simmo_2

Season Ticket 2022/23, 15k tops

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

My guesstimate is that all season tickets will be sold out.

Mine too. Ultimately we will either pull off an unexpected survival and be in the PL, or (more likely) be expecting another  promotion tilt in the Champs - either way, I expect full crowds again.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Mine too. Ultimately we will either pull off an unexpected survival and be in the PL, or (more likely) be expecting another  promotion tilt in the Champs - either way, I expect full crowds again.

I think the notion of us either being in the PL or automatically 'expecting another promotion tilt' may be a tad fanciful. Nothing lasts for ever and fans expectation of biennial promotion (or meaningful attempt thereat) is likely to be an example. With the enormous rebuilding job ahead of us, I fear some seasons of Chumpionship may be our fate.   

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

I think the notion of us either being in the PL or automatically 'expecting another promotion tilt' may be a tad fanciful. Nothing lasts for ever and fans expectation of biennial promotion (or meaningful attempt thereat) is likely to be an example. With the enormous rebuilding job ahead of us, I fear some seasons of Chumpionship may be our fate.   

How likely it is is pretty much irrelevant - it is what most people would be expecting: any relegated side would appear among the favourites for promotion. 

For me the league we are in/where we are in it is largely irrelevant to whether I will renew.  

39 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

For me the league we are in/where we are in it is largely irrelevant to whether I will renew.  

Thats how I have always felt.

You have to experience the really bad as it is now, to enjoy the really good like 2018/19. 

Get the feeling we might be heading for a bit break from Carrow Rd though, which might complicate the pricing and timing.

15 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

He seems to have forgotten our season in league 1 and a full house every home game. We are not fickle Ipswich fans, we are diehard Norwich fans. 

I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous comment. When we went down to league one the club did a good job of building optimism and signed a boat load of new players to generate interest. If you think attendances would've remained had we not improved after Colchester, you're quite frankly delusional.

As a club, the owners have benefitted from Norwich's yo, yo status. It keep things fresh, constantly provides new challenges, and generates interest. If we go a couple of seasons of Championship mediocracy, attendances will fall. 

Carrow road is also an ageing fanbase. Not being able to get more newer and younger supporters inside Carrow Road, will be a problem for the club in the next 5-10 years. 

16 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

He seems to have forgotten our season in league 1 and a full house every home game. We are not fickle Ipswich fans, we are diehard Norwich fans. 

Think almost 30000 at Ipswich game a few weeks back

It’s really only since the old South Stand was rebuilt that season tickets and full houses started, prior to that I didn’t have a season ticket just membership as I used to play and only got to a few games each season, we averaged between 13-16k back in those days.

I stopped our season tickets a few years back now, fell out of love with the whole experience, travelling 70 mile round trip, having to get into the city early to get parked then the changes to Barclay lounges to steel table and chairs, crap beer and really poor food meant we would be in the city centre till game time.

I can buy casual tickets and get to a few games which I enjoy as it’s not a biweekly must do anymore. Each to their own as I say.

On 29/12/2021 at 00:25, simmo_2 said:

The club have totally lost the fans and and 15k is the maximum i reckon will renew tickets.  No one seems to care anymore. I pay £1800 every year for myself and wife. She hates going now, we in lounge with tvs go off before match, turned off after match. The drinks served are terrible. 

2002 play off final was the start,  2021/22 premiership was the end. 

£1800.....you must be in the good seats then 😂

4 hours ago, Indy said:

It’s really only since the old South Stand was rebuilt that season tickets and full houses started, prior to that I didn’t have a season ticket just membership as I used to play and only got to a few games each season, we averaged between 13-16k back in those days.

I stopped our season tickets a few years back now, fell out of love with the whole experience, travelling 70 mile round trip, having to get into the city early to get parked then the changes to Barclay lounges to steel table and chairs, crap beer and really poor food meant we would be in the city centre till game time.

I can buy casual tickets and get to a few games which I enjoy as it’s not a biweekly must do anymore. Each to their own as I say.

Yes, for our first ever game in Europe at home to Vitesse Arnhem we only had 16k.  I remember being surprised at the time that more didn’t come, but as you say crowds of that number (and fewer) were the norm back then.

On 29/12/2021 at 00:25, simmo_2 said:

he club have totally lost the fans and and 15k is the maximum i reckon will renew tickets. 

Sometimes I wish, there was a facility whereby we could have a bet with some posters - I think that there are fortunes to be made, although I suspect that many wouldn't be prepared to back what they say!

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sometimes I wish, there was a facility whereby we could have a bet with some posters - I think that there are fortunes to be made, although I suspect that many wouldn't be prepared to back what they say!

Make some offers Badger, snare the gullible in.