Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Barry Ferguson bursts into tears over wee Billy Gilmour

7 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Well he must be quite good to have produced the performances he has elsewhere!    The simple fact is the environment he plays in for us is difficult… he has few good options ahead of him since the full-backs are reluctant to get forward and the advanced players are not functioning at all.   We have very little movement going forward and the expectations seem overwhelming!   

All this could change with a couple of CDMs.   If this abuse carries on though, it’s a bit crap on our fans part…. Definitely not his fault but for his own welfare, seems he might be better off going back to Chelsea which from an outsiders perspective would be another embarrassment for us as a club!   

I would say you are spot on in this opinion. Yes he may well go back. But the abuse shown towards him his family and other players is OTT and as you say an embarrassment for the Club. These people are not fans. They are Morons. SCUM.

• Like 1

He is becoming a distraction like Cantwell , both need to leave this January and start the rebuild for next seasons championship campaign 

8 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

He is becoming a distraction like Cantwell , both need to leave this January and start the rebuild for next seasons championship campaign 

Agree with you...........oh no, it's becoming a habit! 🥴

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

We’re going down aren’t we Uncle Fred? 

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not buying this. Who he is playing with doesn't affect his free kicks which have been pretty poor a lot of the time. If he is that good, he would be making more difference than he is - a bit like when Emi played we had something a bit extra. Not good enough to make a difference so no reason to have him on loan.

Agree with you Lakey. There are parts of any player's game that should be unaffected by how good or bad his teammates are.

Another good example is Maddison who still shone when playing without world beaters alongside him, albeit in the Championship.

Gilmour has all the teqhnique to be a top player and I'm confident he will be in 2-3 years

I think the difference of opinion is that Norwich fans judge him on his end product, and not by his high passing success rate with sideway passes.

I looked up his stats and they may be wrong,but he has around 40 first team appearances for Norwich,Chelsea and Scotland, and has 1 assist ( I think from a corner) and no goals.

That is no use to us. 

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Not buying this. Who he is playing with doesn't affect his free kicks which have been pretty poor a lot of the time. If he is that good, he would be making more difference than he is - a bit like when Emi played we had something a bit extra. Not good enough to make a difference so no reason to have him on loan.

Maybe he shouldn’t be on set piece duty? But the fact we have a 20 year old loanee taking them just reinforces for me how poor the other more experienced options are.

It’s a team game, few players have that bit of magic to create something out of nothing like Emi. Blaming Gilmour for not being enough to drag our sorry team out of the gutter seems ridiculous to me.

Players should be playing positions in a system that minimises their weaknesses and maximise their abilities. IMO Gilmour doesn’t get that opportunity because he’s surrounded by mediocrity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s a team game, few players have that bit of magic to create something out of nothing like Emi. Blaming Gilmour for not being enough to drag our sorry team out of the gutter seems ridiculous to me.

Surely the point of loan players is to get them in because they will make a difference, not just to be a part of the team. They come to a club on loan to play, not sit on the subs bench which they could do at their home clubs, so to justify them being here, they have to be be able to make that difference.  None of the young loanees look better than anything else we've got, only Normann who is a bit more experienced looks the part. So if the only contribution of a loan player is to be mediocre, then there really is no point in them being here - better to have one of our own players get the experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Maybe he shouldn’t be on set piece duty? But the fact we have a 20 year old loanee taking them just reinforces for me how poor the other more experienced options are.

Players should be playing positions in a system that minimises their weaknesses and maximise their abilities. IMO Gilmour doesn’t get that opportunity because he’s surrounded by mediocrity.

Another level headed post. He always wants the ball. He always wants to take the responsibility.  If you take a good hard look on many occasions , there is no movement to accept the ball by many players. Hence sideways , its f### frustrating.  There is lack of awareness by many players. The only thing that can help getting him show what he can do is to bring in a true DM. 

As you say (Blaming Gilmour for not being enough to drag our sorry team out of the gutter seems ridiculous to me.) 

