Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Gallows Humour Yesterday.

46 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Im, sure you don't mean to imply that personal abuse to opposition players is acceptable? 

Personal abuse to anyone, at anytime, which includes but isn't limited to racism is not acceptable. Ever. 

Well quite obviously, but the subject was in relation to our fans vs / our players.

I am told one Norwich ' fan ' was ejected by Palace stewards during the first half for racist abuse which of course is one idiot too many but of course he will tar others with the same brush among the away support once chinese whispers and social media get hold of a story.

On 30/12/2021 at 15:40, TIL 1010 said:

I am told one Norwich ' fan ' was ejected by Palace stewards during the first half for racist abuse which of course is one idiot too many but of course he will tar others with the same brush among the away support once chinese whispers and social media get hold of a story.

That fan has been now been arrested.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12505871/arrest-made-after-crystal-palace-players-allegedly-racially-abused-against-norwich-in-premier-league

On 30/12/2021 at 15:40, TIL 1010 said:

The way things are going "Come on you Yellows" will soon be a banning offence.

The Snakepit is the core of this Football Club, always has been always will be, for noise and intimidation. You don't like the area then that's your problem!

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 10:39, bringbackchippy said:

The Snakepit is the core of this Football Club, always has been always will be, for noise and intimidation. You don't like the area then that's your problem!

****!

Not seen the snakepit so triggered since they were subjected to a player kneeling to support anti racism.

Where's the self dubbed core of the support been recently? No wonder CR has become an embarrassment. The loudest noises coming from there are boos and they **** off home as early at the River End fans they mock.

On 01/01/2022 at 10:24, Nora's Ghost said:

The way things are going "Come on you Yellows" will soon be a banning offence.

I know. Soon hitting your wife and caning your children will be banned too! 

I'm not sure they want the PinkUn's resident racist defending them though chippy, that's not a good look.

What did you think about the racist abuse Idah suffered? Actually, thinking about it, the more relevant question for you should probably be "do you regret it?"

If you think the racists in the snakepit are the core of this football club it’s you who has the problem

12 minutes ago, city4eva said:

If you think the racists in the snakepit are the core of this football club it’s you who has the problem

What about the racists in other parts of the ground?  Are they ok?  Because if we’re going to pursue this witch hunt mentality then in my experience at least 50% of those aged 70 and over are at least a little bit racist.  Perhaps we should ban all OAPs just to be on the safe side.

Edited by Naturalcynic

4 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

What about the racists in other parts of the ground?  Are they ok?  Because if we’re going to pursue this witch hunt mentality then in my experience at least 50% of those aged 70 and over are at least a little bit racist.  Perhaps we should ban all OAPs just to be on the safe side.

It’s my experience of hearing many in the snakepit booing the taking of the knee…if you hear anyone booing the same thing in other parts of the ground of any age then they are no better…Do you hear 50% of the over 70s around you booing the knee ?

Just to reiterate racists are not ok in any part of the ground and should all be banned

Edited by city4eva

12 hours ago, city4eva said:

It’s my experience of hearing many in the snakepit booing the taking of the knee…if you hear anyone booing the same thing in other parts of the ground of any age then they are no better…Do you hear 50% of the over 70s around you booing the knee ?

Just to reiterate racists are not ok in any part of the ground and should all be banned

Clearly you don't grasp the fact that some people simply don't like politics mixed with sport?

It isn't quite as 'black and white' as some folks claim. Unless of course they want it to be?

If you watch a televised match at the moment, the commentators are just going through the motions when they read out the all lives matter phrase as the players take the knee. There is no feeling in their voice like they mean it and its a feeble oh yes I agree from the pundits. Some teams and players have stopped doing it.

The reason this campaign re-emerged was after the death of George Floyd. There was a lot anger and protest. Now what? Basically just sports people taking the knee and a few banners.

Admittedly the virus intervened but just the same as any other movement, once the anger dies, and it just becomes routine, the point is lost.

15 hours ago, city4eva said:

The booing may or may not be because the individual doing it is racist.  Frankly we just don’t know.  But we do know that many older people harbour racist attitudes.  My parents do/did, same with my in-laws and my uncle (don’t know about my aunt).  Not in a direct way, you understand, but with inappropriate comments from time to time.  It’s probably what comes from being brought up in the 1930s and 40s.  They may not boo, but they do think bad thoughts.  Surely this wrongthink needs to be stamped out and not tolerated at Carrow Road.  If the witch hunt is going to be taken seriously shouldn’t all OAPs be banned, just just to be on the safe side?

Edited by Naturalcynic

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

If you watch a televised match at the moment, the commentators are just going through the motions when they read out the all lives matter phrase as the players take the knee. There is no feeling in their voice like they mean it and its a feeble oh yes I agree from the pundits. Some teams and players have stopped doing it.

Careful, there are some activist types who don’t approve of that phrase.

20 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm not sure they want the PinkUn's resident racist defending them though chippy, that's not a good look.

What did you think about the racist abuse Idah suffered? Actually, thinking about it, the more relevant question for you should probably be "do you regret it?"

Clearly it was very wrong but it was also (as I understand it) one person on Instagram posting emojis and it would not surprise me at all if the culprit is revealed to not be a Norwich fan and lives nowhere near Norfolk or even the UK. In fact I would be more surprised if it does turn out to be one of our fans.

37 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Clearly it was very wrong but it was also (as I understand it) one person on Instagram posting emojis and it would not surprise me at all if the culprit is revealed to not be a Norwich fan and lives nowhere near Norfolk or even the UK. In fact I would be more surprised if it does turn out to be one of our fans.

Whoever he or she happens to be, i'm sure they have the full support of chippy.