Sign in to follow this  
percyvarco

Chelsea Reserves

Anybody got any idea what sort of line up Chelsea reserves will be? Couldn''t we use this as a training game now that we have an almost injury free squad who cannot be tired after last night?

I believe Chelsea don''t play any of their first team squad in reserve games. I agree with your training game suggestion. IMO our "first eleven" should play at least one half of that game, even though it''s so soon after Saturday. Judging from last night, they need to get to know each other...

[quote user="Ben Parkin"]

Chelsea just use academy players in there, none of the ''first team squad'' will appear. i went to it last season n also have been on the chelsea webiste n they say that they use it for young players only. shame really

[/quote] How on earth do Chelseas keep all their players happy if none of them play for the reserves?? It must mean a lot of them don''t play any games unless they are in the first team. Doesn''t strike me as the best way to keep your squad prepared. Still I suppose they''re doing ok considering... ;-)

I expect they don''t, some players are visibly annoyed with the set-up I.E. William Gallas, Wayne Bridge, Glen Johnson and I bet there''s some players who don''t mind a week or two off espically when you get 50,000 a week. Chelsea are ruining players career. Shaun Wright-Phillips, if he''d been at anywhere else he''d get first team football and he would be a cert for the England team. There are many annoyed players at Chelsea

William Gallas has played virtually every game, he is Mourinho''s most influential player apart from Makalele. Bridge broke his foot and needed replacing, and Glen Johnson is crap.

And as for SWP, did Chelsea force him to sign for them?

No.

Therefore the only person to blame for "ruining" Shaun Wright-Phillips'' career is the player himself. He could have stayed at City and had them challenging for possibly even a Champions League spot.

Having said that, his career will blossom, and he will go to the World Cup.

[quote user="Mook"]

William Gallas has played virtually every game, he is Mourinho''s most influential player apart from Makalele. Bridge broke his foot and needed replacing, and Glen Johnson is crap.

And as for SWP, did Chelsea force him to sign for them?

No.

Therefore the only person to blame for "ruining" Shaun Wright-Phillips'' career is the player himself. He could have stayed at City and had them challenging for possibly even a Champions League spot.

Having said that, his career will blossom, and he will go to the World Cup.

[/quote] Agreed but I''m sure the odd run out for the reserves wouldn''t do him any harm and it would give the management more chances to see the players in action!

Was in Aldershot on tuesday evening and watched the Arsenal V Chelsea reserves match, some of the talent on the pitch from both sides was great. Infact the worst player on the pitch was Carlton Cole, Paulo Ferreira played too.

[quote user="York_Yellow"]

Was in Aldershot on tuesday evening and watched the Arsenal V Chelsea reserves match, some of the talent on the pitch from both sides was great. Infact the worst player on the pitch was Carlton Cole, Paulo Ferreira played too.

[/quote] Clearly they do play the first team squad in the reserves then sometimes! I''ve always though Carlton Cole looked poor. I''m amazed he is still at Chelsea!

i pity the kids at Chelski.. they are never going to get a chance in the team as Abramovichs billions mean that they can buy whovever... they might aswell dispand their youth team... same with Arsenal really.. although Wenger seems more to use youth now...

Despite what u say about Man Utd they have always used kids... home grown british Youngsters who know what football in this country is all about.... Manchester united are also the most succesful British football club ever.... coincidence???? i dont think so.. the kids may not be united fans but they know they are going to be given a chance... and with the name of United comes glory....

Scholes, Neville (both), Beckham, Butt, O''Shea, Brown, Fletcher, Giggs.. going even further back, Edwards, Whiteside, and a certain Murcurial (Sp?) irishman who passed away recently... all have come through the youth ranks..

look at the team that won the European cup for united in the 60''s and also for fergie a few years back... how many of both those teams were home grown?

and even if the lad doesnt make it u know that coming from united he is going to be quality....

jas :)

I agree that it must be frustrating to be in a reserve team like Chelsea, but on the other hand, after watching the lads playing last week I can say that most of them would not look out of place in a Championship team already. The skills that they must pick up training with the first team must make it worthwhile.

A few of the lads in particular sticks in mind and would love to see them in a Yellow shirt, Nicklas Bendtner and Arturo Lupoli (Arsenal). Both the keepers were excellant. Danny Hollands and  Jimmy Smith (Chelsea).

As I stated earlier the match was a refreshing change to see players battling like mad and not going for freekicks, staying on their feet and giving 100 percent all through the match. I dont know if this is normal in a reserve match or if it being a London derby helped spur the lads on, as it was the first reserve fixture I have attended. It certainly wont be the last.....