Hoolahoop14

Couldn’t feel any worse about the club

I quite honestly dislike every single thing about this football club right now. From top to bottom, the club reeks. All the progress that has been made over the past 4/5 years has been lost, and it just isn’t coming back. A complete overhaul is needed.

We don’t deserve this. We were all told that this season would be different, that this time we actually had “a gun”, and we weren’t going to be the laughing stock of the Premier League again. I’m completely fed up with it, I really am. I’m as hardcore as they come, and my weekends usually revolve around supporting the club, but I’m done with it. I watched 10 minutes of today’s game and I quite simply couldn’t watch any more after that. We’re a complete joke. 

I can count on one hand the amount of players that I actually think are good enough to play for us, or at least actually want to play for us. Dean Smith quite clearly isn’t good enough to steer us out of this, and I don’t think he has what it takes to get us out of the Championship. Farke was a dreadful manager in the Premier League as we all know, and was sacked with good reason. Webber’s recruitment has been shambolic and in a just and normal world he would have also been sacked by now and shouldn’t be getting anywhere near a top job in the future. 

We’ve completely missed our chance at establishing ourselves at the top level and I fear we’re in for years of mediocre 2nd tier football.l, if not worse. There’s not a chance that the squad we have will be good enough to gain promotion next season, unless we spend another 50 million plus on players which we simply don’t have.

I haven’t felt lower as NCFC fan since 07/08, I’m just done with it. 

I said 3 or so months ago that psychologically this squad has totally lost its belief that it possesses goal threats and can actually cut it at this level. New manager bounce for Dean Smith for first 3 games then not even bang average since then. There is a serious overhaul needed now - to get those players out of the club which aren’t PL quality or have wrong mentality (Cantwell as prime example).

we need physicality and pace, we may be constrained by budgets but players within our price bracket do exist out there in Europe and beyond. We only have to look at Brentford and other modest PL clubs to realise it can be done. Fundamentally we have bought young promising individuals rather than understanding how their physicality, pace, mentality will work for the overall team. 

It does feel like we have sadly gone backwards. 

I wouldn’t speak so soon

It could a lot worse yet.

But I, and I’m going to use a big word here, feel Ambivalent. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

We were all told that this season would be different, that this time we actually had “a gun”, and we weren’t going to be the laughing stock of the Premier League again.

That's the worst part. They raised our expectations and then we have done worse than last time we were in the PL

Spot on. 

There are only so many chances you get at being a yo-yo team, and sooner or later we will end up stagnating in the middle of the Championship, with no Farke, no Webber and no money. 

I'm just bored of it all. We were told we wouldn't make the same mistakes and that we had learnt. We are even worse than ever. 

I agree. I am close to walking away. I am getting zero enjoyment out of this season (as was the case last time we were up), hate our club being a laughing stock and have no enthusiasm for another crack at this level under the current owners. 

23 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I quite honestly dislike every single thing about this football club right now. From top to bottom, the club reeks. All the progress that has been made over the past 4/5 years has been lost, and it just isn’t coming back. A complete overhaul is needed.

We don’t deserve this. We were all told that this season would be different, that this time we actually had “a gun”, and we weren’t going to be the laughing stock of the Premier League again. I’m completely fed up with it, I really am. I’m as hardcore as they come, and my weekends usually revolve around supporting the club, but I’m done with it. I watched 10 minutes of today’s game and I quite simply couldn’t watch any more after that. We’re a complete joke. 

I can count on one hand the amount of players that I actually think are good enough to play for us, or at least actually want to play for us. Dean Smith quite clearly isn’t good enough to steer us out of this, and I don’t think he has what it takes to get us out of the Championship. Farke was a dreadful manager in the Premier League as we all know, and was sacked with good reason. Webber’s recruitment has been shambolic and in a just and normal world he would have also been sacked by now and shouldn’t be getting anywhere near a top job in the future. 

We’ve completely missed our chance at establishing ourselves at the top level and I fear we’re in for years of mediocre 2nd tier football.l, if not worse. There’s not a chance that the squad we have will be good enough to gain promotion next season, unless we spend another 50 million plus on players which we simply don’t have.

