Did we really spend 10 mill on him. The Greek wonder kid is playing like the kid at school who nobody wanted in their team!! Think Mr Webber has some explaining to do.

7 minutes ago, daisy said:

Did we really spend 10 mill on him. The Greek wonder kid is playing like the kid at school who nobody wanted in their team!! Think Mr Webber has some explaining to do.

I was genuinely excited about signing him and, before today, saw him as the one green shoot of hope from our summer window. But today he's proven that he suffers from the same basic lack of ability as seen throughout our team. He had two tap-ins and fluffed them both.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I was genuinely excited about signing him and, before today, saw him as the one green shoot of hope from our summer window. But today he's proven that he suffers from the same basic lack of ability as seen throughout our team. He had two tap-ins and fluffed them both.

I was excited by him too but I think he needs a run in the team now.

• Like 1

He’s still only 19 so not ready for this level yet. Think he will do well next season and is lined up to replace Cantwell

21 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

He’s still only 19 so not ready for this level yet. Think he will do well next season and is lined up to replace Cantwell

On the bench?

Literally his 3rd app as a starter. Still has more goals than Idah. In fact he's tied in second place with Sergeant with 2 goals. 

How do you want him to get used to the team when he's rarely used. You paid 10 mils to get him, why aren't you playing him? 

He's 19 years old, he's gotta play to acquire experience. You can't just use him sporadicly and expect him to score 8 goals a game

Its Farke's fault lets be honest

He always looks quite lazy to me. There’s no tempo to his game. Though to be fair, that applies to most of this squad right now. 

Every summer signing has been a dud which I had complained about at the time but not even I could have predicted how bad they were going to be 

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Every summer signing has been a dud which I had complained about at the time but not even I could have predicted how bad they were going to be 

Agreed - I can’t remember a window like it. The team is far worse than last year and our assets are losing value by the minute. Todd has gone from a 25 million pound player to 5 

I knew not to expect too much when Farke said he was one for the future.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Agreed - I can’t remember a window like it. The team is far worse than last year and our assets are losing value by the minute. Todd has gone from a 25 million pound player to 5 

Yeah but you assured me it was the best transfer window we've had in living memory - it's really easy to criticise in hindsight 🙂 

4 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

Literally his 3rd app as a starter. Still has more goals than Idah. In fact he's tied in second place with Sergeant with 2 goals. 

How do you want him to get used to the team when he's rarely used. You paid 10 mils to get him, why aren't you playing him? 

He's 19 years old, he's gotta play to acquire experience. You can't just use him sporadicly and expect him to score 8 goals a game

Its Farke's fault lets be honest

His awareness looks to be zero.

He appears to be a winger with no pace.

He gets outmuscled easily in the Prem.

Hopefully he has genuine quality in the final third but we've not really had a chance to see that yet, because he's rarely got in there. And when he did, he missed a relatively simple chance.

I'm worried that the fan base constantly attacking each player isn't helping matters. 

He is 19 and I actually think there is a player there.

Things aren't going well but the negativity on this forum is at an all time high. 

• Like 8

It is hard for him to come into a struggling side, I still can’t get my head around how we have not been cut adrift.  We have been poor, yet 3 unexpected results and we could be out of the bottom three.  If only we could score goals……

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

I'm worried that the fan base constantly attacking each player isn't helping matters. 

Things aren't going well but the negativity on this forum is at an all time high. 

This.

It isn't Tzolis' fault Webber decided to buy "one for the future". He's young and needs support, not strips ripped off him.

• Like 2

I can see Tzolis coming good next season.  Dare I say it I think even Sargent will do half a job for us next season (assuming we’re in the Championship).

21 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It is hard for him to come into a struggling side, I still can’t get my head around how we have not been cut adrift.  We have been poor, yet 3 unexpected results and we could be out of the bottom three.  If only we could score goals……

The fact we are not cut adrift is only reflective of other teams doing badly.  But dig deeper and look at our goals for and against and you can we we are, in fact, a long way of 19th in truth. We can’t defend or score at this level. Mathematically close but miles away on the pitch where it matters 

Whilst I agree with practically every point made in this thread, I also believe we need to give him some time. The lad is 19, has been living in a new country for just a matter of months, and has found himself in the midst of an increasingly toxic relegation fight under a different manager to the one who signed him. I don’t often say this about professional footballers, but I can imagine it’s a pretty tough situation mentally for someone so young to be in. 

Yes I’ve been as disappointed as everyone else in him, and in all honesty I don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as we were being told all Summer, but he’s one signing that I’m willing to have patience with given the factors I’ve mentioned above.

34 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Placeta was having the same responses last season but is now much improved. Patience is needed.

All our players were bought for the future. But that is not what was needed to survive this Premier League season. The Top clubs buy experience as well as quality. It comes at a cost. which we have not got. Give him a chance.

Please remember Tuchel, Klopp and Rangnick are all moaning about their Squads. Players Welfare, injuries and Covid. They have not got a clue. If they are moaning. What chance have we ?

What Placheta seems to lack now is the ability to look up, or the awareness of what is unfolding around him. So he progresses the ball but can't pick out a good final ball. Reminds me a bit of Hernandez in that way. Tzolis is further behind Placheta but I see signs of better awareness. Like others, I would definitely give him a bit of time. Could well turn out the better player.

He does make things happen. He gets in good positions snd even when quiet will usually be involved in a couple of good chances. I think he will come good in time given a run of gsmes. But I do agree we needed players for right now not the future.

16 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Placheta was getting the same response last season, but is now emerging as a much better player with a few games to gain confidence. 

Every game we have Placheta in the side is a wasted gsme because he has zero end product or decision making ability. We are wasting our time playing him. Just flatters to deceive although I do agree he’s been better. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Walcombe canary said:

All our players were bought for the future. But that is not what was needed to survive this Premier League season. The Top clubs buy experience as well as quality. It comes at a cost. which we have not got. Give him a chance.

Please remember Tuchel, Klopp and Rangnick are all moaning about their Squads. Players Welfare, injuries and Covid. They have not got a clue. If they are moaning. What chance have we ?

I agree totally with the first paragraph. The thing is we spent a fair amount of money but on so many players. 3 quality players with UK based football experience at 20 million to help keep us in the league rather than our scatter gun approach. How can a poor lad be moved to a different country and a different style of football and be expected to perform straight away. It's not his fault it's Webber's. The signings have all been based on the future not the here and now. 

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Every game we have Placheta in the side is a wasted gsme because he has zero end product or decision making ability. We are wasting our time playing him. Just flatters to deceive although I do agree he’s been better. 

Tzolis is some way off Placheta's level, which is even more worrying.

Unfortunately I missed his masterclass againts Bournemouth U23s and he's been invisible since.

He'd be one of the first (actually both of them) to offload to finance some better footballers who are suitable for the english leagues.