Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Our fans are a laughing stock…

Not all fans as I know some absolute legends who travel up and down the country to watch Norwich and sometimes (most of time at the moment) are not rewarded with three points or even a good performance 

but today I feel certain sections of our fan base let themselves down…badly

fake cheering goals and some absolute wet wipe running on the pitch interrupting a positive attack for Norwich?? It’s not big and it’s not clever and the latter of the two incidents above will land the club in hot water resulting in a fine 

I completely get the anger amongst our fan base but this sort of behaviour stinks of small club mentality and should not be tolerated 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pitch invaders deserve banning for a lengthy period. Let's pretend we've scored a goal is so embarrassing. But going to away games and watching that shambles takes its toll

'Let's pretend we scored a goal' was the most embarrassing thing I have ever witnessed. An embarrassment on the field and off it.

Fake cheering of goals? You want to have a go at those fans but not owners or a DOF that meant be fielded an entire team NEVER to have scored in the premier league. I am with them for spending their money watching that cr&p.

4 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

'Let's pretend we scored a goal' was the most embarrassing thing I have ever witnessed. An embarrassment on the field and off it.

It’s a coping mechanism that those who travelled today had every right to do if they so wished. 

• Like 3

It’s not their fault they’re not good enough. But is the fault who assembled the squad. Questions and ire should be directed towards them and what actually happened. Feel sorry for Smith. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

No need for that level of abuse in my opinion 

Really - after giving up a day to travel, paying for a ticket and coach, and the team dont turn up again!

I guess you would boo and maybe f@rt in their general direction...........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Really - after giving up a day to travel, paying for a ticket and coach, and the team dont turn up again!

I guess you would boo and maybe f@rt in their general direction...........

Ok, I hope you have a bad day at work and someone tells you to f*ck off then, see how you like it

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No need for that level of abuse in my opinion 

The problem is when you've had to put up with 2 consecutive seasons of utter dross (last season was behind closed doors obviously) everyone has a breaking point, i think our fans on the whole have shown incredible patience and restraint, you cant really blame them for snapping eventually. Enough is enough.

• Like 2

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Ok, I hope you have a bad day at work and someone tells you to f*ck off then, see how you like it

But the flip side is - when I have a good day no one cheers for me either.............

Perspective. 

Do you get cheered when you take a tray of buns out of the oven? (other than in your head!) 

It’s herd mentality, if you bumped into Ben Gibson in chapelfield next week will you march up to him and tell him to f*ck off to his face ?

• Like 1

Actually most other fans seem to think our fans were superb today in keeping their humour. 

It appears only the old fools on here are offended by humour and anger. 

Pathetic. 

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

It’s herd mentality, if you bumped into Ben Gibson in chapelfield next week will you march up to him and tell him to f*ck off to his face ?

Would you cheer at Pukki on a Monday if he was walking down The Walk,  after he scored on the preceding Saturday? 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Fake cheering of goals? You want to have a go at those fans but not owners or a DOF that meant be fielded an entire team NEVER to have scored in the premier league. I am with them for spending their money watching that cr&p.

It was a team of which no player has scored in in the Premier League this season Kenny but that’s almost as shocking really

1 minute ago, fredherring said:

Actually most other fans seem to think our fans were superb today in keeping their humour. 

It appears only the old fools on here are offended by humour and anger. 

Pathetic. 

That's just called being happy being patronised.

Just now, Greavsy said:

Would you cheer at Pukki on a Monday if he was walking down The Walk,  after he scored on the preceding Saturday? 

No surprise you don’t get the point 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No surprise you don’t get the point 

I think youre the one missing the point. 

Well done playing the poster again though! 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

I think the players got the message loud and clear at the end. It is clearly turning toxic.

Billy should have got this one too! 

The pitch invasion is the point where I personally draw the line. I don't mind booing after the game, although the issue I have with it is that it often hits everyone in the crossfire and not just the intended target. But "let's pretend we score a goal" was fairly funny, I thought.

Not as good as the epic from Magdeburg fans with arrows pointing at the net.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Greavsy said:

I think youre the one missing the point. 

Well dont playing the poster again though! 

Says the one who spends every day here playing posters. To use one of your favourite phrases, grow up

13 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not nice to hear but then we all laughed at the Ipswich fans venting their spleens at Charlton. Now it's our turn.

It is what it is. 

Really feel for the fans that are making the effort to attend matches at the moment. It's dreadful.

If other fans don't like it then they have every right to turn up and cheer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Helsinki canary said:

I think the players got the message loud and clear at the end. It is clearly turning toxic.

What's the point though? They're just not up to the job. Do the people abusing them for not being good enough think it will inspire them to up their game? Unnecessary toxic idiocy. 

• Like 4

I don’t blame our fans to cheering fake goal at all, the game was sh1t. Need to cheer ourselves up some how. I feel the players needed to come closer to the jeers at the end to understand what it feels like. I am fully a half glass empty at the moment with Norwich! It really isn’t good enough! Something has to change soon. 

Those who break the rules of the ground should be punished accordingly! Those who pay to travel and get this rubbish served up to them have the right to make their feelings known from the terraces. Be it ironically, booing or just plain angry I have no complaints about. The team, manager and clubs owners all get it, it’s only them who can turn things around and if they keep doing the same with the same results then they should expect what they got!

As for feeling sorry for Smith, not at all he’s being paid a massive sum of money to deliver better results, he knew what he has here and as far as I’m concerned his grace period is over, I want to see a proper performance with effort and organised performance, an identity on how we plan and not the shower of ****e we’ve seen in five games.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2