cambridgeshire canary

Mclean wants you to SHUT UP about Gilmour

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Next time please include ”And take McLean with you” 😉

To honest I didn’t like that, I can understand the fans frustration and with the media hype of Gilmour doesn’t actual help the lad either.

Hopefully he’ll knuckle down and put in some decent performances if Normann gets back soon to shore up the midfield. Feel sorry for the lad having to play alongside McLean and Lees. Both very average players.

Edited by Indy

Its a fair point , I dont see any of our players not trying some are individually not to PL standard and as a collective we are falling well short. - does that mean we should insult players?

Ive no issues with people expressing opinions, -  even ones I don't share- or constructive criticisms and as a pro footballer you should be able to accept these - if not dont read them. - but you shouldnt be subject to abusive personal attacks. IMO.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

And he’s right. No doubt he’ll get hammered on here for it by the usual suspects.

He is spot on. 

• Like 1

Its the hype that surrounds the player that is the problem - hype that he is not living up to. Skipp came from Spurs, along with some hype and he delivered from day one - so these types of loan can work,  but the combination of a diminutive player, not making much difference on the pitch, all hyped up from one performance in the euros and from a club like Chelsea, all make it a bit unpalatable.

• Like 1

Kenny is right, but he's utterly, utterly useless himself and Gilmour would have a much better chance of performing playing next to someone who had at least some ability. No doubt Gilmour is a much better player than McLean. 

• Like 3

I love how we’re the bad guys for expressing any sort of displeasure in their performance.

If you played for anyone else mate the fanbase would have buried you UNDER the stadium for your performances. We’ve let you off easy. Was it 14 goals with no reply? 8 hours since we scored a goal?

It embarrassing Kenny, stop crying and do something about it or, alternatively, do one.

• Like 2

None of the team have been performing well so it’s unfair to single out one player , it’s a team game one player does not make a team and one player does not break a team they need to start to gel , problem is at the moment that is impossible due to covid and injuries 

The truth is that rather than being cr4p, he's just average (at the moment) and not the player the media paint him to be. The vitriol against him is just misdirected disappointment that he isn't the messiah. The rest of our core without Normann is way under par and bg is not the one to pick up the slack. I wonder if olly skipp had had his first team experience with us in the PL, in this midfield, rather than in the champs whether he'd have struggled too. 

What did you expect him to say? Gilmour is siht and I have to cover for him every single game.

I find it barely believable that some people do not accept that it is quite fair to criticise any player. No, nothing personal of course, that is totally out of order, but you're not fit to wear the shirt is perfectly acceptable. Its an indicator of how the fans are feeling. There would probably be an acceptance against ManC.

But Palace who looked pretty dire themselves?

Good job we didn't have some of these passive supporters attitudes in 1939.

• Like 1

I can't help but think that Uncle Kenny telling people to shut up about wee Billy Gilly will have exactly the opposite effect.

Apples 

22 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Shut up Kenny, you’re crap too.

Thats the spirit! 

keep it up Bore! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Thats the spirit! 

keep it up Bore! 

But he’s right! 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Who Kenny or Bore? 

Both! It’s unacceptable by the fans, but Kenny been so crap it hasn’t helped Gilmour! Last game all he did was wave his arms round like Naismith used to do, not much impact in the game……actually might just be a Scottish thing to play crap but wave your arms about!👍🤔😂

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Both! It’s unacceptable by the fans, but Kenny been so crap it hasn’t helped Gilmour! Last game all he did was wave his arms round like Naismith used to do, not much impact in the game……actually might just be a Scottish thing to play crap but wave your arms about!👍🤔😂

Now I know where @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man got the name from.

And one particularly amusing example can be found here at the 0:58 mark.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Haha 1

Actually if I single anyone out it's Kenny himself!  Jack of all trades, nowhere near a master of any.  Get some experts in Dean.

• Like 1

I don’t think Gilmour is the only one who’s been singled out. Toddwell has had fair criticism as has Kenny himself, Hanley, Gibson. Actually apart from Krul, Pukki, Normann and Max I don’t think there’s a first teamer that hasn’t had ‘feedback’ on their performance this season.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Fairs. 

The irony of a player getting criticism when asking fans not to criticize another player is astonishing.  

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

I don’t think Gilmour is the only one who’s been singled out. Toddwell has had fair criticism as has Kenny himself, Hanley, Gibson. Actually apart from Krul, Pukki, Normann and Max I don’t think there’s a first teamer that hasn’t had ‘feedback’ on their performance this season.

