Dr Greenthumb

New owners needed now

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think we know who wears the trousers.

Delia Smith as Lady MacBeth everybody.

Amazing what not having enough funds to run a football club can do to people's perceptions of you.

Im actually starting to resent them now. They may “mean well” but they are killing my love for my club because I can’t take another season like this or the last one in the prem and the sheer pointlessness of it all. No point getting promoted again under these owners. I find myself shouting at the tv when it cuts to Delia asleep/half cut again in the directors box after we’ve shipped another goal.

And the worst thing is the ship probably has sailed now in terms of taking the opportunities we’ve had over the last few years and finding new owners. I dread to think who they’ve snubbed. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big O said:

I agree the limitations of our budget are plain to see but I disagree on the millstone around our neck bit. The project’ is nothing more than a term for us having to buy and develop talent to sell it on at a profit whilst trying to be progressive in the infrastructure that enables us to be more successful in developing that said talent. If that works and provides an income stream then in theory the investment in the first team enlarges. That isn’t a millstone, just a sensible approach to a club without rich owners.

natrually it is clear to compete at this level, you need a rich owner who is happy to invest large levels of their own personal fortune in the club. If there is one out there, then I am all for it. The main reason this year we are in the sh*t is the awful transfer window, that’s where the questions need to be asked, how did we get that so wrong, what were our scouts told to look for etc 

Great point. But my worry is that we have lost a very important cog in that model, and replaced him with a head coach who we are not sure will do such a good job in developing that emerging talent. If anything, Aaron’s seems to be going backwards (and not just during the game) for instance. People are hitting out in frustration at anything that moves, but I feel the owners and the model is not where we need to look. 

Although I agree that our current owners are finacially out of their depth, I don't really see what boycotting games or turning on them would achieve. Ok yes they might finally get the message that it's time to sell up, but the right potential owners need to step forward, we can't just get them ousted in the same way as a manager and carry on without them. 

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Im actually starting to resent them now. They may “mean well” but they are killing my love for my club because I can’t take another season like this or the last one in the prem and the sheer pointlessness of it all. No point getting promoted again under these owners. I find myself shouting at the tv when it cuts to Delia asleep/half cut again in the directors box after we’ve shipped another goal.

And the worst thing is the ship probably has sailed now in terms of taking the opportunities we’ve had over the last few years and finding new owners. I dread to think who they’ve snubbed. 

Out of reactions so it’s a 👍

I’ve spent four years warning that this was coming because we are trying to compete in a global billionaires club with local millionaire owners- I also suggested the ‘model’ is flawed because we end up selling the talent -  and have been slapped down and told I am a misery etc… I take no pleasure in being right but, honestly, until the owners move over we cannot progress. And don’t blame Webber - because his inability to make a silk purse out of Sows ears wages isn’t his fault ultimately 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Big O said:

I agree the limitations of our budget are plain to see but I disagree on the millstone around our neck bit. The project’ is nothing more than a term for us having to buy and develop talent to sell it on at a profit whilst trying to be progressive in the infrastructure that enables us to be more successful in developing that said talent. If that works and provides an income stream then in theory the investment in the first team enlarges. That isn’t a millstone, just a sensible approach to a club without rich owners.

natrually it is clear to compete at this level, you need a rich owner who is happy to invest large levels of their own personal fortune in the club. If there is one out there, then I am all for it. The main reason this year we are in the sh*t is the awful transfer window, that’s where the questions need to be asked, how did we get that so wrong, what were our scouts told to look for etc 

Exactly, and I don't completely see it as a millstone either. If anything, I call it a safety buffer. I'm sure we all remember the Roeder days where we had loads of loan players in as we had no cash, and boy, did we look crap in the Champs. Then we ended up with a club legend trying and failing to be a manager, taking us down to League One (but the rot had set in well before) then getting honked 7-1 by Colchester.

