cambridgeshire canary

Is Max Aarons already gone?

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-transfer-rumours-right-back-being-monitored-8591862

Very much seems like one of our transfers given it would be free and all (what else did you expect?) but this would seem to hint at Aarons going. There I was hoping Mumba would make the step up to be our new number one right back given how he's always looked class whenever he has played, but then again given Byrams record I'm sure bringing in another right back for free might be a decent idea I suppose

27 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

Aarons going will only be good, IF we invest the vast amount paid for Max, very wisely. 

Agreed but do you trust Webber and his recruitment team with the money because i certainly don't ?

• Like 4

Doesn't say much for Mumba and Byram then. That said, Mumba is a genuine wildcard in that guessing where he's going to end up position-wise is a lottery. We do need a bit more height and strength across the board, so a six-foot full back will be useful.

Also, if we do get this chap in, it's a Bosman. However I'd be red-flagging the fact he fell out of favour after Barnsley got promoted and had their excellent season under Ismael. If he'd been a regular part of that team, I would have been more enthusiastic, although I'm always impressed with the idea of selling a good player for good money and getting someone of similar ability in on a free or for far less. We've got form for doing that at full-back with Jamal Lewis and Dimitris Giannoulis.

Edited by TheGunnShow

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Doesn't say much for Mumba and Byram then. That said, Mumba is a genuine wildcard in that guessing where he's going to end up position-wise is a lottery. We do need a bit more height and strength across the board, so a six-foot full back will be useful.

Also, if we do get this chap in, it's a Bosman. However I'd be red-flagging the fact he fell out of favour after Barnsley got promoted and had their excellent season under Ismael. If he'd been a regular part of that team, I would have been more enthusiastic, although I'm always impressed with the idea of selling a good player for good money and getting someone of similar ability in on a free or for far less. We've got form for doing that at full-back with Jamal Lewis and Dimitris Giannoulis.

Dimitri Cavare  does seem to be much more of a static rightback rather than the 'fullback speeding up the wings' type we try and play with,which is rather interesting. Maybe a hint at a change of tactics prehaps?

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Dimitri Cavare  does seem to be much more of a static rightback rather than the 'fullback speeding up the wings' type we try and play with,which is rather interesting. Maybe a hint at a change of tactics prehaps?

Or really frees up Giannoulis as a more static right-back means we're practically playing three at the back and Giannoulis can push on with a bit more abandon, especially if we finally get a Tettey replacement. Or finally let Sörensen play there.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Agreed but do you trust Webber and his recruitment team with the money because i certainly don't ?

The hope is that he listens to what Smith needs, i guess?

Webber believed in his own ability to uncover gems at cut price and has had quite a slap in the face, my concern now is that if he changes tack and aims for more proven quality that its a much harder task to bring someone in with our current predicament.

Smith feels the squad is bloated already so very tough situation.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think Aaron’s and Cantwell have been sold already. Hence absent. 

Let's hope so, we can do without them

4 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

Aarons going will only be good, IF we invest the vast amount paid for Max, very wisely. 

double-your-money contract extensions for our summer signings.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

According to Transfermarkt he can also play left back and right midfield, and at 6ft 1 could be a stand in CB as well 😉

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

According to Transfermarkt he can also play left back and right midfield, and at 6ft 1 could be a stand in CB as well 😉

We had all this before with Amadou. From memory, the boy was played only once in his 'proper' position and that was for 45 minutes at Southampton whereupon Lord Farke had seen enough and withdrew him. Quality recruitment back in 2019 it seems.

I want a 'right back' who is a real 'right back'. Forget all this drivel about ..........'can also play here and by the way can also play there'. Invariably such players end up being 'Jacks' and not 'Masters' of their trade. Will we ever learn!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

We had all this before with Amadou. From memory, the boy was played only once in his 'proper' position and that was for 45 minutes at Southampton whereupon Lord Farke had seen enough and withdrew him. Quality recruitment back in 2019 it seems.

I want a 'right back' who is a real 'right back'. Forget all this drivel about ..........'can also play here and by the way can also play there'. Invariably such players end up being 'Jacks' and not 'Masters' of their trade. Will we ever learn!!!

Agree that a more traditional right-back would be a nice tool to have with our squad at this point in time, but at the same time, focusing on versatility also meant we ended up with Sörensen and Mumba. Both have produced excellent performances in positions they weren't really expected to as they have a more wide-ranging set of fundamentals.

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Aarons is off to Atletico to replace Kieran Trippier.

That makes sense, have you seen something or assuming?

I may be missing something . This player did ok in league 1 . “Fell out of favour” at Barnsley , got sold to a Swiss club. And now someone thinks he would be good enough for a prem side ? 

I doubt it . 

8 hours ago, Green Canary said:

Folk here seem happy with Aarons going. Wow, that is staggering.

Not really. He's not pulled up any trees for the last 18 months. He had a £30 million price tag not so long ago, we'd be lucky to get half that now. With Byram and Mumba, £15 million to spend on a decent midfielder would still represent a good move.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

22 hours ago, Green Canary said:

Aarons, cantwell, pukki, plus loan players gone. We are left with unproven kids and journeymen. It will be a long time coming back, enjoy this season, because it’s back to NCFC of the nineties. X

On 31/12/2021 at 01:22, Green Canary said:

Players come, players go. 

What matters is whether we need Aarons which I don't see any evidence that we do. He's a good player and it's been a pleasure to watch him at times, but he isn't adding a lot to the side because we simply cannot get the best out of him. 

Better for him and for us that he goes to a club that can. Whilst we have to pray that Webber has a stroke of genius and finds us two players who can save our season.

On 31/12/2021 at 09:14, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Not really. He's not pulled up any trees for the last 18 months. He had a £30 million price tag not so long ago, we'd be lucky to get half that now. With Byram and Mumba, £15 million to spend on a decent midfielder would still represent a good move.

I realise I will get dogs abuse,but I really have never really thought Aarons is as good as the majority on here believe.There,said it.

On 31/12/2021 at 00:22, Green Canary said:

Selling Aarons is only chance of having a transfer budget. 

20 hours ago, simmo_2 said:

Aarons, cantwell, pukki, plus loan players gone. We are left with unproven kids and journeymen. It will be a long time coming back, enjoy this season, because it’s back to NCFC of the nineties. X

I don’t think it’s possible to enjoy this season. With all due respect, it is xxxx.