Would add Omo to that list, and to a lesser extent Placheta and Sörensen.

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

I think that would be quite standard for a team rooted to the bottom of the league like we are. Hardly going to have a team on players turning in an outstanding performance, match after match.

Just some effort, and a bit of fight would be nice though

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

actually might just be a Scottish thing to play crap but wave your arms about!

There is a trend...Fozzy, Peter Grant, Ian Murray, Stephen Hughes, Alan Gow, Stevie Smith. 🤣

Apples

• Like 1

I’ll put forward an apparently controversial opinion…I don’t think he’s been that bad.

Gets tackles in, the occasional sublime crossfield or outside of the boot pass. His influence is just so minimal to what was expected.

However not his fault he’s being asked to do a job he clearly isn’t physically up to, in a failing team surrounded by championship quality players.

I’m not sure what people expect? On balance for me he’s been no worse than the majority. He’s also clearly now as devoid of confidence as the rest of them.

The amount of Norwich supporters who seem absolutely gleeful at the fact he’s failing here as opposed to putting his performances in context of the bigger Norwich picture should surprise me, but it doesn’t.

Seems to be mainly a reaction to Chelsea fans and clueless pundits but then he takes the brunt of it, seems dumb to me. Ok he’s not been great, but literally no Norwich player has had a good season so far.

Reminds me of Harry Kane, but an elongated version. I was at the West Ham game and couldn’t believe how quickly he started getting grief from the crowd after a few errors, even though to me it looked like there was a decent player there. Not saying Gilmour has that level of talent, we certainly aren’t seeing it, but you never know.

• Like 3

If the club and players think that “operation - blame the fans” is going to work they’ve got another thing coming.

Theres a distinct whiff of “damage control” based on the fact THEY have epically failed in this league. If you weren’t that good or failed to win games whatever but you just don’t care, like, at all. The displays of attitude and lack of effort is shocking. It’s actually incredibly hard for you to play this badly. It’s as if you are going out of your way to play badly at this point.

I don’t want to play the “how much are you payed” card but you need to have a look at yourself. 

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

If the club and players think that “operation - blame the fans” is going to work they’ve got another thing coming.

Theres a distinct whiff of “damage control” based on the fact THEY have epically failed in this league. If you weren’t that good or failed to win games whatever but you just don’t care, like, at all. The displays of attitude and lack of effort is shocking. It’s actually incredibly hard for you to play this badly. It’s as if you are going out of your way to play badly at this point.

I don’t want to play the “how much are you payed” card but you need to have a look at yourself. 

Paid! 

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I’ll put forward an apparently controversial opinion…I don’t think he’s been that bad.

Gets tackles in, the occasional sublime crossfield or outside of the boot pass. His influence is just so minimal to what was expected.

However not his fault he’s being asked to do a job he clearly isn’t physically up to, in a failing team surrounded by championship quality players.

I’m not sure what people expect? On balance for me he’s been no worse than the majority. He’s also clearly now as devoid of confidence as the rest of them.

The amount of Norwich supporters who seem absolutely gleeful at the fact he’s failing here as opposed to putting his performances in context of the bigger Norwich picture should surprise me, but it doesn’t.

Seems to be mainly a reaction to Chelsea fans and clueless pundits but then he takes the brunt of it, seems dumb to me. Ok he’s not been great, but literally no Norwich player has had a good season so far.

Reminds me of Harry Kane, but an elongated version. I was at the West Ham game and couldn’t believe how quickly he started getting grief from the crowd after a few errors, even though to me it looked like there was a decent player there. Not saying Gilmour has that level of talent, we certainly aren’t seeing it, but you never know.

I agree I don't think he is as bad as some make out. Trouble is, so many are comparing him to Skipp. But of course Ollie was fantastic in the Championship with a team on the front foot and attacking. Gilmour is on the back foot with a team in disarray.

But each to their own and we all see things differently. As a defender when I played, I generally look to them first. So that is why I voted for Ollie as POTS rather than Emi. Ollie made it a hell of a lot easier for Hanley and Gibson last season. But how is Gilmour supposed to cope when the wide midfield players don't always cover the full backs? He gets pulled out of position. And then he looks as if he is just running around.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

As a defender when I played

Have you still got your boots KGD?