Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Before Mclean gave away the penalty, we were doing ok. That goal changed the match.

We did OK for 6 minutes then.

Yea, not sure what all the fuss is about really.

Gsus wept.

OTBC

Can someone please tell me, without condescending that they know more about football than I do, why when goalscoring is so much a problem are we still approaching games with just one up front?

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Before Mclean gave away the penalty, we were doing ok. That goal changed the match.

But you said we were going to win and Idah would score two. It’s not nice to lie at Christmas.

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Can someone please tell me, without condescending that they know more about football than I do, why when goalscoring is so much a problem are we still approaching games with just one up front?

To be fair we had more chances today than I can remember in recent matches.

Obviously we are too rubbish to score them, but definitely had good opportunities for once.

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And what changed all the other matches?

13 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The huge difference between the teams was physicality and athleticism yet again. Their front two were on a different planet and were backed up by big, experienced midfielders who protected Hughes so he could dominate.

I think that was our early season plan for Gilmour with Normann and PLM alongside and Rashica and Sargent alongside Pukki. That hasn't worked yet for all kinds of reasons.

Our £50m team today was up against one worth 4 or 5 times as much and yes, we were lightweight but I find it hard to be overly critical when we have those odds against us in almost every game.

I don't agree with most on here at the best of times and I certainly don't agree with them now. I thought Idah did well, and Placheta, Byram and Sorensen all played OK. Unfortunately Maclean had one of his very off days and PLM, Tzolis and Gilmour were anonymous. Gunn wasn't bought as a first choice keeper in the PL and we didn't, and won't, pay £5m. I thought he was poor when he played for us 4 years ago and I don't think he's got any better.

Smith has to get us some legs in midfield. We need power.

Reason 1: Gilmour is **** and totally unsuited for the role which Webber imagined he would play 2: Normann is a sick note and Webber very kindly signed it 3: PLM has an incredibly heavy touch so is a bit of a liability in centre midfield 4: Sargent is a clown who falls over his own feet and makes us all laugh.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

2 up front usually means one less in midfield, we are already playing teams with a significant ability disadvantage and to cede the midfield where most PL teams play with a midfield three would see us lose control of games a lot quicker

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I actually quite like that team. Sorensen in - and an I'd say an Idah goal or two coming up - two wide men and him in the middle, good opportunity for the youngsters to show what they can do.

PS - To the laughing face brigade - let's see if you will still be laughing at this post at the end of the match......

You have to hand it to Lakey. I dont know where he gets the energy for his optimism from

17 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

You have to hand it to Lakey. I dont know where he gets the energy for his optimism from

It was more hope than anything today.  That first goal did for us. Shouldn't have been a penalty imo and if we had kept it tight, we might have given them more of a game.