Sign in to follow this  
Overrated, over paid

Are the majority of football fans actually stupid?

14 minutes ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

You seem smart.

No, Teemu, I am not his dad. Not related at  all in fact. I’m not even from Norfolk at all, which you could have worked out from my profile name. 

He is however my favourite player at the club and seeing as he’s been taking an awful amount of abuse this season, I naturally defend him. As simple as that. No conspiracy theories or whacky agendas behind this, sorry to dissappoint.

OK, well him leaving should make it easy for you to pick your next little Armchair team shouldn't it. 

I'm a Norwich fan, and I see a player being paid wages by a self-funded club but not having the decency to keep himself fit enough to help out in that clubs relegation battle. What respect is he owed in return?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

14 hours ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Anyone? Anyone?

There is no reason.

Hope.

Take the Man United game for example, that showed we can compete. So it’s not like we’ve never shown potential. 

That’s what’s so annoying. If we were a team of under 12s then you can’t get upset when we are demolished. We should (and still can) be so much better. 

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Am I just stupid?

Its a question ive asked myself many times when i got home from CR.

After nearly seventy years of it I'm  still no nearer an answer.

No Ricardo ....you're most definitely not 😀

.......and when all the Johnny-come-latelys who have miraculously appeared on here,as if guided by the Star of Bethlehem to espouse their (lack of)wisdom,ever come close to attaining your loyalty(and stamina) then they'll probably reach the same conclusion as your good self 😊

Respect 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, C.I.D said:

No Ricardo ....you're most definitely not 😀

.......and when all the Johnny-come-latelys who have miraculously appeared on here,as if guided by the Star of Bethlehem to espouse their (lack of)wisdom,ever come close to attaining your loyalty(and stamina) then they'll probably reach the same conclusion as your good self 😊

Respect 😎

Ricardo  is a legend on these boards and I have, for years enjoyed his post-match write ups - Respect indeed! On a side note, loyalty can hide a lot of things, including stupidity.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Ricardo  is a legend on these boards and I have, for years enjoyed his post-match write ups - Respect indeed! On a side note, loyalty can hide a lot of things, including stupidity.  

Very true🤔

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Overrated, over paid said:

Seriously, the comments from most on here are so naive and ridiculous it is actually frightening.  The complaints and frustrations I understand, the embarrassment I get, the lack of 'perceived' effort from some players I kind get too. But, what did you actually expect???? Any bookmaker, pundit, journalist, sports finance professional or anyone with a relatively sound grasp of reading data would tell you the we, Norwich City, were favourites (or joint favourites) for relegation. 

I accept we should be doing better, and transfers have been, largely poor. But, be brave, tell me precisely why Norwich City shouldn't currently be in the bottom three? 

Anyone? Anyone?

There is no reason.

Wait until you talk with someone who voted for Trump…and would vote for him again. That….is actually frightening.

I’m still struggling to understand if that brand of stupidly is nature or nurture.

• Like 1

No, not all football fans are stupid, far from it. They have eyes to see the appalling state of the squad but they may struggle to articulate how they feel about the team. It is dreadful, embarrassing, unacceptable, hopeless. All of those things. And more. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Real stupidity is a complete inability to comprehend the other side of the argument.

Hence why the nappy-crappers think that the happy-clappers are stupid and vice versa 

........and so it goes on ......and on.....and on etc etc etc🙂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Hence why the nappy-crappers think that the happy-clappers are stupid and vice versa 

........and so it goes on ......and on.....and on etc etc etc🙂

My favourite argument goes like this . 

We should have new owners . Just look at the success of *insert name here* . Let’s say Leicester , Southampton , Man City , Crystal Palace .

or 

We definitely should not have new owners . Just look at the failure of *insert name here* . For this argument we’ll pick Sunderland , Derby , Blackburn and Wigan. 

My particular favourite are Wolves. Over the many years of this particular debate , Wolves have been used on both sides of the argument . 

Someone once said football is all about opinions. I expect whoever said it was stupid . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Real stupidity is a complete inability to comprehend the other side of the argument.

It depends whether said argument has any substance or is pure emotional drivel. But I get the point 👍

• Like 1