Rhino1

Taxi for Gilmour

Billy Gilmour should not be the scapegoat, it's not his fault that we are p1$$ poor. Gunn is poor, we can't defend, our midfield lacks the strong defensive players needed, we have one centre forward. The players we all hoped were going to be good enough are not.

Forget he played with Chelsea if he was one of your youth breaking through the ranks and if he was not Scottish. I bet you would feel different.

Get a player who compliments him you will see the difference. Run about make passes spray ball left to right right to left but no end product is not his fault , how many players have I seen at my team get abuse to then go on and do better with other teams ????

8 minutes ago, Getagrip said:

Get a player who compliments him you will see the difference. Run about make passes spray ball left to right right to left but no end product is not his fault , how many players have I seen at my team get abuse to then go on and do better with other teams ????

I agree that if he is trying his best the comments should not get personal, although I think it is the gap between his reputation and what he produces which annoys me, and then when I watch the game and see Billy getting star ratings on the bbc website which bear no resemblance to his performance it is annoying.  

Sadly Billy has not played well for us, and the loan has not worked out well for either party.  Billy looks light weight and naive - if there is a top class player in there I have not seen it - but Harry Kane didn’t have a successful loan here either.  I suspect most people on this forum compare him with Olly Skipp, and I would swap the two players in a heart beat.  On top of that he is only here on loan so it is his current performance levels which matter to us.

Ok I watch football as much as you , let's go for it next geme against Leicester ,if he is one who is not giving a **** then I'll come on here and say not good enough but if you have 7 players who don't give a **** and he is one who does then I reserve the right to defend him . Football is about effort and commitment for the cause, survival or promotion it's a cause , your team is fighting for its life ? And If you see a player not up for that fight then yess vilify but do not pick on the guy who tries and gives his all because it's an easy out. Come on Norwich loads o points to play for get ****ing behind every single one o them , and when you know you gave your all and you know who never gave enough then yes it's time to blame but now yes now is no time for excuses now is time to fight every game every point is now 

Also you need to get it into your head that Billy Gilmour is not our best player. If he was, he would have actually done something of note by now. 

He has done f**k all. 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

I said it in another thread but thought today's game was Gilmour's best in a Norwich shirt

he put himself about, won his fair share of tackles and always looked to get us on the front foot. The problem is he is surrounded by sub standard players, and other kids his own age who look a bit lost against seasoned pros

The problem is the things he does do which he should. To be a Premier League central midfielder requires more than just 'putting one's self about'. You have to read the game and take up the right position to be the fulcrum of the team in both attack and defence.

If you think he had a good game then you missed his failure to do the basics at key moments in the first half. It's not about the general picture of the game overall, just the specific mistakes which leave us exposed. Most of this happens off the ball.

The main reason I'm on here is this , that video clip that's **** and it does make it look like you blame one guy for your demise and comes across anti Scottish , he is not god not Messi or Ronaldo he has talent and he will give you what he has ,he can be a Messi or Ronaldo he is young he had potential, but you can also ruin a future prospect you can influence a young potential in a negative way ,right now you need to put less on his shoulders get behind him and every single player in your team . The older heads in the team the ones with experience they are the ones who make your Gillmores not Gillmore makes them 

10 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Also you need to get it into your head that Billy Gilmour is not our best player. If he was, he would have actually done something of note by now. 

He has done f**k all. 

With the team around him what u saying how many chances can he create but you striker don't score, you skin or split passes galore but if ure teammates are **** is it your fault? What u expecting from him ?

7 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The problem is the things he does do which he should. To be a Premier League central midfielder requires more than just 'putting one's self about'. You have to read the game and take up the right position to be the fulcrum of the team in both attack and defence.

If you think he had a good game then you missed his failure to do the basics at key moments in the first half. It's not about the general picture of the game overall, just the specific mistakes which leave us exposed. Most of this happens off the ball.

Ffsake he is not Messi he did not ask to be put in a Norwich team and be expected to be the Messiah he's a young boy breaking through in football

For me, the lad is obviously technically gifted just playing in a sub standard team. That being said he is far too powder-puff and really is no more than a luxury player in this league. He would of done better going to do a loan in Holland or Scotland imo.

I am just praying for 3 or 4  6ft plus athletes to fill our midfield....and a couple of strikers who know where the net is.

I can but dream.

1962 or 1985  **** the premier League now, **** mega million pound glory hunting bastards,you are Norwich you will never be them and you don't need to be them  just don't lower standards and take away the pride you have being you. I was actually looking forwards to going to carow road, but I would struggle to witness that **** ,

Ok I'll disappear now but all I say to you all , watch the effort watch the committment and ability, if you have any players giving  less than 100% effort on the park then that's the players that you should be questioning, as while you vilify a boy who is giving that 100% then  that player gets away with it. 

1 hour ago, Getagrip said:

His bro was a no bad player lol lol come on guys, I support a shot team in Scotland I hate the old firm the Celtic the rangers I support a shot team but I love that team and the big results against the Celtic or rangers make life worth living, get behind your team every ****ing one of them now , you will have ups and downs but don't make players who actually give a **** feel like they don't belong comeon

How about you mind your own business.

Gilmour keeps getting knocked off the ball by physically stronger players, I'm sure he's talented but he's a liability in tis side. Perhaps he should go on loan to the Eredivisie, where he won't stand out as being physically inept. I'm sure he has a good future in the game but I can't see that being in the Premier League personally, he's got the exact same problem Moritz Leitner had.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How about you mind your own business.

