Winning 25

A DISASTROUS mistake to sack Farke

Stabbed in the back with gleeful ignorance! Other than Webber, who else in premier league history, has sacked their manager after his first win of the season? Also who else sold their best player apon gaining promotion to the Prem? Am pretty sure the answer is no one else! Webber seems to have thrown the rule book out of the window. His ego has gotten way out of control! Farke was as cool as they come. Now we're being lead by the emotionally unhinged. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree with most of your comments. The one who should have bit the dust is the one who signed the cheque for that complete load of rubbish in the summer window. Bet for sure it was not DF.

He clearly pointed the finger at Farke , perhaps he should have looked where the other fingers were pointed as well.

Did little old Brentford sell their best player?

Guess you are right about his ego. Can't ever say that about Daniel.

Edited by Bradwell canary
error
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Imagine if he hadn’t been sacked.  I suspect the results would be pretty similar to where we are now, and Daniel would be getting a torrid time at the matches and certainly on here.  
He has left with his head held high and that is probably the best outcome we could have wished for, for a much loved manager. 

• Like 17

Nonsense....Farke had bar Zimmerman , a fully fit squad for the whole of his season ...and we were sh!t

There was undoubetly an upturn in performance after Smith's arrival which has been derailed by 11 injuries/covid cases

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Imagine if he hadn’t been sacked.  I suspect the results would be pretty similar to where we are now, and Daniel would be getting a torrid time at the matches and certainly on here.  
He has left with his head held high and that is probably the best outcome we could have wished for, for a much loved manager. 

Agree with this, and also Webber has no-one to hide behind anymore. He has improved the club in many ways, financially and structually, but his incompetent recruitment following both promotions is clear to see.

I think it was the right decision to sack Farke and replace him with a more experienced manager like Smith, the problem is the strength of the squad as a whole. The best 11 is just about good enough to stay up but the 'back-ups' aren't and that's down to Webber, he made Farke the scapegoat but this relegation will be 100% on him and he should quit or be sacked at the end of the season, allowing him to spend again in January would be insane as it wouldn't alter the outcome. 

Farke was at the helm when Webber was coming up with the transfer targets and if he didn't have the bottle to say no to any of them he is as much to blame for the shambles we have now.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

19 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Nonsense....Farke had bar Zimmerman , a fully fit squad for the whole of his season ...and we were sh!t

There was undoubetly an upturn in performance after Smith's arrival which has been derailed by 11 injuries/covid cases

New manager bounce.

The players aren't good enough - we were told that they'd learned lessons from last time and that we'd be getting bigger and better athletes, did that happen?

We lack the finances to pay the wages of established PL quality players. Farke, Smith and Webber are all easy targets for blame but blame does not rest with them. Nor does it rest with the players. Yesterday, Gilmour for example, was one of the few who tried to keep going notwithstanding what was happening in the away section, especially in the second half. Sad really. Our problems run much deeper and can only be solved by new investment. 

Although I will totally back Farke as a legend here, he had an identity in his style even though it was tough the first season he stood by it and we were very successful with it. He changed it this season and we looked worse…..should have stuck to his formation and system not changed to the pressures put on him. 
Unfortunately it was correct to let him go to get someone who might have kept us up, I was vocal at the time of the Smith appointment that he wasn’t in anyway an improvement given his track record and stand by that even more so now. In my opinion he doesn’t warrant any lei way or excuses, if things don’t improve in the next five games I’d be very happy to give him the boot and bring in a young up and coming manager who’s been successful at lower clubs working on a budget. Smith won’t get us up next year in my opinion, Smith suits Webber, someone happy to be in a job at a premiership club and won’t put pressure on those above him!

This clubs in a very lethargic circle at present with owners who are happy to be a top championship club, Webber with no pressure on him now he’s got his claws into the club paying him and his other half a good wage for little pressure and players who follow the mantra from above that maximum effort isn’t expected at Little Old Norwich city, the fans fill the ground every game so must be happy at what they are producing! We lack proper leaders off the pitch and on it, we lack a vision that we got when Webber first came, it’s not that Webber changed our club in his five year plan, the club changed Webber from a dynamic visionary to the Norwich way, that will do as we have no money and can’t compete!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

New manager bounce.

The players aren't good enough - we were told that they'd learned lessons from last time and that we'd be getting bigger and better athletes, did that happen?

Whilst the player may not be good enough...we currently are without krul aarons giannoulis hanley omobomidele zimmerman normann rupp rashica cantwell and pukki. 11 players possibly as many as 8 starters in our 1st XI.

Farke didnt have anything like that yo contend with and we were abysmal

At least Smith had us competing until these injuries hit.

Nobody could cope with this current situation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Nobody could cope with this current situation

I agree with this, if it were in isolation, but it's not.

The decision to fire Farke was predicated on the players being better than what they were showing.

We've seen them for half a season now and it's been clear for some time that the recruitment has been awful. Our first choice 11 is worse than it was last year. We were promised a more physically capable team, did we get it?

Nobody wanted relegation but I don't think it'd be as toxic if we were competing and fighting more, or had an identity. We have neither. Farke's sacking accelerated the vitriol, in my opinion

16 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Farke was at the helm when Webber was coming up with the transfer targets and if he didn't have the bottle to say no to any of them he is as much to blame for the shambles we have now.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other.

That’s true to an extent, but I believe Farke wanted Ajer, wasn’t he our primary target early on, but Webber didn’t think he was worth the additional million Celtic wanted, so we didn’t get an athletic young decent CB.

If the primary targets were out of our range then I’m sure Farke would have agreed to the other targets scouted that we did buy. I’m just not sure they were his choices, more of the best we could get, just like Smith probably appeared by Webbers comments, so his players and his coach, Webber fully to blame for this season!

