Monty13

Cantwell rumours

£18m yes please! That's at least money for 2 more strikers that don't score!

I suspect we are desperate to sell him to the highest bidder as he's just not all that great and his heads not in the game. Sure he does a job in the championship but severely lacking in too many areas to be much use to us in the prem. Perhaps better coaching elsewhere and he can add to his game?

If he’s incapable of playing due to long term issues, whether medical or psychological, then clearly no-one’s going to buy him. On the other hand if he’s not playing because of a poor attitude then why would anyone even want to buy him?  

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I hope the lad does get that move. Good for him and good for us. There are too many among our fans who don't like him.

Given one of his issues is with a lack of play time we really think hes gonna be happy joining a team that will have him as a 3rd choice winger behind Minamino?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given one of his issues is with a lack of play time we really think hes gonna be happy joining a team that will have him as a 3rd choice winger behind Minamino?

When he looks at his pay slip I’m sure he’ll get over it.

• Haha 1

At his best, he can be a handful, but if he was to go to Liverpool, I do wonder what he can offer them in terms of weapons.  I can see him being a good link man, but not much else.....maybe that is what Klopp wants - someone who can link play well and allow others to create. That is what he did a lot of the time last season and certainly helped the likes of Emi. 

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

At his best, he can be a handful, but if he was to go to Liverpool, I do wonder what he can offer them in terms of weapons.  I can see him being a good link man, but not much else.....maybe that is what Klopp wants - someone who can link play well and allow others to create. That is what he did a lot of the time last season and certainly helped the likes of Emi. 

Good luck to him if it happens. Best thing for him. There is a good player in there and if anybody can get him playing again it's Klopp  ( top class German coach) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forestofdeancanary said:

Yeah, I am seeing Liverpool fans tweeting about him on Twitter. Some are into him, some are not. The same with Leeds. Lots of rumours flying around about him joining Leeds. 

Edited by Star55

Said ages ago on here Klopp is an admirer of Todd and knows he has the ability and potential to become a very good Premier League player - at the time I was told this by a friend of mine who is the Uncle of a then Liverpool player who Todd was targeted to replace (said player still plays in the Premier League), and only Webber putting his foot down stopped Todd’s exit back then. So whilst others laugh and think this is new news, I will not be surprised in the slightest if he does indeed finally join Liverpool in a significantly cut price move to Anfield. It’ll be a great move for him if it finally happens, and he won’t have weirdos bizarrely targeting him from the start of his career there for being a local lad.

As for that picture of Todd on his mobile in headphones during the ‘pre match warm up’, anyone who thinks that is the pre match warm up in headphones, a gillet and a slippery pair of trainers must be pretty damn stupid to put it mildly 🤦🏻‍♂️😂. On the other hand, most of us with half a brain I think can work out this is the usual ‘familiarise yourself with the setting’ of the away pitch etc that takes place before every away game, and Todd’s just listening to some pre match motivational music or perhaps even a motivational speech as many players do as standard practice before games.

I think it’s easy to see why Todd may well wish to leave the club after years of abuse from some sections of our support or fan base, and now that it appears to have finally come to a head as it inevitably would, I can fully understand him having had enough. Good luck to the lad, and shame on those that will have ultimately played their part in us losing someone that I have no doubt would be doing so much better for us had he have felt better appreciated and supported here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

at the time I was told this by a friend of mine who is the Uncle of a then Liverpool player who Todd was targeted to replace

Yep because the transfer committee famously run potential signings past the current squad. 

'Hey you not getting any game time, what do you think of us signing Todd Cantwell to replace you?'

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yep because the transfer committee famously run potential signings past the current squad. 

'Hey you not getting any game time, what do you think of us signing Todd Cantwell to replace you?'

Believe it or not, players do hear things behind closed doors, as incredible as that may sound.

Actually, mulling it over, Cantwell to Liverpool doesn't sound that stupid. He should be on the front foot far more there, not to mention the likes of Mane and Salah forever piling forward should leave him with more space to do his thing.

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Actually, mulling it over, Cantwell to Liverpool doesn't sound that stupid. He should be on the front foot far more there, not to mention the likes of Mane and Salah forever piling forward should leave him with more space to do his thing.

Sorry, it really does. 

Cantwell will end up in the Championship, not Champions League! 