And it's utter bull$$t and niave. 

And this bulls### comparing what things were like in the Championship is tiring. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Surely the point of loan players is to get them in because they will make a difference, not just to be a part of the team. They come to a club on loan to play, not sit on the subs bench which they could do at their home clubs, so to justify them being here, they have to be be able to make that difference.  None of the young loanees look better than anything else we've got, only Normann who is a bit more experienced looks the part. So if the only contribution of a loan player is to be mediocre, then there really is no point in them being here - better to have one of our own players get the experience.

Well you ask your old buddie Farke. Because nobody can be naive enough to think that everthing was down to  Webber. TOGETHER they masterminded the recruitment of players. And FFS did not bring in a good DM. What were those two numptys thinking. Basic needs .

15 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Another level headed post. He always wants the ball. He always wants to take the responsibility.  If you take a good hard look on many occasions , there is no movement to accept the ball by many players. Hence sideways , its f### frustrating.  There is lack of awareness by many players. The only thing that can help getting him show what he can do is to bring in a true DM. 

As you say (Blaming Gilmour for not being enough to drag our sorry team out of the gutter seems ridiculous to me.) 

And it's utter bull$$t and niave. 

And this bulls### comparing what things were like in the Championship is tiring. 

There are things he does well. As you say he always looks for the ball and doesn’t go hiding when things aren’t going well, and his pass success rate is good.

Unfortunately that doesn’t compensate for the things he doesn’t do. He hasn’t scored, he has one assist (direct from a corner, none from open play), I can’t remember a shot of note (couple of blocks and one deflected wide), he’s given away a penalty, lost possession twice which have directly resulted goals against us. He loses his man, doesn’t track back very well, doesn’t know when to concede a foul when he’s lost his man and his passes are too often the safe option.

It didn’t help when you, along with other pundits, were bigging him up as a “baller” and “quality” because now he’s fallen short of those unrealistic expectations he’s ended up getting stick that a young guy doing his best doesn’t deserve.

LDC is spot on. He’s no better than what we have and in that case we should be giving valuable experience to our own. Three million pounds (?) in loan fees for someone who effects the game as much as McLean is just a disaster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

I agree it is the point. My issue is I don’t think it’s Gilmour’s fault he’s not making a difference. I think this team and the role he plays in no way allows him to be successful.

26 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

There are things he does well. As you say he always looks for the ball and doesn’t go hiding when things aren’t going well, and his pass success rate is good.

Unfortunately that doesn’t compensate for the things he doesn’t do. He hasn’t scored, he has one assist (direct from a corner, none from open play), I can’t remember a shot of note (couple of blocks and one deflected wide), he’s given away a penalty, lost possession twice which have directly resulted goals against us. He loses his man, doesn’t track back very well, doesn’t know when to concede a foul when he’s lost his man and his passes are too often the safe option.

It didn’t help when you, along with other pundits, were bigging him up as a “baller” and “quality” because now he’s fallen short of those unrealistic expectations he’s ended up getting stick that a young guy doing his best doesn’t deserve.

LDC is spot on. He’s no better than what we have and in that case we should be giving valuable experience to our own. Three million pounds (?) in loan fees for someone who effects the game as much as McLean is just a disaster.

So please tell me why they did not sign a DM . Why. And also signed a guy with a known history injury. And by the way it was Farke who called him a baller. With the talent we have at the moment you are correct .send him back. Norwich city are in a sorry state just now. I hope money is available. Without that 💰 money we don't move forward. My guess by some of the threads is what a big percentage would like is just to be a championship side. THIS IS a billionaires playground. Sad that football has come to that. But that's the world we live in and that's making fans expectations unlikely. Our Model does not work at this level sadly. 

Yes send Billy back because just now he is wasting his time here. It might be a learning curve for him. I don't think  his family would agree with that somehow. Given the level of moronic abuse generated by SCUM. 