Mr Chase knew how to create a feel-good factor in the top league, however uncomfortable this might be for some.

23 minutes ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

Fully with you here mate, the only way to change things is systemic change from the top of the club now. D&M have to sell up and let the next captain steer our ship. 

Stuck in the same old patterns. No signs of change or improvement, negligible new manager bounce, the infrastructure and organisational of the club lacking for the task at hand, no decent players and unable to get out of league one.... Oh wait.

Sorry to hear it OP. Not nice a feeling when you’re so invested especially in these topsy turvy times and the sh11te past 2 years. Hopefully a change will come soon, darkest hour is before dawn and all that. I appreciate it’s of little comfort but know you’re not alone! 

Edited by Danke bitte
Predicative text traps

When nepotism appears you know things are going wrong

the first sign things were about to go badly was the appointment of nepotism Tom, then letting the Webber’s run the day to day of the club

surrounding themselves with yes men doesn’t help either 

time for Ed Balls to come back and sort it out  

I share your despondency about our current situation but our future isn’t as bleak as you make out. Assuming all of the loan players return and we sell Cantwell and Aarons we will still be able to field a decent side. 

I actually think a starting x1 in the championship off krul, Byram/mumba , giannoulis Gibson, Hanley, Rupp, McClean, Tzolis, Rashica, Dowell, Pukki is strong

add maybe £20-25m for the two players and squad players of sorenson, less melou, Sargent, Idah, Hernandez, Hudgil, omabamadiele and Zimmerman and we still will be very competitive next season. Maybe not good enough but still probably a team where young talent (a la Skipp) will get sent on loan.

This is the purgatory really, good in champ, awful in prem but it now appears we almost have a mental block when coming up. 

Completely with you on this, Deliah and co have to go in my mind now and I just wish more fans where there on it with me.... We could actually make a noise. We are a complete laughing stock.

To move ourselves forwards in the current model, the likes of McLean, Hanley, Gibson and Rupp need to be moved on. We need to bring through big athletic younger players to build around, if it takes two or three seasons to build with the parachute money so be it. We must change our coach to the likes of Robins, someone on the up, not a failed nobody with a poor track record of being sacked by Villa and relegating us in the manner we’re currently going.

It showed the last two times up, Hanley is too slow in the footballing brain, Gibson isn’t good enough, Rupp & McLean aren’t the answer and to stay up we need to be able to compete not be brushed off the ball and out muscled by every team.

Build with a plan not try to react.

Edited by Indy

38 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Spot on. 

There are only so many chances you get at being a yo-yo team, and sooner or later we will end up stagnating in the middle of the Championship, with no Farke, no Webber and no money. 

I'm just bored of it all. We were told we wouldn't make the same mistakes and that we had learnt. We are even worse than ever. 

No money you say? I guess even in the future nothing changes

38 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

That's the worst part. They raised our expectations and then we have done worse than last time we were in the PL

Isn’t that par for the course for NCFC. I remember very well the statement ‘That (Chris) Sutton will not be sold! And we all know what happened!

and Webber states 

last time ‘he didn’t give the manager a gun.’ And we all know what happened

and he then sells our very best player to a rival, and recruits a bunch of misfits. And we all know what will happen next!

get used to it, it’s what NCFC do!

If there was anything sporty within walking distance of my house that had a little bit of atmosphere I'd be gone. Top level Football is rotten to the core,  it's a corporate entertainment not a sport. I thought we could rise above it but we're just like the rest, give a good man and good coach a **** squad (twice) and then sack him for other people's failings (Webber).

The football is ****, the club is clueless and the players look like they don't give a crap. I'm not a new fan, been a season ticket holder since the mid-90s. Regular away fan before I had kids at the turn of the last decade.

Never felt this bad about being a fan. It's all so pointless. I could take the family on a decent holiday every year for what I spend on it. Why am I bothering?

