Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How well would this team do in the Champs next season?

Recommended Posts

So, with the player departures that are assumed how do we think the team below would do in the Championship? Top six? Midtable? I do feel a top two of Rashica and Sargent would honestly do pretty well in the Championship..

team-11.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't see us hanging onto Krul or Rashica if we go down from that line up, but otherwise, that's a top 6 line up for sure, in the Championship!

Edited by Michael Starr
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, with the player departures that are assumed how do we think the team below would do in the Championship? Top six? Midtable? I do feel a top two of Rashica and Sargent would honestly do pretty well in the Championship..

team-11.png

 

Not good,not with that midfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Comfortably play off level to be honest. The gulf between the PL and the Championship these days is bigger than it's ever been.

I don't think we'd keep hold of Rashica in all honesty, but if we did, he would tear the Championship up ala Huckerby. 

Likewise, we know Hanley is as good as CB's come in the Champ, as is Gibson, and we know Omobamidele can do it as well. I have question marks over Mumba, and I suspect we would sign another RB if/when Aarons goes.

A GK combination of Krul/Gunn is as good as they come in the Championship as well. Not convinced by that midfield either, but again, I would expect reinforcements to come in when we go down.

 

Edited by Hoolahoop14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

I can't see us hanging onto Krul or Rashica if we go down from that line up, but otherwise, that's a top 6 line up for sure, in the Championship!

Rashia is on a four year contract and unless you have forgot we signed Krul while in the Championship.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Comfortably play off level to be honest. The gulf between the PL and the Championship these days is bigger than it's ever been.

I don't think we'd keep hold of Rashica in all honesty, but if we did, he would tear the Championship up ala Huckerby. 

Likewise, we know Hanley is as good as CB's come in the Champ, as is Gibson, and we know Omobamidele can do it as well. I have question marks over Mumba, and I suspect we would sign another RB if/when Aarons goes.

A GK combination of Krul/Gunn is as good as they come in the Championship as well. Not convinced by that midfield either, but again, I would expect reinforcements to come in when we go down.

 

But surely we're all thinking,why bother!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How well would we want any team to do in the Championship knowing full well what will happen next?

 

The guts have been ripped out of supporters enthusiasm and it will take years to get any sort of belief back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still need a good CDM and a more creative AM. Even without think that teams more than capable of top 6 if the confidence gets restored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Comfortably play off level to be honest. The gulf between the PL and the Championship these days is bigger than it's ever been.

I don't think we'd keep hold of Rashica in all honesty, but if we did, he would tear the Championship up ala Huckerby. 

Likewise, we know Hanley is as good as CB's come in the Champ, as is Gibson, and we know Omobamidele can do it as well. I have question marks over Mumba, and I suspect we would sign another RB if/when Aarons goes.

A GK combination of Krul/Gunn is as good as they come in the Championship as well. Not convinced by that midfield either, but again, I would expect reinforcements to come in when we go down.

 

'Not convinced by that midfield either, but again, I would expect reinforcements to come in when we go down.'

 

Don't worry, they are coming..

1_Conor-Hourihane.jpg

Anwar-El-Ghazi-3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krul could return to Brighton as third choice and not make an apperance for 2 years.  Stand in at best in PL will stay for a long time loves playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That side looks pretty strong for the championship.  I wonder if we will keep Krul, Pukki, and Rashica if we go down.  Where is Dimi?  I love watching him play.

The real impact risk would be losing Pukki.  It feels like Sargent was the player signed to support Pukki, I just can’t see it currently, will he be a different prospect in the Championship? (and will he want to stay?)

Edited by Newtopia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good side that would be right up there. I'd be worried about BOTH Rupp and McLean together as that's a pair of experienced heads we know can't quite make the leap so whilst both would probably outmanoeuvre most Championship central midfields and also provide an excellent basis for Sörensen to bed himself in properly in ostensibly his best position, we'd need reinforcement if we get up again.

Wouldn't rule out McCallum stepping up at left-back after two seasons on loan, not to mention he gives us another weapon, namely a long throw. If Byram stays fit for a prolonged period and is remotely near his best then he should be too good for the Champs too. Sargent should do very well in the Champs too - it's more hustle and bustle and as much as his technique can be very hit and miss, his sheer endeavour and willingness to chase anyone and anything hard, combined with his height and strength, will make him a very useful out-ball and wide target man of sorts.

Rashica would give us what Placheta can't, namely an ability to dribble around deep defences, if he stays. He'd have the potential to carry the team back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Sorenson, but he's not got the acceleration or agility for defensive midfield.  He's a centre back, or a central midfielder from the late 80s / early 90s when people were still smoking 20 a day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very worried for next season. I doubt Rashica will stick around for the championship. Last time we were relegated we had some great young players still at the club who were either sold to raise funds or contributed massively to promotion.

