Dr Greenthumb

New owners needed now

5 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I am tired of hearing " be careful what you wish for". I wish for a team that when we get promoted actually tries to stay up. We cannot compete without money. You cannot keep asking fans to support a model which ultimately let's them down. That's how I feel now....let down. 5 games without a goal...really. Am pleased in a way that the standard of the Championship is going downhill so fast that we will be favourites to get promoted again......unless Newcastle get relegated

I agree with this. I wish for us to try something different. I am not enjoying supporting my team at this level at all. We are a laughing stock and I hate it. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree with this. I wish for us to try something different. I am not enjoying supporting my team at this level at all. We are a laughing stock and I hate it. 

Agreed, 25 years is a damn good innings, its time to pass the baton onto a new owner. Finding that responsible and committed owner should be the number one priority of the board now.

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

The only time we will know is if we get a Rich church loving billionaire from Norwich who wants to buy the club if Delia and Mwj turn that down then the club is never for sale 

on a serious Note Purple i did hear there was some interest a few years back if you remember us having a chat about that i dont know what happened if it was told a big no or they lost interest 

I do remember.🤓

• Thanks 1

The fans or least a large number may be disillusioned but I rather think the owners aren't. This isn't football manager, it's the real world, they have to run the club within their means, or all too soon finances can spiral out of control. I'm sure they remember falling into league one, so are much happier being a top championship club who yo yo between the Prem. Yes new owners are needed for us to progress to the next stage, are the current owners refusing to sell or are there no suitable investors interested?

Edited by OnDaBall

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

She needs a gentle nudge. Like 27,000 people calling for her head.

So explain how it works in your "dream scenario?"

Explain how forcing the current owners out  leads to established Premier league status. Ball park figures will suffice as nobody can know the exact numbers.

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

So explain how it works in your "dream scenario?"

Explain how forcing the current owners out  leads to established Premier league status. Ball park figures will suffice as nobody can know the exact numbers.

Simple answer to this, is the owners actively advertise the club for sale and then is open and upfront about the offers. If they actually do have the best interests in our club, this is the very least they should do... will end the frankly silly "there is no one out there" talk... or prove it right. Who knows until its tried?

New ownership doesn't mean automatic premier status, running the club as it is now automatically leads to our relegation and a trashing of our reputation. Please explain how sticking with our owners improves our club? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Simple answer to this, is the owners actively advertise the club for sale and then is open and upfront about the offers. If they actually do have the best interests in our club, this is the very least they should do... will end the frankly silly "there is no one out there" talk... or prove it right. Who knows until its tried?

I don't think that the  billionaires that you want to buy the club are as shy as you think - if they wanted the club, they would put in an offer - it is common practice. Newcastle United are frankly a more attractive commercial proposition than us and it took Ashley over 10 years to find a buyer + Derby only have to find an owner to clear their mandatory debts and they are currently struggling to find one. Of course there are people who would be prepared to buy us if there was an easy profit to be made, but what makes you think that this would be any good for the fans and the team?

New ownership doesn't mean automatic premier status, running the club as it is now automatically leads to our relegation and a trashing of our reputation. Please explain how sticking with our owners improves our club? 

I certainly agree that a new owner "would not mean automatic premier status:" the evidence is very clear on that matter! "Sticking" with the ownership is not a matter of our (the fans) choice but the reality is (as we both agree, I think) that there is no ownership that guarantees us Premier survival: it then depends upon whether you think that our long term interests are best served by being financially prudent and building steadily or piling on debt in a dash for glory is most likely to succeed. I know its not people want to believe but most times progress comes through steady improvement rather than gambling.

Otherwise you are left with the dream of all fans around the world that there is someone just waiting to give us money, just for  the fun of it.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

i get your point and i Agree 

IF like others have said maybe delia and hubbie are willing to sell is this a plan to get a better price ? 

if you put something up for sale you get that price or less 

if something is not for sale then someone has to offer you more than its worth for you to sell 

i do not know if that is the case just something i thought about 

i do not like all this we are only Custodians of the club but will not sell to anyone else so they can try to do better vibe from the owners 

why do they think they are the only ones who can do well for the club ?

maybe they are but also maybe they are holding us back and from a fans point of view thats what it looks like 

any owner is a Gamble we might get a Leicester type or we might get a terrible money sucking type or we can just carry on doing what we are doing

But Delia holds the shares so she can do as she wishes until she wants to step down 

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Trouble is now the club is worth so much it probably will deter buyers whereas at other times it will have been much more attractive.

