Monty13

Cantwell rumours

Well, with all the abuse he’s been subjected to on here even though he’s barely played I kinda hope he finds a new club and really shines for them. He had two decent seasons, a homegrown lad as well and this is how he’s treated. 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

What a disappointing thread! I thought it was going to be juicy rumours about what happened shortly before kick-off against Palace, with Pukki, Aarons and Cantwell slugging it out. I got the definite feeling that Smith was hiding something and looked distinctly sheepish when he talked about player confidentiality meaning that he was unable to say more. Has anything emerged yet about what these 'injuries and illness' specifically were?

Don't think Pukki has been or will be in a fight in his life. 

Has anything emerged yet about what these 'injuries and illness' specifically were?

I think Smith likes to keep his cards close to his chest. If those 3 have test positive for COVID they will not play against Leicester. If they have knocks they might.

If we put some of the rumours together, Villa interested in Toddwell, we’re interested in El Ghazi and Hourihane. Maybe a straight swap plus us having a sell on clause. 

Our team could look like this…

Pukki

Rachica      Hourihane     El Ghazi

Normann  Sorensen

Williams   Gibson   Hanley   Byram

Krul

That looks a far better, more potent team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

If we put some of the rumours together, Villa interested in Toddwell, we’re interested in El Ghazi and Hourihane. Maybe a straight swap plus us having a sell on clause. 

Pukki

Normann  Sorensen

Krul

Teemu in goal and Tim up front. Wow, that is left field 😂

Edited by keelansgrandad

7 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Has anything emerged yet about what these 'injuries and illness' specifically were?

I think Smith likes to keep his cards close to his chest. If those 3 have test positive for COVID they will not play against Leicester. If they have knocks they might.

It may be as simple as that. But I prefer the dramatic version 😁

20 mill I reckon. The price of decent English talent has gone up the last few seasons. And another coach might feel they can get something out of him. I wish him well wherever he goes, has had unnecessary stick for so long despite being a good player. He’s helped us to two Champ titles and that crazy win over Man City. Think his head went over the summer and he never got it back, so no point keeping a player whose head is gone. 

My concern is, Webber is charge of those funds we generate… done well so far hint he!!! 😳

7 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Pukki

Normann  Sorensen

Krul

Normann out for the season. He looks a bit too good for the season. Very sad but we will probably never see him in a Norwich shirt. The only new player I had really fallen in love with 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Pukki

Normann  Sorensen

Krul

Except that Normann will probably never play for us again, Rashica will take ages to get back to the level he was at before he was injured and Hourihane has shot his bolt. 

12 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Pukki

Normann  Sorensen

Krul

Does it though? Does it look like a Premier League team? Honestly. I’m not so sure.

30 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Good player who has not quite faced up to the physicality of the EPL. They will kick, scratch bite to get the ball off you and have the power and pace to get to him. It all looked so easy in the Championship as he had more than enough skill to outwit the opposition.

But the has always been a brigade who don't like him for some reason (remember Ian Henderson) and being local seem to get the stick that others avoid.

I hope he gets a dream move and ends up playing hundreds of games for a top side.

This.

And I hope those keen to get rid of him for what will be slightly less than fcuk all compared to his full contract value, don't start whining because we don't have money to strengthen the squad.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Teemu in goal and Tim up front. Wow, that is left field 😂

No, we lost the toss and changed ends 🤪

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Pukki

Normann  Sorensen

Krul

Hourihane joining us would be good comedy.. Guess if they always score against you you might as well buy them

2 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Lots of rumours started circulating in last few hours at various outlets we are looking to offload Cantwell in January.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17169729/norwich-todd-cantwell-transfer-january-dortmund/amp/

EDP picked up on it as well.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-todd-cantwell-transfer-speculation-8591360

Not massively surprised but I wonder who’s going to have a punt on him in his current form and if they do won’t be close to the 30+ million we wanted.

I’m not saying this is untrue but your source is The S(c)um. The EDP report just quotes it.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Sorry about that . Need to learn how to use  a keyboard!

c£10M fee would probably get him + a whole list of potential add on's which might just edge it to closer to £20M.

