Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Is it time for a fan led buy out?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously weren't around in the Chase and Worthington days then ?

The “Chase Out” era must have been an interesting time to be in uniform!

1 minute ago, Naturalcynic said:

The “Chase Out” era must have been an interesting time to be in uniform!

Except for the fact i retired in 1994. 😜

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You obviously weren't around in the Chase and Worthington days then ?

I was but things were very different back then when the average 'attendee' at Carrow Road was a 'football fan' rather than a 'clappy day tripper'.

Surely you remember Smudger and the abuse he took? Why would anyone bother to help those that aren't prepared to help themselves again?

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The first to target should be those with 1,000 shares to stump up as they can obviously afford it.

Good idea. I'm also thinking that to increase revenue and the playing budget, we should increase season ticket prices to a flat £50 per game, £950 seems about right for a Premier product. We'd also need to look to generate more from exiled fans so memberships will have to go up for non-season ticket holders. It's only fair, we're all in this together, fans that just go away are generating nothing for the club and just paying into the coffers of our rivals so I reckon £500 for an away membership for non-ST holders seems fair. 

1 minute ago, Nora's Ghost said:

I was but things were very different back then when the average 'attendee' at Carrow Road was a 'football fan' rather than a 'clappy day tripper'.

Surely you remember Smudger and the abuse he took? Why would anyone bother to help those that aren't prepared to help themselves again?

Smudger is a ****

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Smudger is a ****

He possibly was and maybe you knew/know him but others have also tried to unseat the owners and got nowhere.

Only natural causes will see the end of the Smith and Jones stranglehold and we had all better get used to it.

5 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

He possibly was and maybe you knew/know him but others have also tried to unseat the owners and got nowhere.

Only natural causes will see the end of the Smith and Jones stranglehold and we had all better get used to it.

Others this and others that.

Where's your gumption?

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Canaries Trust have taken 20 years to accumulate just over 3,000 shares by purchases and by supporters donating some so good luck with the purchase of 327,000 owned by D&M which is 53% of the shares in circulation.

I knew this forum was missing something this festive time, and there it is - a totally gratuitous slagging-off of the Canaries Trust.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

I knew this forum was missing something this festive time, and there it is - a totally gratuitous slagging-off of the Canaries Trust.

And as sure as night follows day there you are answering a post on their behalf so what part of my factually correct statement is slagging them off ?

2 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Look back over the years and see how all attempts to 'protest' have been drowned out and ridiculed by the Smith and Jones loyalists.

The pair of them will stay in position for as long as they choose and for as long as the stands are at least three quarters full. That is the sad situation for us Norwich fans so forget the banners and marches that will only entrench them further.

What attempts? Since the St Andrews Hall meeting well over a decade ago the only 'protest' I can remember being talked about was the farce of a plan to fly a Delia Out banner over Carrow Road. Which was rightly ridiculed when it never happened.

Absolutely nothing is stopping you and all the other posters here who want a change of ownership from getting organised to try to make that happen. Absolutely nothing that is apart from bone idleness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

And as sure as night follows day there you are answering a post on their behalf so what part of my factually correct statement is slagging them off ?

Actually that is factually incorrect. I usually cannot be bothered to reply every time you try to besmirch the Trust, because you do it so often and so tediously. I did so this time because your 'link' was just as tenuous as usual and I had a spare thirty seconds on my hands.

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't think it would be feasible at this level of the game personally, and we'll still need to be "self funded".

What about the level below from the summer? 

6 hours ago, Herman said:

I think this is about right. Also adding the difficulty on deciding how the club is run.

I could see an expanded version of TvB's Pinkun polls sorting out any big issues. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually that is factually incorrect. I usually cannot be bothered to reply every time you try to besmirch the Trust, because you do it so often and so tediously. I did so this time because your 'link' was just as tenuous as usual and I had a spare thirty seconds on my hands.

I wonder if BK8 would be interested in buying the club?

It sounds like a terrible idea, we would need to have a a clear decision making structure, and if you look at this forum it is rare that we all agree.  On top of that more difficult structure we would still need to be self funded, so there is no more money going to be available, unless we found a 1000 fans who were to send several thousand pounds each into the club every year, even then that would only be an extra million per year, and the fans would always want more.  If we were happy as a league 1 club that structure might work.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The first to target should be those with 1,000 shares to stump up as they can obviously afford it.