47 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Said ages ago on here Klopp is an admirer of Todd and knows he has the ability and potential to become a very good Premier League player - at the time I was told this by a friend of mine who is the Uncle of a then Liverpool player who Todd was targeted to replace (said player still plays in the Premier League), and only Webber putting his foot down stopped Todd’s exit back then. So whilst others laugh and think this is new news, I will not be surprised in the slightest if he does indeed finally join Liverpool in a significantly cut price move to Anfield. It’ll be a great move for him if it finally happens, and he won’t have weirdos bizarrely targeting him from the start of his career there for being a local lad.

As for that picture of Todd on his mobile in headphones during the ‘pre match warm up’, anyone who thinks that is the pre match warm up in headphones, a gillet and a slippery pair of trainers must be pretty damn stupid to put it mildly 🤦🏻‍♂️😂. On the other hand, most of us with half a brain I think can work out this is the usual ‘familiarise yourself with the setting’ of the away pitch etc that takes place before every away game, and Todd’s just listening to some pre match motivational music or perhaps even a motivational speech as many players do as standard practice before games.

I think it’s easy to see why Todd may well wish to leave the club after years of abuse from some sections of our support or fan base, and now that it appears to have finally come to a head as it inevitably would, I can fully understand him having had enough. Good luck to the lad, and shame on those that will have ultimately played their part in us losing someone that I have no doubt would be doing so much better for us had he have felt better appreciated and supported here.

That'll be Adam Lallana then. I believe Todd can be as good if not better than him so it really doesn't sound out of the realms of possibility does it ?

So what about a swap deal, Cantwell for Phillips & Nico Williams?

Like so many young players Cantwell 'had' potential but also like so many other young players he has failed to to fulfil it.

Just a shame that we keep signing players other clubs have already decided aren't good enough.

I just don’t get why people seem to want him to fail. 

I personally think he’ll leave us and flourish. Cantwell is quality and the right boss will see him right. If anyone could do that it’d be Klopp I imagine. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I personally think he’ll leave us and flourish. Cantwell is quality and the right boss will see him right. If anyone could do that it’d be Klopp I imagine. 

I believe that never a week went by without Daniel speaking to Klopp. So there won't be much that Klopp doesn't know about Todd.

I have always said he would be amazing for Liverpool, surrounded by the players they have 

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sorry, it really does. 

Cantwell will end up in the Championship, not Champions League! 

Possible, but remember that Klopp's often bought players from relegated teams. Andrew Robertson being the leader of that pack.

58 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Spot on, I agree. Hope he does really well.

We have some very odd fans dont we

1 hour ago, Indy said:

So what about a swap deal, Cantwell for Phillips & Nico Williams?

I'd take Williams (especially if Aarons looks like he's on the way out), not so sure about Phillips, who's too old-school a centre-half to fit our style, and we've got one in Hanley as it is.

• Like 1

We have seen his potential. which does make it annoying knowing how good he can be. but he has to show it in training before he can start a game. 

There is every chance that he has had his head turned. Agent working hard. Maybe he feels he should be on more money, similar to others at NCFC. and, has he had enough of the Yoyo. He may want no more Championship football and can get more money at another Club. What would you do ?

A big shame, as we would benefit from his Potential when in full flow

Todd is one of very few players that we have that is good enough for the Premier League, on his day... unfortunately that seems les and less and maybe a clean break is what is needed. I'd rather we got him back scoring and making assists for us to be honest but that looks a way off....

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting. So Todd's 'performance' this year is down to the abuse of the fans?

Pure conjecture Alex. Any actual evidence? Got an Auntie at Carrow Road who can fill us in?

OTBC

36 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Exception rather than the rule, but a reasonable point.

Would say Ings was decent for them, Wijnaldum was definitely a good player for them, Shaqiri certainly had his moments, as did Crouch.

The last eight players Liverpool signed from relegated teams & how they fared - Planet Football

• Like 1

At Liverpool Cantwell would be in competition with Mane, both can be a little lazy in covering so definitely would have the luxury of high press only, he wouldn’t be expected to track back too much.

If he could capture his form of two years ago in that team he’d look a far better player then here, the quality of player around him would certainly help him.

if we got anywhere near ten million for him or a player swap with additional funds would be a good deal. I just don’t see it happening!

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Todd is one of very few players that we have that is good enough for the Premier League, on his day... unfortunately that seems les and less and maybe a clean break is what is needed. I'd rather we got him back scoring and making assists for us to be honest but that looks a way off....

Agreed. 

Certainly with his current value it's incredibly unlikely we'd be able to replace with anyone close to his natural ability. However, we might be able to replace with someone who'll be better for us right now, based on his form this season. So short-term it could maybe work but long-term we'd be losing one of our more talented players (again)