I don't even care about being in the Prem, I just want a club I can be proud of. I was two years ago, we went down easily but did so with an identity and with some pride. This season we're a laughing stock.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Then you are either 12 or have a short memory 

Are you actually supporting the management team and owners. I’ve supported NCFC for 65 years, and the current regime beggars belief! I’ve seen some dross, but his lot tops the lot!

Back in 2008 we had very little going for us and while yes it was terrible having nothing about us as a club and no players gave us something to build. We've built something this time and it's a shambles and now it's so depressing because we're now on a downward curve again after blowing our chance and it's going to get worse before it gets better having to rip up the foundations and start again.  

What annoys me most is that we've wasted yet another chance and I don't think we'll get another for a long time. It's not even so much a money thing, the whole footballing strategy is incompatible with the Premier League, with the playing squad we do things the literal polar opposite way you're meant to if you want to survive in the PL and it's so frustrating. I also dislike the way the club is being run, it isn't the right way or what is in it's best interests. It's run the way it is so the owners can cling onto it under no financial pressure and allow them to pass it down to another member of their family. it's being run in their best interests not ours.

I disagree with the popular opinion that we'll go down and have another promotion push with what's left of this squad. Most of the core group of players now know they're not good enough and will be moved on or unmotivated to come up again, the better players will be sold or will go back to their parent clubs, there is a huge malaise and toxic atmosphere in the stands and no team can perform in those circumstances and I don't believe the next crop of young lads including the big money signings are as good as the last group we had and plus the whole no money to spend thing which won't help. I'm looking at Sheff Utd this season and thinking that's going to be us next year.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

It's run the way it is so the owners can cling onto it under no financial pressure and allow them to pass it down to another member of their family. it's being run in their best interests not ours.

THIS

51 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree. I am close to walking away. I am getting zero enjoyment out of this season (as was the case last time we were up), hate our club being a laughing stock and have no enthusiasm for another crack at this level under the current owners. 

I totally agree the passion has gone. I walked in ground in on Boxing Day and thought why have I bothered, it’s upsetting to be honest. The happy clappers can’t back the club now. 😒

1 hour ago, Tommo said:

we need physicality and pace, we may be constrained by budgets but players within our price bracket do exist out there in Europe and beyond. We only have to look at Brentford and other modest PL clubs to realise it can be done. Fundamentally we have bought young promising individuals rather than understanding how their physicality, pace, mentality will work for the overall team. 

It does feel like we have sadly gone backwards. 

You can go back to the transfer threads from the beginning of this season, last season, and the last premier league season - and you will find myself and many others saying we need to recruit pace and power as that’s what the prem is all about. The only one that didn’t know it is Webber it seems!

The journeymen, the loans, the passionless... they walk away.

Two seasons of this display in the prem is a stain that doesn't wash out easily. Its the fans that have to wear that forever. To get it wrong, we can accept, we are a pretty accepting bunch.

The complete mismangement and spinelessness of it, that's what gets me. Nepotism and self preservation. Poor. I feel for Farke, for Smith and Shakey, I feel for players like Sorenson, Aarons, Pukki and Krul. We deserve so much better.

Edited by JayNCFC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, simmo_2 said:

I totally agree the passion has gone. I walked in ground in on Boxing Day and thought why have I bothered, it’s upsetting to be honest. The happy clappers can’t back the club now. 😒

I really had to drag myself to the game boxing day, never felt like that, not even in the 2006-2009 era. Even when we hit rock bottom and were relegated to league 1 there was optimism of starting again, a complete rebuild.

Right now I just feel like we're on purgatory with no escape until a change of ownership leads us to either heaven or hell. 

1 hour ago, Hoolahoop14 said:

I’m sorry but surely you are a fair weather fan then? 

i couldn’t feel any worse about the club when we lost 7-1 to Colchester on the opening day of league one (two leagues below the premier league in case you wondered)…we’re a long way from that 

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Mr Chase knew how to create a feel-good factor in the top league, however uncomfortable this might be for some.

😂😂😂..........That is the funniest thing I have heard for a while, thanks for cheering me up......😂😂😂..........