Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

2 chaps arguing with us protestors on carrow road

after the game today... one had glasses.. looked a bit like Tim sheppard actually... Lol!

all they could do was dwell in the past.. say things like "who signed Ashton" etc.. and "who took us up"

well done fellas! Ken Brownj won us the league cup in 1985.. does that make him a top manager who is worthy of still managing us...

and as for the chap who said Worthys the best manager this club has ever had.. Dont make me laugh mate!!!!! we have had loads better than him over the years.. but as you have probably only been a fan for 5 of them you wouldnt know would you?

We made some noise after the game.. ok there were only 8 of us.. people were walking past laughing.. but funny how those laughing were there Tuesday night and Vs the scum wasnt it??????

Worthington out!

jas :)

You guys dont seem to appreciate how fickle a sport football is. It wasnt long ago that Worthington was "manager of the month" based on a few good games. A few bad games, and people are calling for his head. Personally? I dont see anything in his playing or managerial career to indicate he''s much of anything. You used to play football? Thats nice, we need to win games, thanks.

Part of that fickle attitude, and something I''ve brought up before; is the blame culture of English football. SOMEONE must be to blame. If there cant be a single player''s mistake that we can focus on, over analyse, and over criticse; then by default we revert back to the manager. Thats why we have the sickening display of the English WC manager''s job being the most scrutinised after the PM. Sometimes I fear for this country and its culture. Most of the time, really...

The physical protests have been very peacefully arranged and any aggression comes from those against the protests in nothing other than abusive form, physical intimidation, in face shouting or destroying property.

Both sides have their view but no one gains the upper hand by agression and abuse.

interesting aside,negative posters hitting nearly 1000 posts

posative poster just out of teens,perhaps we just like to winge?one thing is for sure the atmosphear off the pitch has a direct affect to what happens on it,our cup might just be half full ,keep it real

Whilst its very good if you keep winning games week in week out there are 23 other teams trying to do the same thing. Worthy in all probability is not the best manager we have had on the flip side nor is he the worst , a month or 2 ago evrtyone was saying we should get Burley in He''s doing no better for southhampton with more resources (them being in the prem for the last 10+ years) than Worthy''s doing for us

It seems to me there are some but only a minority on this board who keep posting doom & gloom for the sake of posting you know who you are.

Stick with it i say Worthy will turn the corner and be a better manager for it. Yesterday we were 11 pts off today we are 9 pts off

still a long way to go.

I myself always thought that this would be a rebuilding season after we changed so many players in the summer

Anyway i am off to my Bunker now and will don my Tin hat ready for the flak from the usual suspects how dare i be positive[um]

chipster - your stats are interesting, and I get sick of the phoney negativity. And you''re right about what happens off the pitch affecting what happens on it, but I think that what happened off the pitch on Tuesday (the Wall of Silence) may have had a good effect on some of the players yesterday. But the thing is, the underlying problem still remains - we don''t play quality football, and haven''t done for about ten years. Worthy will always be a significant part of the Club''s history, and results improved under his management (from a low base) and we had some great moments for which he deserves credit, but if we want to get back to being an established top-flight club, we need big improvements all the way through the footballing aspects of the Club. We may win 4 or 5, or 10, games on the spin, but that problem will remain. That''s my version of keeping it real.

Standing at the main entrance to the City Stand, waiting for the buggy (yes, it comes to us all!), I have been struck by how peaceful and good-humoured the protests have been.  There is surely something to worry about in Worthy''s time at the helm, some of his purchases, his ''grind it out'' philosophy, treatment of the talented such as McVeigh, etc.  To describe him as the best manager the Club has ever had is going it a bit, do people really see him as another O''Neill?  What unites us all is pleasure at seeing the team win, what we differ about is the method.  Anyway, there''s a place for protest sometimes.

i think worthy is worthy of staying for the rest of the season.

i wouldnt complain if he stayed for another 5 seasons.

he knows the players inside-out, better than any other manager does. he is the one to take us forward.

your right Zipper... if it wasnt for the police yesterday things might of turned a bit nasty...

all the 2 chaps could do was slag us off and get in our faces...

when we had the protest vs Sheffield Wednesday however.. one chap wanted to offer his opinions in defence of Worthy... we welcomed him and took his opinions on board.. and offered ours why were were protesting... he wasnt ranting and raving in our faces and was very friendly towards us.... why cant everyone be like that?? KTF and WO????

jas :)