Hoolahoop14

Couldn’t feel any worse about the club

And not one of you will do anything about it🤣 At least in the 80's and 90's we did something to let our feelings be known. The best you young un's can muster these days is a boo.🤣

Its painful at the moment, with a horrible, toxic atmosphere from the fans which is understandable cause this is the second top flight season in a row where the team is miles from being good enough to stay up yet other sides coming up manage to do it!

I said in another thread, I've never felt so disconnected to the club.

Yes, we've been in worst positions but it's been relative, we've had **** players, **** managers and being beaten by **** teams in League One.

But Christ this side (And the last Premier League side) are so toothless. It's so tedious and predictable. We're so weak and uncreative.

This was suppose to be the year we put it all together.  **** me, what a mess. Our recruitment couldn't have been more wrong if we tried. Wasted so much money on players who don't make our first 11 better and that's not a liberty we can take. We can't have £25-30 Million sat on the bench whilst we get drubbed week in week out.

Our best starting line up is weaker than that of last season 

After Leeds I made my mind up that it was time for a change, now I'm genuinely gutted Farkes gone, as atleast in someway I felt connected to the club by supporting him.

My biggest concern is that at this point I just cannot see us bouncing back next season. We have not sellable assets left, Aarons value is regressing game by game and our only other valuable player would be Todd but **** knows what's happened to that lad.

We cant keep plodding along with the Hanley's, Gibson's, McClean's and dare I say it, Teemu's

I've seen nothing from Idah, Dowell, Placheta or Tzolis to be confident that they can provide the goals we'd need.

We're about to have a long dissapointing last five months and a very interesting season break, where I feel we are at a real crossroad.

Edited by CDMullins

The problem with the no-investment (aka self-funding) model is that squad inflation causes you to sink progressively in 'real terms'. This is exacerbated as willing investors are gradually buying their way down the divisions.  At the moment, we are yo-yo-ing in and out of the prem, suffering weekly humiliation in our prem seasons owing to the gulf between prem and champs. We won't have to bear this for long - we will soon be able to enjoy a period of stability and competitiveness as a mid-table champs club, until we enter the next period of transition as the champs becomes more heavily invested.  Football has become a part of the hard-nosed entertainment industry, absorbed into the ecosystem of merch, hospitality, gambling etc. There is no room for enthusiasts.  Sooner or later, after the demise of S+J, we will attract an investor - unless we have become too unattractive by then.

Yes we’ve been at lower ebbs in terms of leagues snd quality of players and financially but this is a real danger moment for the club as fans are feeling it’s pointless and futile snd are becoming apathetic or actively not enjoying going. I don’t really remember feeling like that.

And or cones down to the fact that you only ever get a few of these opportunities and we’ve wasted every single one. We’ve not even managed to improve/expand the ground. We will be back in the championship with nearly all our “Crown Jewels” (all bought pre Webber by the way) sold and no “new heroes.” I’ve got no doubt we will challenge for top 6 but what is the point? What is the point of getting promoted just for another year of humiliation in order to financially prop up the Stowmarket Two and the value of their asset they picked up on the cheap. 

10 hours ago, WD40 said:

You can go back to the transfer threads from the beginning of this season, last season, and the last premier league season - and you will find myself and many others saying we need to recruit pace and power as that’s what the prem is all about. The only one that didn’t know it is Webber it seems!

Agreed - it’s been a long time staring us in the face yet we haven’t bolstered the attacking line apart from Rashica. The midfield is weak and we are bereft of ideas going forwards, simply blind to imagining 3-4 passes and moves ahead to create the openings in the opposition box. Let’s see what reaction we get in Jan and indeed what Dean Smith concludes from his 5 hour walk with the dog. 

10 hours ago, WD40 said:

You can go back to the transfer threads from the beginning of this season, last season, and the last premier league season - and you will find myself and many others saying we need to recruit pace and power as that’s what the prem is all about. The only one that didn’t know it is Webber it seems!

Normann

Just now, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Normann

Firstly Normann is not a defensive midfielder. Secondly he is out now for two months with the same injury he had last season so to rely on him was idiotic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

Firstly Normann is not a defensive midfielder. Secondly he is out now for two months with the same injury he had last season so to rely on him was idiotic.

