Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Is it time for a fan led buy out?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you suggesting that they are locally owned companies ?

I really don't know. Neither do I know why it matters other than if you are suggesting that many of their clients turn up to watch top 6 clubs.  It would simply be interesting to know how many commercial seats there are in the existing 27,000 Carrow Road capacity and how many there would be if the capacity was to be expanded to 33,000.  I think we all know the proportion would grow therefore why not get them to finance the expansion? At least there would be some additional seats for ordinary customers.

19 hours ago, GMF said:

Add the 6,200 shareholding to the two that you’ve highlighted and you get to the total of 98,200. 

The only five figure shareholders outside the Board then are the Associate Directors collectively (query whether the figure includes the inheritors and myself as an independent) plus the dormant Pleasurewood Hills and the dormant Trust. These account for over 9% of the total shareholding and around 30 per cent of non-board shareholding.

Seems like a bit of work needs to be done if the Crouch Report recommendations concerning independent directors and golden shares are to be pursued.

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Does anyone hold shares who isn't a fan?

More recent fans have had limited opportunity to participate and given the number of inheritances I suspect the answer to your question is yes and that such shares would benefit from an influence perspective in being collected for the benefit of the  or a Trust. The Share maintenance contract operated by a firm of solicitors may also be very expensive to operate in the light of the number of inheritor transfers of small shareholdings that take place.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

More recent fans have had limited opportunity to participate and given the number of inheritances I suspect the answer to your question is yes and that such shares would benefit from an influence perspective in being collected for the benefit of the  or a Trust. The Share maintenance contract operated by a firm of solicitors may also be very expensive to operate in the light of the number of inheritor transfers of small shareholdings that take place.

I suspect the answer is there maybe a few minor shareholdings passed on to non-fans but the vast majority are held by fans. 

Anyway, Chase took on 'share maintenance', or tidying up the register, 30 years ago. I was told the cheques were from Bob The Builder and not our club. But that's another story...

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I was told the cheques were from Bob The Builder and not our club. But that's another story...

Oh you tease you......... 

Delia and Michael approach 25 years at Norwich City | The Pink Un..."Anyone for Coffee?"......("That actually had nothing to do with me!")....

"Oh and I had nothing to do with that plastic ice-skating rink or that 'Christmas Comes to Carrow' debacle in the stadium car-park."....

"Keep the faith all.....I promise to carry on Aunties legacy and self-funding model when I'm head honcho"....

"I'm so excited!"......

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

The only five figure shareholders outside the Board then are the Associate Directors collectively (query whether the figure includes the inheritors and myself as an independent) plus the dormant Pleasurewood Hills and the dormant Trust. These account for over 9% of the total shareholding and around 30 per cent of non-board shareholding.

Seems like a bit of work needs to be done if the Crouch Report recommendations concerning independent directors and golden shares are to be pursued.

Pleasurewood Hills do not own any shares in NCFC it is in fact Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and how are they dormant ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Pleasurewood Hills do not own any shares in NCFC it is in fact Gt Yarmouth Pleasure Beach and how are they dormant ?

I wasn't aware of that @TIL 1010 assume that's a throw back to Jimmy Jones' time? 

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I wasn't aware of that @TIL 1010 assume that's a throw back to Jimmy Jones' time? 

The former vice chairman under Chase was Jimmy Jones and his company owning the Pleasure Beach held the shares outlined above by @GMFand upon his death his son Albert took over the business now operating today as Pleasure & Leisure Corporation Ltd. The current incarnation of the Jones empire  is hardly dormant as @essex canary implies as it has fingers in a lot of pies in Yarmouth. A long way from the days when it was called Botton bros back in the 60's. Jimmy married into the family and it has gone from there and Albert carries the name forward as you can see below.

Furthermore Albert Jones owns an additional 1200 shares under the name Albert Thomas Botton Jones.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The owners of Pleasurewood Hills are nothing to do with Pleasure & Leisure Corporation Ltd and neither company is dormant from a corporate perspective.

My previous observation actually suggested the two largest non Board shareholders don’t seem to be currently showing any active interest in the Club. That’s very much a personal observation. The Jones family seem to be persona non grata to the current regime following the departure of the late Jimmy Jones back in the 90’s. As for the old Trust, nothing seems to be happening there since the passing of Peter Sharman (or, if it is, it’s very much under the radar at the moment). 

Edited by GMF
Missing word

4 minutes ago, GMF said:

The owners of Pleasurewood Hills are nothing to do with Pleasure & Leisure Corporation Ltd and neither company is dormant from a corporate perspective.

My previous observation actually suggested the two largest non Board shareholders don’t seem to be currently showing any active interest in the Club. That’s very much a personal observation. The Jones family seem to be persona non grata to the current regime following the departure of the late Jimmy Jones back in the 90’s. As for the old Trust, nothing seems to be happening there since the passing of Peter Sharman (or, if it is, it’s very much under the radar at the moment). 

Gary you could also say the Turners are persona non grata but they still own 5000 shares.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Gary you could also say the Turners are persona non grata but they still own 5000 shares.

That’s equally true @TIL 1010

9 minutes ago, GMF said:

That’s equally true @TIL 1010

Just to add and it is only my opinion but with Peter Sharman's involved with several large local companies his estate may well not yet be sorted. Was he it the only trustee of the old Trust and if so just maybe he made provision for his son Christopher to continue ?

It's at times like this i wish Roy Blower was still around as i know he had infrequent contact with Peter Sharman.

Edited by TIL 1010

56 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just for clarification I meant 'dormant' in an NCFC sense. Same for the Turners. 

As I originally implied the shareholder base needs some updating and hopefully the Crouch Report will be influential in achieving it.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Just to add and it is only my opinion but with Peter Sharman's involved with several large local companies his estate may well not yet be sorted. Was he it the only trustee of the old Trust and if so just maybe he made provision for his son Christopher to continue ?

It's at times like this i wish Roy Blower was still around as i know he had infrequent contact with Peter Sharman.

My understanding at the AGM was that there is another Trustee. It would be good to see this in play on behalf of fans as a whole.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It’s a fair observation, although his personal affairs should not have anything to do with the old Trust, which should be managed in accordance with the Trust deed.

As I said previously, if anything is happening, it’s probably under the radar at the moment. Time will tell, I guess.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Just for clarification I meant 'dormant' in an NCFC sense. Same for the Turners. 

As I originally implied the shareholder base needs some updating and hopefully the Crouch Report will be influential in achieving it.

In that case add RG Carter to the list unless they are hanging on in the hope they get the contract for the new City Stand someday and do Bertram Books even now exist because they are also in the Top 10. ?