Few years later, Neil's gone hard in a bid to keep the team up with Klose, Naismith etc. and fallen short, then we had a litany of expensive signings on big wages sucking the finance out of the club. This was where Farke did superbly when considering the whole of his time here, although that first season had some really dour football and the odd tonking (Millwall, Villa) thrown in as if he hadn't got Maddison to stick and then sell for eight figures, we wouldn't have been in much of a good place either.

When you consider how many teams have fire sales upon relegation, and we actually somehow kept Buendia without financial perjury, then the strength of our approach can be seen here. The weakness is that if we do spend a lot, we are under far more pressure to get it right as we don't have a wealthy owner to underwrite it.

So, the final part of @Big O's quote here is the most apposite, the questions here really need to be posed regarding recruitment, not the ownership model.

• Like 1

Delia and Michael out. Lets go people, next home game we need to make our feelings known. This cannot continue. 

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Unfortunately, they don’t listen, until it gets nasty. 

Then Mick Dennis mounts his steed and rides at full gallop to their defence.....

Totally pointless thread. This subject gets mentioned on all the threads related to us 24/7. We know it’s not going to happen any time soon and there’s no guarantee that spending big will grant us survival. Fulham spent £104m and went straight back down, Villa spent £140m and only stayed up thanks to a fault in GLT

To be honest I think the more you spend and still get relegated the bigger the laugh is. When it comes to wealthy owners I also think the only ones worth having are the type that are willing to give vast amounts of their savings to the club but don’t want their money back like Ambramovich and Mansour, as the last thing we want is a billionaire owner who wants to use the club to fund their business

• Like 1

I count 10 posters on the first page alone who want a change of ownership. That is more than enough for an action committee to organise protests while touting the club to prospective buyers as being ripe for a takeover.

Just seen this from Ken Hairy:

"The atmosphere MUST now get toxic, Delia HAS to be made aware in no uncertain terms that she is not wanted here."

A call for all such fans to rally round.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Totally agree with the OP - Smith and Jones are just so uninspiring it's unreal, they look like they should be in a care home.

Twenty five years is more than enough for a club to be under the same owners, if they care about the club as much as we are led to believe they should sell up for a pound like Jack Hayward did for his beloved Wolves a few years ago. He did the decent thing and accepted he had taken them as far as he could.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

Although I agree that our current owners are finacially out of their depth, I don't really see what boycotting games or turning on them would achieve. Ok yes they might finally get the message that it's time to sell up, but the right potential owners need to step forward, we can't just get them ousted in the same way as a manager and carry on without them. 

Who are the 'right' potential owners as far as Delia is concerned?  The truth is that she refuses to sell to anyone and is determined to hang on until the very end.  She cannot or will not listen to reason.

Our best hope - and this shows how bad things really are - is for the club to fail financially and be sold by administrators over the heads of the present owners.  They would have to carry out due diligence with regard to prospective buyers.  Therefore the best way forward is for the fans to stop throwing good money after bad.  

19 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I count 10 posters on the first page alone who want a change of ownership. That is more than enough for an action committee to organise protests while touting the club to prospective buyers as being ripe for a takeover.

It wouldn't make a scrap of difference.  The present owners have made it abundantly clear that they're not willing to listen to offers from anyone.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Totally pointless thread. This subject gets mentioned on all the threads related to us 24/7. We know it’s not going to happen any time soon and there’s no guarantee that spending big will grant us survival. Fulham spent £104m and went straight back down, Villa spent £140m and only stayed up thanks to a fault in GLT

To be honest I think the more you spend and still get relegated the bigger the laugh is. When it comes to wealthy owners I also think the only ones worth having are the type that are willing to give vast amounts of their savings to the club but don’t want their money back like Ambramovich and Mansour, as the last thing we want is a billionaire owner who wants to use the club to fund their business

If it’s pointless, don’t comment on it

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Club needs to be put up for sale now. We're going nowhere other than League One with this utterly pathetic model.

League one 😂

10 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

It wouldn't make a scrap of difference.  The present owners have made it abundantly clear that they're not willing to listen to offers from anyone.

