Sign in to follow this  
earnie9

Is Jarrett & Robinson Really Worse Than Hughes & Etuhu ???

I have to say i''ve seen all four of these in a city shirt and i believe Jarrett to show more ability and potential ! The fact that Jarrett was a bosman free and Robinson cost us £50k and the other two cost a £1m combined is a little worrying ! But Worthington seems to believe that Hughes & Etuhu are better ! STRANGE ! What do you all believe ???

If you look back a couple of pages you will see I started a post asking for Jarrett to be given a chance yesterday. I believe he (other than Safri of course) is the one midfielder who has shown he can pass the ball around and break from midfield to shoot. I would like to see him given a proper run in the team with Safri. Jarrett is definitely better than Hughes. I think Etuhu is talented but we hardly ever see any sign of it!! Robinson hasn''t been given a proper run either. He is a useful player but needs a decent run in the side. Lets try Jarrett or Robinson with Safri and stick with it for a good few games. Chopping and changing the midfield constantly is not going to help!

Wow - Jarret, Robinson, Hughs and Etuhu!! seeing all four names on the same page kind of makes you shudder! especially when they all play in the same department, it doesn''t take a rocket scientist to work out why our midfield gets rollered every game does it ?

[quote user="earnie9"]

I have to say i''ve seen all four of these in a city shirt and i believe Jarrett to show more ability and potential ! The fact that Jarrett was a bosman free and Robinson cost us £50k and the other two cost a £1m combined is a little worrying ! But Worthington seems to believe that Hughes & Etuhu are better ! STRANGE ! What do you all believe ???

[/quote]

I don''t think you can put a price on players like you used to be able to, especially with the bosman in place and saleries commanding a players choice of club.

You see big players move on a free transfer all of the time and then see nobodies go for double what the are worth. Thats the market, it''s not realistic to a players ability. It''s just business.

Once again it shows that Worthy sees something in players that the majority of supporters don''t agree with.  Hughes is an ideal Worthy player because he just runs around all the time and it must look great from Worthy''s dugout position.  Etuhu is very similar to Gary Holt in that he never picks up any runners and always signals for others to pick them up, coupled with that, he very rarely tackles a player and basically just runs around aimlessly.  Robinson and Jarrett do have a bit more to their game, but if it is true that he has fallen out with Worthy then he has no chance of getting in the team again.

[quote user="silver fox"]Once again it shows that Worthy sees something in players that the majority of supporters don''t agree with.  Hughes is an ideal Worthy player because he just runs around all the time and it must look great from Worthy''s dugout position.  Etuhu is very similar to Gary Holt in that he never picks up any runners and always signals for others to pick them up, coupled with that, he very rarely tackles a player and basically just runs around aimlessly.  Robinson and Jarrett do have a bit more to their game, but if it is true that he has fallen out with Worthy then he has no chance of getting in the team again.[/quote] That''s very harsh on Holt comparing him with Etuhu. Holt put in tons of effort and was very apparent during the game. Ok he looked out of place in the prem but he was instrumental in our promtion season. Etuhu just looks like he can''t be bothered and doesn''t run that much either!