simmo_2

Season Ticket 2022/23, 15k tops

The club have totally lost the fans and and 15k is the maximum i reckon will renew tickets.  No one seems to care anymore. I pay £1800 every year for myself and wife. She hates going now, we in lounge with tvs go off before match, turned off after match. The drinks served are terrible. 

2002 play off final was the start,  2021/22 premiership was the end. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Anyone translate this to English?

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Anyone translate this to English?

What don’t you understand, please explain?

• Like 1

Firstly how its only taken you 20 years to reach your conclusion. 

The rest baffles me too.

Edited by Greavsy

Just now, Greavsy said:

Firstly how's its only taken you 20 years to reach your conclusion. 

The rest baffles me too.

Just now, Greavsy said:

The rest baffles me too.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

The rest baffles me too.

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

The rest baffles me too.

You are obviously not a long term fan. But 20 years ago there was about 12k season ticket holders and after play off final it doubled. Do you now understand?

Feel free not to renew, it’s your choice - my son would love a season ticket and I’m sure most if not all gaps will be filled.  As others have said, it’s odd that it has taken you 20 years to realise you don’t like something you spend so much on.  

All the gaps Boxing Day was only the start. You Son will be able to sit exactly where he wants next season.!

31 minutes ago, simmo_2 said:

You are obviously not a long term fan. But 20 years ago there was about 12k season ticket holders and after play off final it doubled. Do you now understand?

I think I understand more than you do the quote feature. Just guessing........

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Feel free not to renew, it’s your choice - my son would love a season ticket and I’m sure most if not all gaps will be filled.  As others have said, it’s odd that it has taken you 20 years to realise you don’t like something you spend so much on.  

I think he’s far from alone in feeling that way, and it’s really not hard to see why.  I fully expect that your son will have a wide choice of where to sit next season.

No chance! Too many people love the way the club is run, it’s geriatric alcoholic owners and it’s fabled Director of Football who is sought the world over.

Until the regulars turn we are stuck with this model and the crap football it gives us.

Carrow road will be full next season, as it always is, there will be people who have had enough, but there's always plenty to take their place. I wouldn't read too much into empty seats over Christmas, not with the current COVID situation. 

6 hours ago, simmo_2 said:

All the gaps Boxing Day was only the start. You Son will be able to sit exactly where he wants next season.!

The gaps Boxing Day were down to Covid/weather/family commitments IMO and we will still sell 20k season tickets next season

Edited by city4eva

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

Carrow road will be full next season, as it always is, there will be people who have had enough, but there's always plenty to take their place. I wouldn't read too much into empty seats over Christmas, not with the current COVID situation. 

And that is the problem. Places will be taken by part timer happy clappy cultist fans snd the atmosphere will get even worse and the owners will see the continued high ticket sales as an endorsement. 

• Like 1

In some ways we need new younger fans to rejuvenate things. It was like a morgue Boxing Day and some of the geriatrics needed a good poke to check they were still with us.

It's pretty clear you'll be buying a ticket for the Championship now so another price freeze would be welcome and justified.

I only go to the football for the social occasion now and providing the club doesn't take the **** with the pricing I expect me and my friendship will claim our seats.

I expect numbers renewing will be slightly down though.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

And that is the problem. Places will be taken by part timer happy clappy cultist fans snd the atmosphere will get even worse and the owners will see the continued high ticket sales as an endorsement. 

100% correct. Nowhere else would this situation be tolerated in as far as total, craven Stalinist deference to 'the owners' is concerned. Cook world is very simple - her whole philosophy as far as Norwich fans are concerned is .............'pay up, turn up and shut up'  Back in the Worthy era (when his reign was disintegrating) I attended a fans forum in Diss and had the temerity to suggest that the managers time was up. After the session finished, I was hanging around chatting to some guys and the Cook entourage swept pass. She recognised me, paused and glared at me with utter contempt before moving on. It was a chilling experience. That is the so called 'cuddly, true fan' owner we have had for 25 years.      

10 hours ago, simmo_2 said:

The club have totally lost the fans and and 15k is the maximum i reckon will renew tickets.  No one seems to care anymore. I pay £1800 every year for myself and wife. She hates going now, we in lounge with tvs go off before match, turned off after match. The drinks served are terrible. 

By paying £1800 for two tickets i guess you sit in a lounge in the City Stand giving you access to tea and biccies plus a programme ?

Move a few rows down the stand and save yourselves about £600 and forget about the ' free ' refreshments.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, simmo_2 said:

Surely you get decent prawn sandwiches for £1800 a season? 😂  Sorry but I only qualified for my old git concessionary price for the first time last season after having an ST for 40 years.  So I can know watch for what it cost me back in 2005.  I don't have a cosy lounge to sit in and I sing and rant in the Lower Barclay as much as I did in 1967.  Once a fan, always a fan - I bet Lil Kemp wouldn't have bottled it!!!!

50 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

By paying £1800 for two tickets i guess you sit in a lounge in the City Stand giving you access to tea and biccies plus a programme ?

Move a few rows down the stand and save yourselves about £600 and forget about the ' free ' refreshments.

Sorry but that’s terrible advice. The further down the stand you move, the nearer you are to the pitch.

At the moment I would suggest trying the back row of the upper tier in either the Barclay or Regency. That way you can’t see clearly just how sh1t we are at the moment 😉😉

32 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

Once a fan, always a fan - I bet Lil Kemp wouldn't have bottled it!!!!

What a statement. Well said. 

• Like 2

Fans are as obsessive about coveting their seats as they are their wives and husbands.

It will take something far more deadly than covid and Delia Smith to shift them.

Its surprised me how toxic the atmospheres become in Norwich areas of the grounds of late, there is a lot of fed up supporters. we were c rap 2 seasons ago which was painful but we all accepted the club the had to tread carefully and we were told that this season would be different. well at present we don't look capable of matching the 21 point total of 2 seasons ago.

Boxing day saw the most empty seats I've seen at Carrow Road for a many season, yes family dos and covid played a part but also people are finding it hard to motivate themselves while the team is so woeful.

With relegation as good as nailed on, many ST holders will be losing motivation to renew.

I’d be interested in re- renewing my season ticket. For various reasons I can’t make a lot of games. As a fully signed up cultist clapper I could do with sharing with someone, maybe a silent starrer. In all honesty I gave up my season ticket partly because I could not find anyone to take my place, as most people I know have drifted away from actually attending games. It’s not monetary with me, I just did not want the seat to go to waste. 

The ST cap of 22k approx will be met next season either in the summer or by December, what ever league we are in you can bet your last dollar on it. Carrow road has been left at the same attendance for many years and for good reason. Supply and demand. Everyone knows the minute we start to do well or hit the PL a waiting list appears and we sell out.

Put an extra 5k seats in (which I feel we should) and you may have a point ref attendances / ST renewals, but at the moment it's not the case and they will sell.

2 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Put an extra 5k seats in (which I feel we should)

Where do you propose these extras 5k seats are "put in" 

Agree with the rest though. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

I'm talking generally about an extension (at some point-should have been done by now). We need new blood in the ground for many reasons. Obviously they can not be fitted into the existing footprint.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Just infront of the goal at the River End. Might help keep the score down to 1 or 2 nil.

• Haha 1