make him the centrepiece to our football, breaking our wage structure just for him, tying in lots of additional performance based bonuses, and complementing it with that Skipp replacement and a few loans / cheaper buys might just have worked!

It’s funny because I saw the argument of the ‘damage’ caused in having one player high in excess of the rest of the team in terms of wages, but if the players could see how they are performing right now without him then I’m not sure they’d be a single complaint. Drmic was rumoured to be on £50k 2 years ago, so would Buendia on 65k with lots of extra bonus clauses really have been impossible or damaging to the club? Maybe it wouldn’t be enough but it would be close to what he’s on now! 

In truth I don’t think that pushing the boat out to keep him was ever a consideration for Webber. We never fought tooth and nail to keep Emi and he would’ve been sold the window before if a good enough bid had came in. In the end Webber obviously felt the £33m-£38m was better use for the team than one Emi, so why would he consider trying to fight it and keep him? Clearly we could reinvest again like we did with Maddison and find more uncut gems - and the model will continue to thrive. It makes sense based on our transfer business over the past 3-4 years but sadly it isn’t close to working out for us right now. 

Of course we’ll never know what really happened nor how much we tried to keep him, just like you don’t really know just how much he wanted to leave, only the narrative that’s been pedalled by the club - which by some massive coincidence also puts the club in the best possible light, strange.

But do you think Webber would handle the Emi situation exactly the same if he were there again, from start to finish? I’m not sure he would.

One thing I guess we can at least agree that he’d certainly handle the use of the proceeds differently!!! 😆

18 hours ago, city4eva said:

Why do people keep trotting out that same old line, he is now 2 years older and a better player. 

So if you're a young player - you naturally improve as you age ? 

Can someone tell Todd please?