I have reason to believe that is not the case, but it is certainly an easy excuse for fans to make to justify doing nothing at all.

As I have said in another thread. Delia and Michael have had a great run and created stability in a very murky World of corruption in Football. However they now have to admit that they have reached the end of the road and its time for new ownership to carry the club forwards. They should leave with their heads held high and be given life president status in the club but they really must do the right thing, failure to do this will unfortunately lead to a very toxic period not seen since the latter period of the Chase era - which still as it goes was the most successful period in the club’s history - but he failed to see when it was time to hand over the batten and he was driven out of the club as the most vilified chairman and owner in history. 

Be careful what you wish for people! 

Supporters of Forest, Wednesday, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Hull, Derby, Blackburn, Boro, QPR, Stoke, SheffU, Birmingham, Cardiff, Reading, and Wigan would change places with us and they've all experienced big money take overs. 

Trust me ... some of them wish they hadn't.

I'm not opposed to new owners but I think the Webberlution/model has rewarded us with enough so far (two EFL titles, Buendia/Pukki/Normann, clearing of debts, academy players in the first eleven, record sales, record purchases, investment in top rate facilities etc) to be given more patience. 

Losing a game minus Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Normann, Rashica and Pukki isn't surprising and probably isn't the most sensible time to consider tearing up the entire blueprint that put Crystal Palace on our fixture list in the first place.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have reason to believe that is not the case, but it is certainly an easy excuse for fans to make to justify doing nothing at all.

So you have said repeatedly for as long as I can remember.  Time to put up or shut up.

20 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

So you have said repeatedly for as long as I can remember.  Time to put up or shut up.

Actually I have only being saying that particular thing for the last two and a bit years, I think it is. But 'Time put up or shut up' is exactly what fans who want a change of ownership now need to do.

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually I have only being saying that particular thing for the last two and a bit years, I think it is. But 'Time put up or shut up' is exactly what fans who want a change of ownership now need to do.

The only time we will know is if we get a Rich church loving billionaire from Norwich who wants to buy the club if Delia and Mwj turn that down then the club is never for sale 

on a serious Note Purple i did hear there was some interest a few years back if you remember us having a chat about that i dont know what happened if it was told a big no or they lost interest 

33 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.d674e89f8012eb8e35ae9d13f3005e0a.jpeg...Landing in 10 minutes, get down to the airport and shout through the fence...

Nightcap at the Gunn Club with Micky on the fiddle? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

47 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Be careful what you wish for people! 

Supporters of Forest, Wednesday, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Hull, Derby, Blackburn, Boro, QPR, Stoke, SheffU, Birmingham, Cardiff, Reading, and Wigan would change places with us and they've all experienced big money take overs. 

Trust me ... some of them wish they hadn't.

I'm not opposed to new owners but I think the Webberlution/model has rewarded us with enough so far (two EFL titles, Buendia/Pukki/Normann, clearing of debts, academy players in the first eleven, record sales, record purchases, investment in top rate facilities etc) to be given more patience. 

Losing a game minus Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Normann, Rashica and Pukki isn't surprising and probably isn't the most sensible time to consider tearing up the entire blueprint that put Crystal Palace on our fixture list in the first place.

I am tired of hearing " be careful what you wish for". I wish for a team that when we get promoted actually tries to stay up. We cannot compete without money. You cannot keep asking fans to support a model which ultimately let's them down. That's how I feel now....let down. 5 games without a goal...really. Am pleased in a way that the standard of the Championship is going downhill so fast that we will be favourites to get promoted again......unless Newcastle get relegated

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nightcap at the Gunn Club with a Micky on the fiddle? 

Wonder if Purple's invited?......He could hold Micky's ashtray for him....

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Wonder if Purple's invited?......He could hold Micky's ashtray for him....

Who’s holding Delia’s flute and replenishing it when they get the nod? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who’s holding Delia’s flute and replenishing it when they get the nod? 

Purple can multi-task.....