Pugin

Sam Byram should hold his head so high

So much respect for Sam. An absolute thoroughbred performer today. Ability, desire, and professionalism.

• Like 16

100% a true leader and professional.

You can see from this performance he is more than capable of being a key player for this season and next season. He has a lot to give and shows how poor so many have been that after coming back from injury he is our MOTM

Yep, such a shame he got that injury against Liverpool two years back. 

I'd play Aarons at RB, Byram at LB, and Dimi infront of him on the left. 

Have to hold my hands up. I never thought he would play professional football again let alone at PL level after his awful injury. Delighted he's back but he must be eased in. Mumba can easily step up at right back if needed.

Agree with all of this. The only good thing to come out of today's game is that Byram could be genuinely Premier League class IF he can stay free of injury.

52 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Agreed. He wasnt awful... Byram the only one who could be classed as decent today though.

Rowe was good when he came on, actually looked like he wanted to attack

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Rowe was good when he came on, actually looked like he wanted to attack

He tried hard but wasnt on long enough to judge him badly or well for me. Time will tell with him... let's hope he's more Max Aarons than Adam Idah.

One of the few players who actually looked as though they cared. Is obviously keen to repay the club for staying loyal to him.

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He had a good game, stood out as our best player.  Some of his defending prevented further goals, one header particularly that Aarons wouldn't have been able to get to.

Thought Byram offered more than Aarons! I said exactly at the time regarding his header. Sell Aarons and get some attacking help for Pukki!

Bryam adds some desperately needed height into our back four. Max is very good, but his strength is attacking and if he's to play RB for us I'd like to see him rounding his opposing full back a lot more than he has so far season. 

I have to say, I can't quite believe the comeback Sam Byram has made. I thought it was another Matt Jarvis situation. The chances of him making a successful comeback must have been next to nil. Players are never the same after so long out, and either breakdown straight away or fail to get anywhere near the level they were at. 

So far, it's fairy tale stuff. Long may it continue, he has that Jonny Howson / BJ / Grant Holt type of grit, passion and leadership you love to see. Could be a very big player for us still. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

Good old Yorkshire grit.

He deserves a long run of good sporting health and his abilities to shine through.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I never thought he'd kick a ball in anger for us again. Am absolutely delighted to be proven wrong on this one, here's hoping he can keep clear of major injury from now on in. 

Like having a new signing. As has already been said, here's hoping he can remain injury-free for a spell.

Sam has never let us down, a true professional, it is just a shame he has suffered with so many injuries.  Along with Hanley, Krul, and Pukki seems to be a real leader in the squad, and if he stays fit may help us a lot between now and the end of the season.

Saw him in a coffee shop in Norwich a few seasons ago. Seems like a genuine down to earth fellow. Pleased he’s made his way back from the brink and can kick on. 

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I have to say, I can't quite believe the comeback Sam Byram has made. I thought it was another Matt Jarvis situation. The chances of him making a successful comeback must have been next to nil. Players are never the same after so long out, and either breakdown straight away or fail to get anywhere near the level they were at. 

So far, it's fairy tale stuff. Long may it continue, he has that Jonny Howson / BJ / Grant Holt type of grit, passion and leadership you love to see. Could be a very big player for us still. 

you make it sound like the second coming…

Edited by Yobocop