Power / Pace!

6 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Power / Pace!

He’s not really that either. He’s a good player and probably one of only a couple of the signings who are good enough now.

What we really needed was some genuine athletes to give us more physicality. Look at that Palace squad. Full of power and pace. 

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Our only hope in January is if we can find two new central midfielders and a striker. 

Well, if we scrape together all of our spare cash to buy the players you suggest, we’d better start looking at National League level as that’s about all we’d be able to afford.

28 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Normann

Injured when we bought him, and a one player dependency is just as criminal. 

37 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Normann

Over-rated. Gives the ball away a lot, get's out of position.

Uselessly brittle.

As I have said in previous posts, there is no governance at the Club - no challenge to decisions made by the Webbers, whether player trading or ticketing/sponsorship and other issues impacting on fans.

The Webbers have no previous experience of running a football club so it is no surprise they make poor decisions.

The result is that our fans feels disenfranchised from their club, and that is combined with poor on pitch performance as a result of poor signings.

Sadly, it will likely continue to be a downward spiral unless addressed.

11 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Are you actually supporting the management team and owners. I’ve supported NCFC for 65 years, and the current regime beggars belief! I’ve seen some dross, but his lot tops the lot!

Yes I am. If you think struggling in the premiership is comparable to say the days of Roeder, Grant and Megson then you are not being objective.

The club is very healthy, even while the first team struggles.

7 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

As I have said in previous posts, there is no governance at the Club - no challenge to decisions made by the Webbers, whether player trading or ticketing/sponsorship and other issues impacting on fans.

The Webbers have no previous experience of running a football club so it is no surprise they make poor decisions.

The result is that our fans feels disenfranchised from their club, and that is combined with poor on pitch performance as a result of poor signings.

The poor decisions to sort out the finances, revolutionise the academy / sports facilities and gain promotion to the Premiership twice in three attempts? I’m sure there are plenty of clubs who would like them to make such poor decisions for them instead of us.

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

Yes I am. If you think struggling in the premiership is comparable to say the days of Roeder, Grant and Megson then you are not being objective.

The club is very healthy, even while the first team struggles.

But the first team is where the club is judged and what people pay money to see. I’ve congratulated Webber for changing the club’s academy and infrastructure, but where we need success to be competitive we’re not seeing it, and we’re being humiliated. It’s fine to apply this stoic attitude of “ignoring the noise” but not everyone is capable of that nor should they be expected to. 

15 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

The poor decisions to sort out the finances, revolutionise the academy / sports facilities and gain promotion to the Premiership twice in three attempts? I’m sure there are plenty of clubs who would like them to make such poor decisions for them instead of us.

I admire your confidence in the finances being sorted - I am not so sure looking at amounts owed and plummeting value of the squad. I guess we will see over the next 12 months if relegation does become a reality.

30 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

This is a very important point and the owners have a bit of “previous” for this with McNally. There need to be checks and balances but they seem happy to allow those they trust to have almost total control. 

11 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

I admire your confidence in the finances being sorted - I am not so sure looking at amounts owed and plummeting value of the squad. I guess we will see over the next 12 months if relegation does become a reality.

The squad value is still much higher than when they joined and it doesn’t bear thinking about us going through the COVID situation during previous regimes. We have suffered from COVID impact but generally the financials look stable.

30 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

But the first team is where the club is judged and what people pay money to see. I’ve congratulated Webber for changing the club’s academy and infrastructure, but where we need success to be competitive we’re not seeing it, and we’re being humiliated. It’s fine to apply this stoic attitude of “ignoring the noise” but not everyone is capable of that nor should they be expected to. 

This season has wilted away and mistakes have been made, but not being good enough to compete in the hardest league in the world is better than poking around mid table in the championship or even league 1. Lots of bigger clubs than us are stuck in that position. I’m not happy we have fallen away easily, especially when Brentford haven’t, but objectively this regime has been a success.

The problem is we have a glass ceiling and we just keep bashing up against it and it feels like as time goes on that ceiling gets thicker and thicker.