I am sure that all such shareholders that did this last time did so from being somewhere on the spectrum of wealth on one hand and being a fan on the other. 

On average I think I can fairly say that I was more of the latter. Taking Duncan Edwards figures if I did the same thing again I would be making 122 times the average contribution.

Would I do it again? I would certainly have a hard time convincing the missus that it was a good idea. Then again if I thought it was a genuine way to solve the current problems and other supporters would appreciate it then maybe.

The only thing worse than a self funded club owned by a couple of know nothings would be a self funded club owned by 40,000 know nothings. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The only thing worse than a self funded club owned by a couple of know nothings would be a self funded club owned by 40,000 know nothings. 

Agreed.  What we need is an unscrupulous far-eastern online betting company to buy us out.

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Good idea. I'm also thinking that to increase revenue and the playing budget, we should increase season ticket prices to a flat £50 per game, £950 seems about right for a Premier product. We'd also need to look to generate more from exiled fans so memberships will have to go up for non-season ticket holders. It's only fair, we're all in this together, fans that just go away are generating nothing for the club and just paying into the coffers of our rivals so I reckon £500 for an away membership for non-ST holders seems fair. 

See my previous response to Tilly.

Maybe there is method in your madness? Away membership for season ticket holders is ridiculous. £500 ditto. 40,000 contributors? Then again why not charge Away or International members £100 upwards for Associate Membership given they don't otherwise contribute to Club funds?

Perhaps the idea of an annual maintenance fee isn't totally out of it's tree. Think of horse racing syndicates, then again they do get some perks such as the parade ring etc.

Some of these ideas might work if promoted in the right way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

See my previous response to Tilly.

Maybe there is method in your madness? Away membership for season ticket holders is ridiculous. £500 ditto. 40,000 contributors? Then again why not charge Away or International members £100 upwards for Associate Membership given they don't otherwise contribute to Club funds?

Perhaps the idea of an annual maintenance fee isn't totally out of it's tree. Think of horse racing syndicates, then again they do get some perks such as the parade ring etc.

Some of these ideas might work if promoted in the right way.

How about mandating that members and season ticket holders bequeath a minimum of 10% of their estate to the Club?  Optional for casual supporters.

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Perhaps that is why Purple's idea is more sensible.

I wonder how much D&M would really be prepared to sell each percentage point of their shareholding? At £10 million investment we would say around £200,000, at say £100  million valuation  around £2 million. I wonder if there would be willing buyers and sellers if they sold two thirds of their holdings to 2 new directors say 17 per cent each for around £10 million each?

There would then be a board of 4 interests with equal holdings, maybe 5 board members if D&M both retained their holdings.

The remaining and existing  30 per cent minority share also requires some updating with perhaps 2 Board members to represent it.

At least there would be some freshness and challenge on board.

• Like 1

Lotus is owned (ultimately) by Li Shufu, a Chinese billionaire whose Geely motor company once sponsored Guangzhou FC. He is 58 years old and worth $26bn.

He has publicly said he will not get involved in football again until he can be sure it isn't corrupt, but apart from that.....

Our ideal next owner?

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

it is not factually incorrect and you cannot post anything to contradict what i have stated in order to continue your agenda against whatever i post with regard to the Trust because if you could you would not hestitate to correct me.

I see you have not qualified that i was ' slagging them off '  in my post and decided i have now ' besmirched' them.

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't think it would be feasible at this level of the game personally, and we'll still need to be "self funded".

Yeah, it doesn't exactly move us forwards apart from those who believe Delia is blocking any offers for the club would get a chance to see how good these initial levels of interest are.

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

What attempts? Since the St Andrews Hall meeting well over a decade ago the only 'protest' I can remember being talked about was the farce of a plan to fly a Delia Out banner over Carrow Road. Which was rightly ridiculed when it never happened.

Absolutely nothing is stopping you and all the other posters here who want a change of ownership from getting organised to try to make that happen. Absolutely nothing that is apart from bone idleness.

If ever I need your permission to protest or not to protest I'll let you know.

In the meantime.