My thoughts as well. Possibly £10-12M plus a few add on's 

However, I do wonder if an agreement of sorts has or is in the process of being hammered out with a club like Leeds, hence the 'he's available hints' to up the price a bit

I’ve always wanted him to succeed, I really have, but who knows what’s going on with him. There’s so many unknowns. If he goes I just hope we get a good fee and he can finally be happy maybe?

1 hour ago, The Correct one said:

The correct one will personally pay for his ABC taxi out of this fine city 

The 'correct one'? I always thought that was Stuart Webber... 🙃

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Add to that a possible reputation for being a trouble-making diva and I think you can cut that 30m by two-thirds.

I think Todd had too much over-hyped local praise as a local lad and began to believe it himself. Became the 'poster' boy.

Seemed to want away last season too and simply has failed this season however much the fans wanted him to succeed.

Wherever he goes he'll no longer be the prodigal son and have to prove himself on the pitch. Might be good for him although I suspect his character is now set and suspect. He'll have to graft to redeem it. A big risk for any other EPL club. Championship less so and may indeed be his natural level.

Either way he'll be just another small fish in an even bigger but more ruthless pond. No room for petulance.

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hourihane joining us would be good comedy.. Guess if they always score against you you might as well buy them

It would be a bit like Baldrick's cunning plan to own the bullet with his name on it so that he'd never get hit by it.

1 hour ago, ÅlandicCanary said:

Well, with all the abuse he’s been subjected to on here even though he’s barely played I kinda hope he finds a new club and really shines for them. He had two decent seasons, a homegrown lad as well and this is how he’s treated. 

When we most needed him to fill the hole left by Buendia, he went missing. He had the chance to be the main man and both managers this season have made him yesterday’s man. I’d like to know the reason because unless we do, all we can go on is cryptic and sometimes petulant social media posts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Off to Leeds, he'sbeen on the phone to them since last season. Been saying it since last season and recently people have been all 'durr with his current form nobody wants to buy him' and yes right now his value will be much lower than had we sold him last season but I would not be too surprised if he's already made a deal with his dream club and will soon come out and talk about how he's always dreamed of playing for the whites since he was a kid

Leeds had no interest in him last season.

As far as I am aware, they still don't.

36 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think Todd had too much over-hyped local praise as a local lad and began to believe it himself. Became the 'poster' boy.

Seemed to want away last season too and simply has failed this season however much the fans wanted him to succeed.

Wherever he goes he'll no longer be the prodigal son and have to prove himself on the pitch. Might be good for him although I suspect his character is now set and suspect. He'll have to graft to redeem it. A big risk for any other EPL club. Championship less so and may indeed be his natural level.

Either way he'll be just another small fish in an even bigger but more ruthless pond. No room for petulance.

You are joking. People always say the fans take to a local player. The reality here at least is that they are always super critical. Look back at the numerous threads, innuendo and rumours on this board. It was the same with the Murphy twins previously. 

Like I've said before, needs a move but I don't think it'll be a move that his ego thinks it should be!

I'll be over the moon with £10M+ add on's cause I'd be gutted if Norwich paid that much for a player of Cantwells ilk!! 

Edited by kingsway

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Definitely suspect Todd's advisors are the problem. Similar crap with Josh Maja.

If a player can allow themselves to be played like a puppet by advisors who blow smoke up their ars*s but who won't return their calls as soon as they hang up their gloves then it isn't the advisors themselves that are the problem... but a lack of intelligence of the footballer.

Gary Neville did ok for himself as somebody who negotiated all of his own contracts didn't he, didn't let somebody mug him for 10%. Employs 600 people now in Manchester.

Don’t give a toss about a player who throws toys out of pram. Norwich City is bigger than Todd Cantwell 

A very strange situation altogether. 
this was his season to shine and it has not happened with the reasons for not playing very curious. 
a move is probably best but I could not suggest who would be interested and I fear the price would be very low withe main benefit to the club being wages saved. 

• Like 1