Is this the same Daniel Farke who in virtually every pre match press conference put a downer on our chances before a ball had been kicked, who then was reluctant to make substitutions and also froze out certain players ?

His departure was right and allowed him to leave without burning up too much of his credit he had built up with the fans during his time here. To leave as a result of this toxic atmosphere around the club currently with finger pointing towards the owners, the fraud that is Stuart Webber or whoever the fans are now venting their frustration and anger would not be how i wanted to remember Farke.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, Indy said:

That’s true to an extent, but I believe Farke wanted Ajer, wasn’t he our primary target early on, but Webber didn’t think he was worth the additional million Celtic wanted, so we didn’t get an athletic young decent CB.

If the primary targets were out of our range then I’m sure Farke would have agreed to the other targets scouted that we did buy. I’m just not sure they were his choices, more of the best we could get, just like Smith probably appeared by Webbers comments, so his players and his coach, Webber fully to blame for this season!

Ultimately Webber is responsible but if Farke was unhappy with the situation some vibes should have been heard. Farke didn't need the brutal sacking he got but I think he should he have walked (or at least threatened to) if he could see what was going on.

I doubt any of them were signed with out a nod from him.

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Ultimately Webber is responsible but if Farke was unhappy with the situation some vibes should have been heard. Farke didn't need the brutal sacking he got but I think he should he have walked (or at least threatened to) if he could see what was going on.

I doubt any of them were signed with out a nod from him.

Agree, but let’s look at this from the August perspective, you missed out on two top targets, you have a scouting network who identifies three players Rashica, Tzolis and Sargent, all off them at their respective clubs had decent seasons, looked like good potential and in the Norwich mould, young with potential, we can sell for profit! Or say no I don’t want these players! What then? Do you think Webber would go back out and sign others? Farkes hands were tied the same as Smiths are, so no sympathy from me to Smith, no improvement he should be shown the door quickly!

Farke had to go. In a results based business his results in the Premier League were woeful.

Those saying he may have turned it around have nothing but blind faith the base this on. Farke had no success in the Premier League . 

However 

Replacing him with a manager already sacked by a direct competitor (bottom 6 club at the time I believe) is the sort of thing that doesn’t happen in many other businesses.  If your company is failing (Debenhams) do you go and get the bloke recently sacked from House of Fraser?

(Yes I know about the ownerships of the two companies by the way) 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Farke had to go. In a results based business his results in the Premier League were woeful.

Those saying he may have turned it around have nothing but blind faith the base this on. Farke had no success in the Premier League . 

However 

Replacing him with a manager already sacked by a direct competitor (bottom 6 club at the time I believe) is the sort of thing that doesn’t happen in many other businesses.  If your company is failing (Debenhams) do you go and get the bloke recently sacked from House of Fraser?

(Yes I know about the ownerships of the two companies by the way) 

Webber probably found him easy to deal with over the Buendia sale and thus made good puppet material.

I hope Smith and Shakespeare manage to turn it round but as relegation already look a cert someone 'on the up' like Robins may have been a better fit.

1 hour ago, Danbury Yellow said:

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Agree with both of the above posts - Farke had a full squad to choose from and we were awful. The team that Smith had to put out yesterday wasn't even as good as our Championship winning team. We are down to the bones atm.

It was the right time for Farke to go - it would have got toxic for him and no-one would want that for a man who did so much for us.

OTBC

39 minutes ago, Mr right said:

Webber is a fraud that believes his own hype 

Webber is no fraud, Mr Wrong!   He’s done some magnificent work here.   He’s made some mistakes, some big mistakes and it hasn’t worked how we’d all hoped.   He’s no fraud though, you’re out of order…. ? Did you pick up that phrase on here and copy it or was it you that thought of it?   Bet you can’t justify that statement with evidence…. You’ll might try and someone will then tell you that’s not fraud!     

• Confused 1

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Webber is no fraud, Mr Wrong!   He’s done some magnificent work here.   He’s made some mistakes, some big mistakes and it hasn’t worked how we’d all hoped.   He’s no fraud though, you’re out of order…. ? Did you pick up that phrase on here and copy it or was it you that thought of it?   Bet you can’t justify that statement with evidence…. You’ll might try and someone will then tell you that’s not fraud!     

Our recruitment has been poor for about four windows now.

While I appreciate that's only part of his role, it is the most high profile part and the heart and soul of the organisation. 

It's looking ever more likely that we lucked into two incredible signings (Emi and Pukki) that hid a multitude of sins.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

Our recruitment has been poor for about four windows now.

While I appreciate that's only part of his role, it is the most high profile part and the heart and soul of the organisation. 

It's looking ever more likely that we lucked into two incredible signings (Emi and Pukki) that hid a multitude of sins.

Plenty of arguments he hasn’t been good enough, don’t disagree with that but he’s no fraud!   I have always said since the last relegation we needed 3 new CDM’s with the tools to play in the EPL, he failed to address that (sticking with McLean / Rupp and bringing in a loan in Skipp, now Normann) and IMO, that’s been his downfall, that’s why this project isn’t working.   We never got the insurance in the middle of the park to allow our forward players to thrive.    Find and develop some gems that could play similar to Kouyate, Dacoure, Ndidi, but we didn’t, suspect Godfrey could have been one of them but Farke never even tried that.   In the right environment, Rashica, Tzolis, Cantwell and even Gilmour, and consequently Pukki and Idah could thrive…. Unfortunately, this is far from the right environment.    

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

Sacking Farke was the only lever we could pull mid season to change something. It hasn’t worked and exposed Webber’s poor recruitment.

If we had all the players fit then maybe we’d stand a chance, but that never happens in a prem season - especially when the best recruit is brought in injured. 

• Like 1