cambridgeshire canary

Mclean wants you to SHUT UP about Gilmour

If the fans wish to vent their spleen at the next game how about aiming their anger and frustration at the one man who has been woefully exposed as not being up to it this season ( and not for the first time in the PL ) ........Stuart Webber.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You dont strike me as the kind of fella to milk it - so id take what you can get! 

Stay safe and a happy new year to you, and Mrs KGD too. 

Cheers mate and the same to you. Live long and prosper

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Did you read what he said? He literally said he'd prefer fans ripping into him than Gilmour.

He acknowledged he and the rest hadn't been good enough.

McLean isn't the problem. The problem is no one we have signed have been good enough to regularly replace him in the team. That's according to two sets of managers and coaches, the latter very experienced especially with Shakespeare. 

yes i did read it but it is easy to say do not pick on billy pick on me when the fans are not turning on Mclean ( as much )

i bet Mclean would not like it if he was getting the same abuse 

i do think the root of it all is Gilmour can play a lot better we all watch him for scotland and saw him and chelsea and the hype and we expect better and hope he brings that game here 

Mclean on the other hand we knoe he has no more to give so do not expect as much 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Kenny should be happy as larry. He's at the only club in the country thay would give him 2 seasons of Premier League football.

Absolutely. Literally stealing a living.

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Gilmour hasn't been as bad as some made out but neither has McLean. In fact McLean has never been as bad as some have made out. Its why an experienced manager and coaching team for the second consecutive time are picking him.

I was assured by some on here that would only last a game or two.

Neither have shown enough to compete this season. In reality we need different and better players in those positions. But they are the best we have available right now and that's not their fault.

I'm struggling to get my head around this post. They haven't been that bad, but they aren't good enough?

The midfield has been out weakness all season and McLean has been picked more than anyone else. It's fair to say that none of our midfield have been much good, apart from Rupp maybe. They've all made numerous mistakes which have (directly or indirectly) led to goals conceded.

The mistakes are nothing to do with ability with the ball. They're either positional errors or simple failure to track someone. I find Gilmour particularly infuriating in this regard because he consistently leaves huge gaps behind him and never recovers once someone gets goal side of him, but McLean is not massively better.

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes i did read it but it is easy to say do not pick on billy pick on me when the fans are not turning on Mclean ( as much )

i bet Mclean would not like it if he was getting the same abuse 

i do think the root of it all is Gilmour can play a lot better we all watch him for scotland and saw him and chelsea and the hype and we expect better and hope he brings that game here 

Mclean on the other hand we knoe he has no more to give so do not expect as much 

McLean has been the subject of regular criticism on here and other social media, I dou t hes completely unaware of it. He gets the abuse regardless of his performance sometimes,  because some decided to start and therefore persevere regardless.

9 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm struggling to get my head around this post. They haven't been that bad, but they aren't good enough?

The midfield has been out weakness all season and McLean has been picked more than anyone else. It's fair to say that none of our midfield have been much good, apart from Rupp maybe. They've all made numerous mistakes which have (directly or indirectly) led to goals conceded.

The mistakes are nothing to do with ability with the ball. They're either positional errors or simple failure to track someone. I find Gilmour particularly infuriating in this regard because he consistently leaves huge gaps behind him and never recovers once someone gets goal side of him, but McLean is not massively better.

They’ve not been as bad as some have made out,  is what I said. Which I stick by - I don't see how we benefit from Gilmour "f*cking back to Chelsea" 

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Did you read what he said? He literally said he'd prefer fans ripping into him than Gilmour.

He acknowledged he and the rest hadn't been good enough.

McLean isn't the problem. The problem is no one we have signed have been good enough to regularly replace him in the team. That's according to two sets of managers and coaches, the latter very experienced especially with Shakespeare. 

Exactly, the problem is that Webber spent £60m in the summer and yet this team/squad isn't as good as last year's Championship team and people are expecting them to be competitive in the Premiership.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Kenny is right, but he's utterly, utterly useless himself and Gilmour would have a much better chance of performing playing next to someone who had at least some ability. No doubt Gilmour is a much better player than McLean. 

100% correct

10 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

At this level with that defence, I'm not so sure. Last season, we were so superior, Skipp stayed at home and covered with Hanley and Gibson while the rest played in the opposition half.

This season, they are not so keen to get forward as the defence is more suspect at this level so consequently we are playing in our half.

But I get what you mean. Alex never panicked. And he was quite happy to foul.

No EMI is the answer to this

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Kenny should be happy as larry. He's at the only club in the country thay would give him 2 seasons of Premier League football.

100%

When I first saw Kenny at carrow road I thought he was useless, then he got pissed and put mayors hat on. Happy clapper fans (hogesar) thought that made him a good player, bless them. But the here and now, Gilmour has disappointed me, but with Farke not having a premiership clue and the players around him except Normann in midfield being **** poor it’s no surprise he has failed to impress.

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

They’ve not been as bad as some have made out,  is what I said. Which I stick by - I don't see how we benefit from Gilmour "f*cking back to Chelsea" 

Regardless of how politely (or not) you phrase it, I think Gilmour's presence in the team has been massively detrimental to our survival hopes. We have nothing to gain by playing him; we're just giving him more opportunities to learn from his mistakes so that he'll be a better player in the future. I would be more than happy if the loan was terminated.

We need to be planning for the Championship next season so we should be looking to build a solid team (of our own players) to learn how to play together with a cohesive philosophy. It's time to ditch the loanees and journeymen. We'd be better off giving the opportunity to our own youth players. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

Regardless of how politely (or not) you phrase it, I think Gilmour's presence in the team has been massively detrimental to our survival hopes. We have nothing to gain by playing him; we're just giving him more opportunities to learn from his mistakes so that he'll be a better player in the future. I would be more than happy if the loan was terminated.

We need to be planning for the Championship next season so we should be looking to build a solid team (of our own players) to learn how to play together with a cohesive philosophy. It's time to ditch the loanees and journeymen. We'd be better off giving the opportunity to our own youth players. 

i Agree unless a Loan Player is Playing really well not much point having him , i would prefer us signing a player or maybe blooding a youth player for that role and get him used to playing there instead of blooding a youngster from another club that is not performing 

• Like 1

No its certainly not nice the abuse Gilmours getting but this is caused by all the hype hes had and Norwich fans now enduring the 2nd top flight season in a row of out of their depth dross.

I'll always respect Mclean cause he always gives it his all but he is the epitome of all that wrong with us in the top flight. hes not good enough and the same goes for the Chelsea whizkid!

Like others have said the man who has scouted these players and has his hands at the controls in the last two Premier League campaigns is Webber. He should be getting the venom of the terracing more than the players.