Monty13

Cantwell rumours

Lots of rumours started circulating in last few hours at various outlets we are looking to offload Cantwell in January.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17169729/norwich-todd-cantwell-transfer-january-dortmund/amp/

EDP picked up on it as well.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-ncfc-todd-cantwell-transfer-speculation-8591360

Not massively surprised but I wonder who’s going to have a punt on him in his current form and if they do won’t be close to the 30+ million we wanted.

Off to Leeds, he'sbeen on the phone to them since last season. Been saying it since last season and recently people have been all 'durr with his current form nobody wants to buy him' and yes right now his value will be much lower than had we sold him last season but I would not be too surprised if he's already made a deal with his dream club and will soon come out and talk about how he's always dreamed of playing for the whites since he was a kid

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Kind of makes me think Dean thinks he’s a lost cause and has told Webber as much.

If he thought he could get the best out of him why on Earth would Webber look to sell now when his value is rock bottom as opposed to in the summer when hopefully he’d have shown improvement in the back half of the season.

What a disappointing thread! I thought it was going to be juicy rumours about what happened shortly before kick-off against Palace, with Pukki, Aarons and Cantwell slugging it out. I got the definite feeling that Smith was hiding something and looked distinctly sheepish when he talked about player confidentiality meaning that he was unable to say more. Has anything emerged yet about what these 'injuries and illness' specifically were?

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Off to Leeds, he'sbeen on the phone to them since last season. Been saying it since last season and recently people have been all 'durr with his current form nobody wants to buy him' and yes right now his value will be much lower than had we sold him last season but I would not be too surprised if he's already made a deal with his dream club and will soon come out and talk about how he's always dreamed of playing for the whites since he was a kid

Excellent. We need to weaken our relegation rivals as much as we can. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is at least one thing to look forward to in January 

Even with petrol around £1.45 a litre i take it you would still drive him to Leeds ?

Edited by TIL 1010

In all honesty how much realistically are Norwich going to get for him now

2m

5m

10m

15m

In recent form I highly doubt anyone would be looking to take a punt on him for £30m. One semi decent half a season performance in the prem with virtually the same return last season with a poor and slow start and virtually non existent this season. Probably not worth more than £15m right now

Just now, Mengo said:

In all honesty how much realistically are Norwich going to get for him now

2m

5m

10m

15m

Probably not much and a lot of add ons I’d imagine which doesn’t provide much to immediately work with and therefore makes me question, why bother?

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

In recent form I highly doubt anyone would be looking to take a punt on him for £30m. One semi decent half a season performance in the prem with virtually the same return last season with a poor and slow start and virtually non existent this season. Probably not worth more than £15m right now

Add to that a possible reputation for being a trouble-making diva and I think you can cut that 30m by two-thirds.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Add to that a possible reputation for being a trouble-making diva and I think you can cut that 30m by two-thirds.

Wonder if he will throw a tantrum when he gets to play for the club he's always wanted to play for only to then not impress them and ends up rotting away on the bench?

I think Todd and Max are both off in Jan.  Is this the last season of Todd’s contract?  If so , even more obvious Todd’s off. Shame in truth, I had him as one of our crucial players for this season and it’s just not happened for whatever reason. 

Smith comments before the game did feel odd.  I’ve no idea why he wasn’t specific such as calf strain, Covid, rested due to fixtures etc…. all normally stated by managers…..player confidentiality, new one on me?? Unless there really is a reason to hide some truth, which I guess there is??? 

Jan will be a very interesting month for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I think Todd and Max are both off in Jan.  Is this the last season of Todd’s contract?  If so , even more obvious Todd’s off. Shame in truth, I had him as one of our crucial players for this season and it’s just not happened for whatever reason. 

Smith comments before the game did feel odd.  I’ve no idea why he wasn’t specific such as calf strain, Covid, rested due to fixtures etc…. all normally stated by managers…..player confidentiality, new one on me?? Unless there really is a reason to hide some truth, which I guess there is??? 

Jan will be a very interesting month for sure. 

I with you on this but, I think he said patient confidentiality, persumably relating to Covid and who had it.

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I with you on this but, I think he said patient confidentiality, persumably relating to Covid and who had it.

If so, that was originally my mistake, and I apologise. Still think there was something about Smith's manner that felt evasive, though.

37 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is at least one thing to look forward to in January 

But I don't think at this price. Look back not so long ago. How times have changed UF. 

Can't see that happening 😕 3m maybe.

Screenshot_20211229-155518_Chrome.jpg

Sorry about that . Need to learn how to use  a keyboard!

c£10M fee would probably get him + a whole list of potential add on's which might just edge it to closer to £20M.

17 minutes ago, The Correct one said:

The correct one will personally pay for his ABC taxi out of this fine city 

Other taxi firms are available 😀

Good player who has not quite faced up to the physicality of the EPL. They will kick, scratch bite to get the ball off you and have the power and pace to get to him. It all looked so easy in the Championship as he had more than enough skill to outwit the opposition.

But the has always been a brigade who don't like him for some reason (remember Ian Henderson) and being local seem to get the stick that others avoid.

I hope he gets a dream move and ends up playing hundreds of games for a top side.

10 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If so, that was originally my mistake, and I apologise. Still think there was something about Smith's manner that felt evasive, though.

I agree, thought it was really odd……he had a little twinkle in his eye as if ‘read between the lines’ so by saying nothing, he was saying everything and what that is I’ve no clue.

Think I’ve cleared that up. 

3 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

I agree, thought it was really odd……he had a little twinkle in his eye as if ‘read between the lines’ so by saying nothing, he was saying everything and what that is I’ve no clue.

Think I’ve cleared that up. 

Then of course the announcement comes out today that we are willing to sell him. Coincidence?