Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Next season

Is anyone else thinking the damage is so deep rooted from this absolute disaster that we might actually see a double relegation? 

I’m with you Lakey, Smith has no track record of promotion without loaning massive names in big budgets and then only just scraping the promotion with the best squad in the championship with Villa.

The team that starts the next season wont look remotely like the one that started the champs and most of the players wont know the rigours of the division. The scars of losing each week will take some time to heal. We've previously had the stand out player of the division which was Buendia and Smith had Grealish at his disposal. I don't see that player in this current squad. 

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can Smith do what Farke did and turn a losing mentality into a winning one from day one of the new season?  Maybe, but I'd be more confident if we still had Farke.

I think Smith might walk before then. 

18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can Smith do what Farke did and turn a losing mentality into a winning one from day one of the new season?  Maybe, but I'd be more confident if we still had Farke.

Farke had the best team in the leage last year. We wont have players like Skip, and Boueneia next year. Farke had 1 miracle year, nothing more.

Farke is gone, dont think it mathers if we have Farke ore DS next season

I think we will be top 6 Next season, but no promotion 

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I think Smith might walk before then. 

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I thought after shaking the oppositions managers hand at the end of the match, Smith threw his hands in the air whilst looking at our board in the crowd

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I’m glad Farke isn’t here because he doesn’t deserve the pain and anger

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Olano said:

Farke had the best team in the leage last year. We wont have players like Skip, and Boueneia next year. Farke had 1 miracle year, nothing more.

Farke is gone, dont think it mathers if we have Farke ore DS next season

I think we will be top 6 Next season, but no promotion 

I assume you mean 2018/19, while in 20/21 he had the best players so he just had to turn up? Sorry, that's not the way the Championship works.

37 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I thought after shaking the oppositions managers hand at the end of the match, Smith threw his hands in the air whilst looking at our board in the crowd

I hope he did, and i hope they noticed. Always think they look smug when the cameras pan into them *apart from when we were beating Brentford, everyone was excited, but they looked like they were going to a funeral, farkes as it turned out

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I assume you mean 2018/19, while in 20/21 he had the best players so he just had to turn up? Sorry, that's not the way the Championship works.

Yes, 2018/19

Farke did a good job in the championship in 20/21. But other teams was strugling with covid efects and loos of income. I think DS will do a good job in the same way Farke would have done. 

Only a prolonged spell in the Championship will create any excitement in a promotion drive now.

Or new owners with a bit of drive and ambition to be more than a small club handing out three free points every week.

If I was Dean Smith, and with a bunch of idiots blaming him for one of the worse squads in premiership history, I'd walk. Then who would want to take us on, knowing that even if they did get us promoted, they would have their reputation ruined as the resources at their disposal would not be sufficient for them to succeed.

The only change that will make any difference is a change in ownership and resource.

Best bet we start afresh with a skeleton squad to bolster with our own academy players who can step up and sell/loan out some of flops Webber bought in. Smith can try and mould something of his own vision. 

We then need to spend a few seasons developing a new brand of football and try again. 

Farke’s Guardiola lite didn’t work in the Prem, so as nice as it was to watch in the Champ, we ran out of road when we got promoted. 

Our problem has been impatiently getting promoted the last few seasons then running around like a headless chicken when we get there.