Gilmour keeps getting knocked off the ball by physically stronger players, I'm sure he's talented but he's a liability in tis side. Perhaps he should go on loan to the Eredivisie, where he won't stand out as being physically inept. I'm sure he has a good future in the game but I can't see that being in the Premier League personally, he's got the exact same problem Moritz Leitner had.

All I say to you is this,in three years time come back here review that. Give the boy players around him he will shine, you should not be looking at a kid to bully the opposition, let your big hard guys do that ?  You don't get it at all do you scapegoat Billy is not your issue .

Give him space and time he will use it ,if you can't manage team around that then potty you , he wil pass,collect ,pass,impose ,look be careful what you wish for his demise is your lack of understanding of football,he will come good where he is respected, if you wanna blame all your downfalls on Billy go ahead , but you know and I know and any football thinking mind knows your problems lie deeper than him

He needs ball passed to him from a team willing to win , not him a boy developing expected to win the ball . Ffsake man use players to their strength. Surely you have players willing or able to do more ? What's fun now is to watch your players who give no **** put it all on Billy the scapegoat

Can I ask you to look at your ****ing players in next game , and ask yourself who on that park gave it their all? Forget who they are where they come from etc just who gives a fk. Because if you are blind to who actually gives a **** then you are ****ed .

I'm not on the Billy Gillmore band wagon , he is developing learning understanding,he has his faults his stature etc but look at Messi , not comparing but look, he is not your clubs fall guy, your fall guy is more than him , all I say to you is this ,make Billy the fall guy, then the ones who give less than 100@%  get away with it , imagine you are a player young talented and all the ****ing weight of the world put on your shoulders??? How would you like it if your the blame for a **** season, not Hanley not the fact your possession stats is **** , not the fact your defense is ****, but your promising midfielder who can't get a game for Chelsea is playing **** and not scoring loads ffsake . He's a ****ing lad ,,,,, I could say more but **** it he will say it himself

• Like 1

Expectation: Chelsea legend(a boy)l: you expect worldies , player or the week , goals galore, win all the time because Billy scored, or set them up.

Reality: player who tries, sometimes barged off ball as he's doing work others should be doing, setting up strikers who miss a higher percentage than most in EPL. Only one who really looks like he gives a ****.teyes to switch play left right right left? Billy needs players around him ,is he trying?

• Like 1

I don't understand why Getagrip comes onto this forum and starts getting all William Wallace about things. "I'm Scottish and proud, you're English and proud" - ????....OK then lol

What does a (seemingly much-celebrated) 0-0 draw 6 months ago at Wembley have to do with Gilmour not being very good for Norwich?

How the hell is that video of Norwich fans telling him to go back to Chelsea anti-Scottish? Most people couldn't care less that he comes from Scotland.

Hopefully Getagrip found himself a comfortable park bench last night to sleep off the drink. If not, it means someone's unlocked a public toilet somewhere this morning and found him upside down in one of the cubicles (again).

Bizarre character. Is this what most SNP voters are like?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

I don't understand why Getagrip comes onto this forum and starts getting all William Wallace about things. "I'm Scottish and proud, you're English and proud" - ????....OK then lol

What does a (seemingly much-celebrated) 0-0 draw 6 months ago at Wembley have to do with Gilmour not being very good for Norwich?

How the hell is that video of Norwich fans telling him to go back to Chelsea anti-Scottish? Most people couldn't care less that he comes from Scotland.

Hopefully Getagrip found himself a comfortable park bench last night to sleep off the drink. If not, it means someone's unlocked a public toilet somewhere this morning and found him upside down in one of the cubicles (again).

I am going to hazard a guess at him being a Rangers fan and this very much not an SNP voter.

Ive thought about it, slept on it and come to the conclusion

F&(k Billy Gilmour, he’s f@&£Ing crap, and he’s in good company.

• Like 1

As I have said before. I do hope that those who moan so much about our players have played plenty of games at a good standard in local football. Or are these people ( who moan ) not crossed a white line onto a football pitch since school. I know you pay a lot of good money, and we have freedom of speech, But,. Billy Gilmour is a young lad, potentially very very good, but learning. He will look good in a better team. My say is that he was the wrong signing for this season. We needed experience in the spine of the team.Billy Gilmour will learn a lot from this season, & Chelsea will benefit. Either by him making it, or selling him for a profit. 

This surely has to be up there as one of our most embarrassing threads.

a young 20 year old boy trying his hardest for Norwich and we turn on him. 

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Unfortunately 'yes'. In typical SNP world, EVERYTHING that might be 'wrong' in Scotland is ALWAYS the fault of the English.  

I agree with everything getagrip has said - Gilmour was the best player on the park yesterday. Looked calm and composed every time he got the ball, his distribution was great and got stuck right in for all the 50/50 battles he was in.

A prime Zinedine zidane couldn’t stop Norwich from going down this season so I think you all need to drop your anti Scottish agenda and get off Billy’s back a bit because he could do far better for himself than playing for relegation fodder like Norwich.

25 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Unfortunately 'yes'. In typical SNP world, EVERYTHING that might be 'wrong' in Scotland is ALWAYS the fault of the English.  

And in typical unionist word everything wrong that goes on in Scotland is the fault of the SNP. Have a look at George Galloways Twitter feed yesterday for a prime example.