• Like 1

Gilmour is still one of our better midfielders

McLean the other day said that he wishes frustration was directed at him instead for his poor displays.

..and thats the thing, if Gilmour goes back to Chelsea, McLean is even more of a permenant, seemingly undroppable fixture in our midfield 😣

43 minutes ago, Mengo said:

44 minutes ago, Mengo said:

So please tell me why they did not sign a DM . Why. And also signed a guy with a known history injury. And by the way it was Farke who called him a baller. With the talent we have at the moment you are correct .send him back. Norwich city are in a sorry state just now. I hope money is available. Without that 💰 money we don't move forward. My guess by some of the threads is what a big percentage would like is just to be a championship side. THIS IS a billionaires playground. Sad that football has come to that. But that's the world we live in and that's making fans expectations unlikely. Our Model does not work at this level sadly. 

Yes send Billy back because just now he is wasting his time here. It might be a learning curve for him. I don't think  his family would agree with that somehow. Given the level of moronic abuse generated by SCUM. 

I don’t think we disagree with each other that much to be honest. Who could argue that we should have bought a DM? Had we done so, Billy with a fit Normann both further up the field, would feel a lot better. Unfortunately we seem to have wasted the little money we were able to generate, and not just on Gilmore. I’m afraid he is bearing the brunt of the frustration that’s around at the moment, which is of course grossly unfair, but like most I’m much more frustrated about NCFC’s lost opportunity than Billy Gilmore’s.

It won't be sitting well with Mr Webber. Attracting & developing young talent and giving them a chance is one of the pillars of the "model." Hardly surprising I suppose it's not quite enough at this level. 

It's hard to 'ignore the noise' when there are no goals being scored and no points going on the board.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agree with you Lakey. There are parts of any player's game that should be unaffected by how good or bad his teammates are.

Another good example is Maddison who still shone when playing without world beaters alongside him, albeit in the Championship.

Maddison is the perfect comparison for the Chelsea whizkid!

Maddison was outstanding for Norwich in Farkes first season in 2017/18 when the team finished in 14th, even below Ip sh ite and were very disjointed. In fact I've said a few times before, take Maddison out of that side that season and I think we would have struggled to stay up given the total reliance on him for goals and assists.

Yes Maddison done it in a poorer Division but he done it in a team maybe a little bit poorer than the current lot but produced plenty of end product which Gilmore hasn't!

Edited by kingsway

49 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I don’t think we disagree with each other that much to be honest. Who could argue that we should have bought a DM? Had we done so, Billy with a fit Normann both further up the field, would feel a lot better. Unfortunately we seem to have wasted the little money we were able to generate, and not just on Gilmore. I’m afraid he is bearing the brunt of the frustration that’s around at the moment, which is of course grossly unfair, but like most I’m much more frustrated about NCFC’s lost opportunity than Billy Gilmore’s.

Agree. We both want the same things and the ultimate aim is to make NCFC competitive that's all. Its a very frustrating time all round. Not everthing can be perfect it never will be. I hope all will be resolved soon . Billy himself wants Norwich to be winners .he's a very level headed young guy who just wants to try and help but the hype and the expectations are massive and to be honest I think he should be called back. We will see what happens. Welcome to 2022. Happy New Year.

• Like 1

So we're playing like dross in a seemingly rudderless ship and you're blaming it on a 20 year old kid? He's obviously talented but playing out of position and doesn't have Normann next to him. You really are quite simple. I believe most people on here to live in a cave and eat coal...you'd probably like Tony Pullis to have replaced Farke. 

Edited by spencer 1970

I remember watching Harry Kane play for us. He looked like he could be a useful footballer, but had zero self belief and so as a premier league striker in that year was no use at all to us, he was simply poor at finishing. I imagine Hughton was told by his mates at Spurs that Kane was something a bit special, but as a loan signing he was a waste of time for us.

