Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Every one of our summer signings is junk

Not one of them has improved the squad, let alone the starting 11. Every inch of progress we made under Farke was thrown away in this one disastrous window. 

Four of them are playing today. Each one is a significant downgrade in their position compared to the incumbent from last season. They look like amateurs.

That Placheta (who was one of our weaker squad players last season) is probably our best player out there is a damning indictment of our transfer business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rashica looked like he was hitting his stride just as he got injured. Normann looked a handful and at least produced both a goal and an assist before he got injured. The rest? You can’t excuse Tzolis and Sargent as “potential” when we’re facing a proper uphill battle to survive THIS season. Gunn and PLM? Low quality squad players at best. Gilmour only looks decent with a world class DM next to him and Williams isn’t an EPL-standard left back. 

Rashica is another one of the players who seems to get better in people's minds the less he plays. He doesn't seem any better than Onel Hernandez to me.

Normann has some genuine quality, but he's clearly been carrying an injury. I doubt we would have got him if fully fit.

How on earth is Gilmour getting into the team. Everyone else in midfield are (almost) as sh*t but at least they don't have the physique of a small child and can compete slightly better.

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How on earth is Gilmour getting into the team. Everyone else in midfield are (almost) as sh*t but at least they don't have the physique of a small child and can compete slightly better.

It might be that he just doesn't give a sh*t about Norwich so can't be bothered to try, but he is quite probably the worst Premier League midfielder I've ever seen, based on his performances for us at least.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think this is a bit harsh on Normann, who has been by far our best player when fit.

Remind me of when exactly Normann was fit enough to play a full 90 minutes? 

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He played 90 minutes on five occasions, and even if only half-fit, he was our best player.

So about a quarter of our games, half of which he was treading water from about 70 minutes. I don't doubt his ability, but he's never been fully fit.

All the signing look like they need a season to bed in. Like most players do when they come from aboard. Obviously we don’t have that luxury and never did. 

10 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

All the signing look like they need a season to bed in. Like most players do when they come from aboard. Obviously we don’t have that luxury and never did. 

Which is why it was total madness to turn over so much of the squad all at once.

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

It might be that he just doesn't give a sh*t about Norwich so can't be bothered to try, but he is quite probably the worst Premier League midfielder I've ever seen, based on his performances for us at least.

He wasn't even the worst today ffs!!

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

So about a quarter of our games, half of which he was treading water from about 70 minutes. I don't doubt his ability, but he's never been fully fit.

Remember he wasn’t here for the first few.

Even the soccerbot has been poor this season. Hopefully it's just the first season settling in and will have an impact next.