Rhino1

Taxi for Gilmour

I will pay for it myself to take him back to Chelsea, talented but lightweight in the extreme, there is space for the Mayor and Idah ( who I don’t get, adds nothing) - drop them off at Snetterton on the way to London, they would just about get in their team. Drab, clueless and talentless and Farke took the fall for Webbers nice guy well dodgy signings!!! 

• Like 1

I'd agree with sending Gilmour back - he's just not what we need. There's a player in there, but not what we need so start letting Sörensen play in defensive midfield. Same with Williams - might as well keep Giannoulis in the team and developing him. 

• Like 1

Our midfield of Gilmour, Mclean & PLM looks absolutely awful. We need better than all 3.  Sargent has been given half a season. Tzolis doesn't look like he's going to come good this season.

Thought Idah looked non threatening throughout, and isn't ever going to push Pukki 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Just laughable the hype around this bang average mid table championship footballer. 

He's clearly far too lightweight and inexperienced. I do feel that if he were in a much stronger, better and phsyicaly big team he would play well, but that's not us. That's about a million miles from being us.

4 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Just laughable the hype around this bang average mid table championship footballer. 

Has the same issues as Leitner did when trying to play at this level, ridiculous signing.

2nd half when Palace stood off him he got on the ball more, but he's too lightweight, no fight and not good enough. Send Williams back too. We've got Byram and Mumba as back up (hopefully Gino not badly injured)

Just seen the video of the away fans slagging off Gilmour (and quite right too), needless to say it's going down well with Chelsea fans 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Lightweight beyond belief though the talent is there.

That’s more than many can seem to see, but he’s the current scapegoat.  It could really be any one of many.  

He was once again hyped up by the Amazon Prime commentators - the media really are utterly clueless. What I will say about Gilmour is that he never stops running and doesn't shy away from the ball to his credit, but he simply isn't strong enough to play in the formation and position asked of him. He is of no use to us whatsoever. 

He would probably work in a West Ham level side, not a team battling for relegation. 

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Funnily enough thought he played.. ok. I mean that's not much of a compliemnt mind given how awful we were today though

I thought he played ok as well, not great by any means but not the worst.

It doesn’t matter how he plays now though. He’s become the focal point for the hatred of Norwich fans and it won’t matter anymore how he does in games, one mistake in a game and he’s the whipping boy.

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

The thing that baffles me is why did he leave Rangers in the first place.

Rangers? I mean if Chelsea want you as a 16 year old then you take it don’t you?

He is always on the move looking to take up a position to receive the ball and is fairly decent in his range of passing but his massive flaw is that he is so lightweight and easily knocked off/dispossessed of the ball. Being a CDM means he gives the ball away in very dangerous positions for us and costs us goals that lead to us losing the game. This flaw can't be rectified, it means he can't play at EPL level. He is not the only player deserving criticism but playing him will surely mean relegation.

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just seen the video of the away fans slagging off Gilmour (and quite right too), needless to say it's going down well with Chelsea fans 😂😂

Where is this video

Alongside a ball winning DM Gilmour would look a different player. No doubt alongside Kanté he would show some of the quality he presumably possesses. For us, we do not have any DM to speak of (a shocking omission on our part last Summer) so he is being asked to fulfil a role he simply is not up to. A complete luxury for us and one we cannot afford. If we can unload him mid-term we should look to. We have other priorities (the aforementioned DM and a CF that offers a different threat) that he simply is completely unsuitable to address. Even if we recruit to accommodate him, he’ll be gone in May anyway.

Edited by Beetley Yellow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Alongside a ball winning DM Gilmour would look a different player. No doubt alongside Kanté he would show some of the quality he presumably possesses. For us, we do not have any DM to speak of (a shocking omission on our part last Summer) so he is being asked to fulfil a role he simply is not up to. A complete luxury for us and one we cannot afford. If we can unload him mid-term we should look to. We have other priorities (the aforementioned DM and a CF that offers a different threat) that he simply is completely unsuitable to address. Even if we recruit to accommodate him, he’ll be gone in May anyway.

Needs a competent defence too

At least its a chant unlike what we heard last 2 home games. It's a start keep it up

Not a nice chant, but it is hard to see the point in him being at Norwich, as he is not making a huge difference and in those circumstances, why should we develop someone else's player rather than one of our own?

• Like 1