With Gilmour I’ve seen no sign of him having the ability to make it successfully at Premier league level. Defensively he’s poor, but with the ball he’s also poor, giving us nothing creatively in open play or at set pieces. He has a high pass completion % but so did Tettey for the same reason- he was normally making an easy sideways or backwards pass to a colleague who is open.

I think Gilmour is getting flak because this season we need a creative flair player. It would be a tough ask for anyone to replace what Buendia gave the team, but we need someone who can provide service to Pukki and create chances. I remember last time in the Prem Buendia was up at the top of the assists chart.  I was expecting/hoping Gilmour would give us a creative dimension, otherwise he’s a waste of space on the pitch and we’d be better off giving the game time to someone who’ll be with us next season.

9 hours ago, Mengo said:

We will see what happens. Welcome to 2022. Happy New Year.

Cheers Mengo and the same to you and yours too. One thing is for certain there’s always something happening for us Norwich supporters, one way or the other! 🙃

Sunday Times……”annoying fans” …..clearly reads the pinkun😁

36252D5D-3332-4DDC-AD03-07A67C980071.png

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Sunday Times……”annoying fans” …..clearly reads the pinkun😁

36252D5D-3332-4DDC-AD03-07A67C980071.png

I’m actually pleased we are provoking this reaction from these idiot journalists.

18 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’m actually pleased we are provoking this reaction from these idiot journalists.

I don’t like some of the way she’s framed her argument, but read it all, it’s hard to argue against most of what she’s saying about us this season, you see the same complaints all over this board. 

I wonder how many times she has watched Gilmour play a full game for us and not skimmed through just the highlights.

We are not "annoying fans".

We are just normal football fans and we are pretty much like fans of every other club up & down the Country.

We have had some great players here over the last few years so we definitely know one when we see one.

The vast majority of Norwich fans would not include Gilmour on that list.

Dear Alyson, we cannot all be wrong so where is your proof that makes you think he is better than he actually is?

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t like some of the way she’s framed her argument, but read it all, it’s hard to argue against most of what she’s saying about us this season, you see the same complaints all over this board. 

Indeed. We have lost our way this season, for varying reasons. But she is wrong about Gilmour. Why should we have a loan player in the team who is not making a difference?  Especially one who has so much hype around him. He either has to do better, or there is no point in him being here.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed. We have lost our way this season, for varying reasons. But she is wrong about Gilmour. Why should we have a loan player in the team who is not making a difference?  Especially one who has so much hype around him. He either has to do better, or there is no point in him being here.

She’s not wrong that chanting “f*ck off back to Chelsea” is really past the point of acceptable. 
Not only would I not blame Gilmour if he never wanted to play for us again, what message does this send to future loan players? Is the next Skipp going to see us as the place to go?

44 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

“Norwich are proving highly annoying this season”

says it all, she should get a proper job.

Said it a thousand times wee billy is a very unwelcome distraction. 

It only gets this reaction because he comes from one of the media's club that they simply must brown nose for being the "elite"  

If this was, I dunno......MK dons telling martin to **** off back to Norwich or a champs club chanting to someone on loan from wolves or Newcastle no one would know, care or comment 🤷 

Anywho.... Has wee billy been sent back yet? It's the 2nd of Jan today so we've already waited too long!

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

10 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Said it a thousand times wee billy is a very unwelcome distraction. 

It only gets this reaction because he comes from one of the media's club that they simply must brown nose for being the "elite"  

If this was, I dunno......MK dons telling martin to **** off back to Norwich or a champs club chanting to someone on loan from wolves or Newcastle no one would know, care or comment 🤷 

Anywho.... Has wee billy been sent back yet? It's the 2nd of Jan today so we've already waited too long!

Chelsea fans are proper thin skinned as well. A 5 second clip in a 90 minute game was more than enough to dine out on clicks for this whole week. This is what this league is all about, cash generation for these side project hanger ons. We don’t do anything for them. We can’t help them generate clicks or flog stuff. We are an inconvenience. F@&k this league.

• Like 1