That said I agree. Openly invite investment/offers and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Trouble is now the club is worth so much it probably will deter buyers whereas at other times it will have been much more attractive.

That said I agree. Openly invite investment/offers and see what happens. 

As with the value of anything, the Club is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and that will have dropped very significantly since the start of the season.  

17 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Promoted again? Why? To do this all over again. But if we don't whats the point of playing.........and that is the ongoing issue!! Screwed if you do,screwed if you don't.😡

All very hypothetical, but how would everyone feel if BK8 came along with a serious offer to buy the club and to make funds available to invest in its future?  

Who in all likelihood is going to stump up the cash to a) buy a controlling stake in the club and b) then put in around £200mill (finger in the air estimate of additional 150mill for transfer/agent fees and 50mill for the extra wages) from their own pocket for us to then finish, what...15th? Where is the attraction for a business person. Without Saudi-type money I don't think our ceiling is realistically too far above where we are unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 28/12/2021 at 16:01, TheBaldOne66 said:

I truthfully hope the crowd do turn on them soon! It’s the only way they will listen, although people will probably say they have done a great job, which in truth they haven’t! 

Bring on the cushions 

1 hour ago, chrisr1606 said:

Who in all likelihood is going to stump up the cash to a) buy a controlling stake in the club and b) then put in around £200mill (finger in the air estimate of additional 150mill for transfer/agent fees and 50mill for the extra wages) from their own pocket for us to then finish, what...15th? Where is the attraction for a business person. Without Saudi-type money I don't think our ceiling is realistically too far above where we are unfortunately.

There is none

I have posted it before most fans have no clue as the sums of money are mind boggling yet are thrown around like confetti in football.

Outside football who is going to bring 300+ Million and want to loose most of it.   Folk are asking for new owners without a clue who those new owners will be, are we so dumb we think that like in FM once Delia gets ousted the Emir of some gulf state is going to step in why?  

For perspective if you have over 500m you would be in the top 20/30 richest people in East Anglia and often they are not from the area and have wisely no interest in football.

There is only one business case for new owners at NCFC and thats they go down Delia looses millions and then the club is for sale in the xx million bracket probably league one

The new owners will then think hey we can get this team up and cash out or take some money out once in the premier league.

Just look at us Delia hero once promoted and villain within a year.... after spending 60 million its nuts.

If you want new owners go out make 500+ million and buy it off her I am sure she would rip your hand off.

Until then the real blame is the signing of players who looked like they where never going to make it.

Edited by Fromage Frais
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisr1606 said:

I largely agree - it does not seem an attractive investment (unless they do a leveraged buy out a la Burnley and Man Utd where the club itself pays the interest on the debts to buy the club). Nevertheless, my optimistic side can see a scenario where a prudent approach could prove successful: some other comparable clubs (e.g. Watford, Southampton etc) cannot continue to borrow indefinitely. Some of them are already borrowing at over 9% and it just can't be done for ever: at that stage the fiscally prudent have the advantage. The trouble is that this requires a degree of patience, not something that football fans are renowned for. 

This debate runs and runs. Suffice to say that since the usual voices first assured us there is nobody interested in buying a club many years ago- Palace, Wolves, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Southampton have all found new owners and progressed (or will likely do so in case of Newcastle) …but it can’t be done you understand…

14 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

This debate runs and runs. Suffice to say that since the usual voices first assured us there is nobody interested in buying a club many years ago- Palace, Wolves, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and Southampton have all found new owners and progressed (or will likely do so in case of Newcastle) …but it can’t be done you understand…

Why not mention all the clubs who have had new owners in that time?

4 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

There is none

I have posted it before most fans have no clue as the sums of money are mind boggling yet are thrown around like confetti in football.

Outside football who is going to bring 300+ Million and want to loose most of it.   Folk are asking for new owners without a clue who those new owners will be, are we so dumb we think that like in FM once Delia gets ousted the Emir of some gulf state is going to step in why?  

For perspective if you have over 500m you would be in the top 20/30 richest people in East Anglia and often they are not from the area and have wisely no interest in football.

There is only one business case for new owners at NCFC and thats they go down Delia looses millions and then the club is for sale in the xx million bracket probably league one

The new owners will then think hey we can get this team up and cash out or take some money out once in the premier league.

Just look at us Delia hero once promoted and villain within a year.... after spending 60 million its nuts.

If you want new owners go out make 500+ million and buy it off her I am sure she would rip your hand off.

Until then the real blame is the signing of players who looked like they where never going to make it.

How much if that £60million was generated by transfers?