Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile at West Brom

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

271059360_479562133531512_68846198605415

How come they got him yet we end up with Sargent and they paid half of what we did for Sargent ? 🤔

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How come they got him yet we end up with Sargent and they paid half of what we did for Sargent ? 🤔

Good business for West Brom jeezo. Half the price wow. 

Without a doubt CC its probably Billy Gilmours fault  he's gone to West Brom. 

😃🤣🤣🤣🤣🤫

Well it's a big "if" that Sargent will improve

Plus his hefty price tag means he's got one heck of a long way to go to start repaying that fee!

35 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Well it's a big "if" that Sargent will improve

Plus his hefty price tag means he's got one heck of a long way to go to start repaying that fee!

Let's be honest, he can't get any worse 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Because Sargent played 2 years of Bundesliga football whereas Dikes highest level is playing 19 games in the Championship.

Not saying we definitely have the better player, but it’s super clear why he was twice the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monty13 said:

Because Sargent played 2 years of Bundesliga football whereas Dikes highest level is playing 19 games in the Championship.

Not saying we definitely have the better player, but it’s super clear why he was twice the price.

And maybe WBA watched him play a couple of times rather than relying on a spreadsheet?..........

Well I strongly suspect that Hugill’s loan will now be terminated and we then need to decide whether it’s him or Idah to go out on loan. 

what’s the reported figure paid for Dike? Whilst it seems we have missed out here he is joining back up with a former manager and at champ level in West Brom team will inevitably get more chances and goals than scrapping with Teemu in our team which is struggling to create as many scoring opportunities 

Dike would have been a good signing, he would have given us some hope. We could have given him a Premier League opportunity, knowing that he would be a good Championship striker for next season, if it came to that. 

1 minute ago, BB said:

Dike would have been a good signing, he would have given us some hope. We could have given him a Premier League opportunity, knowing that he would be a good Championship striker for next season, if it came to that. 

Agree he would have been but from his perspective he can have another 6 months of goals in championship to get back into English football and expecting that West Brom will be there or thereabouts come end of the season and unfortunately looking likely we are heading back in the wrong direction.

wages and fee paid will also perhaps sadly be more paid by WBA than what we can do right now 

I would use Hugill, and send Idah, Tzolis, and Omobamidele out on loan for the rest of the season, to either league 1 or Championship, then plan to build next seasons squad around them.  Any players we bring in can be short term to try and rescue this season.

38 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I would use Hugill, and send Idah, Tzolis, and Omobamidele out on loan for the rest of the season, to either league 1 or Championship, then plan to build next seasons squad around them.  Any players we bring in can be short term to try and rescue this season.

Omobamidele doesn’t need a loan, he’s the only one of the three youngsters you’ve listed that’s proven they can compete at this level.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Omobamidele doesn’t need a loan, he’s the only one of the three youngsters you’ve listed that’s proven they can compete at this level.

I agree, I was meaning for his development.  If he stays he might play a quarter of the games.  On loans he would play week in week out, and it would make no difference to whether we stay up or not.

1 minute ago, Newtopia said:

I agree, I was meaning for his development.  If he stays he might play a quarter of the games.  On loans he would play week in week out, and it would make no difference to whether we stay up or not.

He’s third choice, if he wasn’t out right now he’d be playing every game. 

I think he’s at the stage where he’ll get more out of half the minutes in the PL personally against top class opponents.

Not sure what he gets out of a championship season when he’s already developed to this level, unfortunately the same can’t be said for the other two.

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s third choice, if he wasn’t out right now he’d be playing every game. 

I think he’s at the stage where he’ll get more out of half the minutes in the PL personally against top class opponents.

Not sure what he gets out of a championship season when he’s already developed to this level, unfortunately the same can’t be said for the other two.

I think AO will be sold for good money after next season when he becomes a Championship star.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think AO will be sold for good money after next season when he becomes a Championship star.

If we aren’t promoted I’d say almost certainly, I’d be surprised if clubs aren’t sniffing when we go down, he’s got all the attributes of a top player, just like Godfrey.

13 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If we aren’t promoted I’d say almost certainly, I’d be surprised if clubs aren’t sniffing when we go down, he’s got all the attributes of a top player, just like Godfrey.

Agree with this, we need to make sure he knows how important he is to us and the opportunities will be better than elsewhere 

Dike's record seems to be 1 goal in 2 games which is pretty impressive. I'd like him here with us as a Championship team but it would be a huge gamble for the Premier League.

It's a shame for Hugill as having your loan cut short is embarrassing and presumably means we now have to pay 100% of his wages. Hopefully we can offload or loan him out somewhere.