It stings because it isn't our fault- in a lot of ways the way we do things should be the envy of football. No debt, promotion of youth, not reliant on the whims of a billionaire or oil state, good fan engagement. But in reality we're the exception and it makes success above the Championship almost impossible.

It is tough sometimes to not take the 'if you can't beat them, join them' attitude.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I quite honestly dislike every single thing about this football club right now. From top to bottom, the club reeks. All the progress that has been made over the past 4/5 years has been lost, and it just isn’t coming back. A complete overhaul is needed.

We don’t deserve this. We were all told that this season would be different, that this time we actually had “a gun”, and we weren’t going to be the laughing stock of the Premier League again. I’m completely fed up with it, I really am. I’m as hardcore as they come, and my weekends usually revolve around supporting the club, but I’m done with it. I watched 10 minutes of today’s game and I quite simply couldn’t watch any more after that. We’re a complete joke. 

I can count on one hand the amount of players that I actually think are good enough to play for us, or at least actually want to play for us. Dean Smith quite clearly isn’t good enough to steer us out of this, and I don’t think he has what it takes to get us out of the Championship. Farke was a dreadful manager in the Premier League as we all know, and was sacked with good reason. Webber’s recruitment has been shambolic and in a just and normal world he would have also been sacked by now and shouldn’t be getting anywhere near a top job in the future. 

We’ve completely missed our chance at establishing ourselves at the top level and I fear we’re in for years of mediocre 2nd tier football.l, if not worse. There’s not a chance that the squad we have will be good enough to gain promotion next season, unless we spend another 50 million plus on players which we simply don’t have.

I haven’t felt lower as NCFC fan since 07/08, I’m just done with it. 

To be fair, being a Norwich fan, the number of good players you could count on one hand could easily be 9 or 10.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Normann is the best of what we obtained. 

He would barely get a place on the bench of most teams in the prem and could we even afford him? 

Apart from Aarons and maybe pukki nobody would get in a single starting eleven. 

Even compared to Brentford we are so far out of our depth in terms of power and pace it's hilarious. 

Edited by fredherring

4 hours ago, hertfordyellow said:

This season has wilted away and mistakes have been made, but not being good enough to compete in the hardest league in the world is better than poking around mid table in the championship or even league 1. Lots of bigger clubs than us are stuck in that position. I’m not happy we have fallen away easily, especially when Brentford haven’t, but objectively this regime has been a success.

When this pans out  (which wont be for another 3/4 years) we will be in a much bigger mess than pre-Webbers and it will be their fault.  Our player asset value will now be hugely reduced on an average basis, our medium term commitment to existing contracts will eat up the prem parachute payments and declining commercial revenue point to a BIG problem.  Webber has failed abysmally, much more so than Farke - the current travails under Deano simply point to the fact that it isn't the manager but the players brought in that have devastated the club.  I think Webber may regret his comment about what happened before his arrival with transfers - his mistakes have been much bigger and will be more long lasting.

The Stiowmarket Two have hung on too long and must also carry the can..  They should at least announce an intention to sell up before the atmosphere at home games becomes ugly for them 

19 hours ago, JayNCFC said:

It's run the way it is so the owners can cling onto it under no financial pressure and allow them to pass it down to another member of their family. it's being run in their best interests not ours.

THIS

Totally agree, it’s not the Smith’s club it’s ours. Time to get rid.

2 hours ago, City Stand Ultra said:

When this pans out  (which wont be for another 3/4 years) we will be in a much bigger mess than pre-Webbers and it will be their fault.  Our player asset value will now be hugely reduced on an average basis, our medium term commitment to existing contracts will eat up the prem parachute payments and declining commercial revenue point to a BIG problem.  Webber has failed abysmally, much more so than Farke - the current travails under Deano simply point to the fact that it isn't the manager but the players brought in that have devastated the club.  I think Webber may regret his comment about what happened before his arrival with transfers - his mistakes have been much bigger and will be more long lasting.

The Stiowmarket Two have hung on too long and must also carry the can..  They should at least announce an intention to sell up before the atmosphere at home games becomes ugly for them 

I disagree. The foundations for repeated chances at promotion are now there. We will constantly be producing talent that will bolster the squad value. To say Webber has failed abysmally is petty and devoid of logic.