Sign in to follow this  
Canarychick

Why did droves of fans leave before the end?

Are some fans never happy?  When Norwich are playing badly and losing, I can see why some fans walk out of the ground early as a kind of protest.

But why did so many fans leave today before the end?  Loads of fans in the main stand and the Norwich & Peterborough stand left early.  It was so obvious. I just hope the players didnt see it.

I know sometimes the odd few have to leave earlier for travelling reasons/other committments but it was quite embarrassing today, I felt. 

Thoughts/comments?????

It was an improved performance, but not exactly earth moving. People are not happy with the manager and show this by leaving early.p.s or could it be to watch the fa cup match on the beeb!

In the end Canary Chick this season is over for us... anything we get now is a bonus, hopefully JJ and Rehman can be signed at the end of the season otherwise we are back to square one. Anyway as has been pointed out elsewhere a bigger pointer to next season will be how we do at selhurst park next week. A poor result at palace means in reality we really havent improved very much....

Speeaking as a fan who left after the second goal, I left because my 5 year old boy (who was experiencing his first ever game at the home of east anglian football) had been nagging since the first minute to go (as I had finished spending a fortune on scarf hat etc...) Anyway I wasn''t overly impressed by our performance today and didn''t think the game would go anywhere in the last 10 minutes apart from the prospect of watching us sit back and make me cpend more time chewing my finger nails.

[quote user="Canarychick"]

But why did so many fans leave today before the end?  [/quote]

Because they''re part-time supporters.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]In the end Canary Chick this season is over for us... anything we get now is a bonus, hopefully JJ and Rehman can be signed at the end of the season otherwise we are back to square one. Anyway as has been pointed out elsewhere a bigger pointer to next season will be how we do at selhurst park next week. A poor result at palace means in reality we really havent improved very much....[/quote] I don''t agree. If we keep playing like yesterday and with the playoffs 9 nine points away, there is an outside chance. Ok it''s unlikely but if there''s a sniff I''d say we have it all to play for! I should imagine fans were leaving because they could see we had won and wanted to beat the rush. I never understand it personally. When you pay a lot of money for a football ticket, why walk out before the game''s finished? You wouldn''t go to the cinema and walk out before the film ended or to a one day cricket game and leave before the  end??

I guess some of them could have been Worthy outers who want us to lose so much so Worthy gets sacked that they were disappointed that we had won and were protesting against that??

[quote user="Cantley Canary"][quote user="Canarychick"]

But why did so many fans leave today before the end?  [/quote]

Because they''re part-time supporters.

[/quote]is it written into anywhere the term part time or full time supporter? the answer is no, you talking a load of old squit.what is a full time support someone who attends all home games? someone who attends all home and away games?someone who hasn''t missed a home game in 50 years? somone who hasn''t missed a home or away game in 50 years.someone who attends half the home games but travels 500 miles round trip?people have paid money and will leave when they want to, they are no less a supporter than anyone else?If you can''t say anything useful then don''t say it at all........

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i didnt leave early (never have) but i did miss the 2nd goal due to a toilet call! :(

jas :)

[/quote]shame on you....... part time support LOL