I was worried last time and proven wrong - I hope I am wrong again, but I think it's hard to argue against the fact we are in a worse position than last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rashica has looked ok ish for a few games.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/289014/Show/Milot-Rashica

I would not say he has stamped himself as a premier league player as yet and still living off a bit of new signing hype.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/milot-rashica/profil/spieler/291739

I think they have it bang on we signed for around 9m and he is currently down a bit on that around 7m.

Champs is slower so i would expect him to tear it up there to be worth 7-10 million

One in the sorry you want to leave Rashica but you did not really do much last year and we are not taking a loss.   Hammer them in in the champs and you can leave in January for a profit or leave once we are promoted.

Saying that if he comes back and gets some goals/ assists and the whole team makes more of a fist of it maybe he can go if a profit can be had leaving money for a couple of players who want to be here.

Sadly atm though we are so crap everyones stock is falling and I dont see who would want to pay more so a bit in the champs (which still gets you sold out over 10 million if any good) may be not the purgatory it once was.

Edited by Fromage Frais

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no point in that line-up doing well.

They are proving so far short of PL quality this season, that it makes a mockery of getting promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sargent is not a goalscorer. We would need to stop fannying around about buying strikers and go out and get one.

Get a CDM and put Sorenson at CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, unique said:

There is no point in that line-up doing well.

They are proving so far short of PL quality this season, that it makes a mockery of getting promoted.

Surely there is value in supporting Norwich even if we don’t play premier league every season.  My only frustration is that we are not being more competitive, I would probably have said it was a good season if we had 20 points now and on par with 17, we have been dreadful and have 10, I never saw us staying up easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sargent is not a goalscorer. We would need to stop fannying around about buying strikers and go out and get one.

Get a CDM and put Sorenson at CB.

I agree about the CDM, even if Sorensen does prove he can play there well enough.

Sargent he scored 2 in 2 in the German second tier, and all of his coaches have played him up front.  Can’t say I see it myself.

With Sorensen, I really can’t see him as a CB long term, he is neither imposing enough or quick enough.  We have Omobamidele and Tomkinson knocking on the door, surely they will get the opportunity first.

Edited by Newtopia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

How well would we want any team to do in the Championship knowing full well what will happen next?

 

The guts have been ripped out of supporters enthusiasm and it will take years to get any sort of belief back.

Twaddle.  You may be weak and have no resolve  so don't try to speak for anyone but  yourself .

If we've won five,  drawn three and lost 2 of the first ten games   next season, the ground  will be pretty much full   ..and rocking. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's our first choice team then bottom half. There's absolutely no creativity or goal threat apart from Pukki, and he's not getting any younger.

We need a complete overhaul in midfield. It's about £100m worse than our last Championship season - that's what it would cost to buy Buendia, Skipp and last season's Cantwell, plus Vrancic and Tettey. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

If Tzolis finds his groove we could have a very enjoyable season indeed.

Was just going to say, we've got Tzolis at £9m and he and rashica could rip defences apart in Champs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Was just going to say, we've got Tzolis at £9m and he and rashica could rip defences apart in Champs

I'm not saying they wouldn't tear up the Championship but how can we be sure? Tzolis has looked absolutely crap so far so I dont think we can assume he'll do well at a level below. Rashica has been okay, but nothing better than okay, so again, why would we be confident he will rip defences apart next year? There is a chance both are just average Championship players and we will be an average Championship team next year. Time will tell I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we go down without so much of a whimper, which is looking likely, confidence will be at rock bottom. Hugely important we get off to a great start otherwise I can see the crowd getting on the backs of the players and manager pretty quickly.

I think the squad will need freshening up tbh. I'm not sure the current group are hungry enough to win promotion for a 3rd time. Automatic promotion will of course be the expectation and rightly so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we go down without so much of a whimper, which is looking likely, confidence will be at rock bottom. Hugely important we get off to a great start otherwise I can see the crowd getting on the backs of the players and manager pretty quickly.

I think the squad will need freshening up tbh. I'm not sure the current group are hungry enough to win promotion for a 3rd time. Automatic promotion will of course be the expectation and rightly so.

Yes, I agree. That team is certainly good enough in theory for at least a play-off place, but everything would depend on the mentality. Would they want it enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I'm not saying they wouldn't tear up the Championship but how can we be sure? Tzolis has looked absolutely crap so far so I dont think we can assume he'll do well at a level below. Rashica has been okay, but nothing better than okay, so again, why would we be confident he will rip defences apart next year? There is a chance both are just average Championship players and we will be an average Championship team next year. Time will tell I guess.

To be fair the only time we’ve played Championship (top 6 as well) opposition we obliterated them and Tzolis and Sargent looked good. 

The gulf in quality is just so huge, I think both would be very good players in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...