Sign in to follow this  
Herman

*****The Official Lapps Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Whole team looks haunted, shot, devoid of confidence to be fair.

haunted is a very apt description, a bit like England and penalties.

I'm actually looking forward to us reverting back to becoming an irrelevant mid table championship side for a while if this is the alternative.

Difficult to see how this shambolic embarrassment can be put right. There is no fight, no effort and no ideas. These are supposedly professional footballers! Shameful !. Smith appears to have no idea how to salvage any kind of pride out of this bunch of losers. They should be roundly condemned by all who value this Club, it is simply not acceptable.

We’re missing 8 certain starters (Krul, Aarons, Williams, Hanley, Kabak or AO, Rashica, Normann, Pukki) if everyone is fit, that’s hard to deal with for any side, let alone one that’s low on confidence.

We’ve huffed and puffed bit had little luck - the pen was 50:50 and we’ve had more certain ones not given for us several times this season Watford, Arsenal immediately spring to mind). 

I have to say, we may as well have no keeper rather than playing Gunn - I don’t think he’s made a save in 3 halves whilst letting in 8 goals,  hasn’t been near any of them and that’s poor.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Those saying players are ****e, I think they’re half decent, they’re not suddenly a pile of turds! It’s our clubs internal atmosphere, the happy to be at this level with no pressure on anyone! We have a cultural issue which is clear to see with Smith’s appointment, easy appointment, no question on why within a week of being sacked at Villa for really poor results after spending so much, to think he can work to a budget at our level…..he has no history of doing so.

Step changes needed from top to bottom, we need a new dynamic focal point to drive the club forwards.

This is actual rubbish. They aren't half decent, Idah has barely scored at any level of football, but he is leading the line in the premier league for us. Placheta couldn't get a game for 2 seasons because he has no end product. Tzolis is rawer than Sushi.

That's just the front three.

This is massively worse. There were certain mitigating circumstances that do not apply this season. And to top it all we brought in a coach who had just been sacked. I'll give him a break until the new year. That is going to be enough time to have brought about some change.

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

This is way way worse, before the restart we looked competitive and it was a young side of predominantly cheap buys and academy graduates. There wasn't anything humiliating in it. This is just grim.

At the very least our last Prem team made up free agents and youth players had a spirit to them and a togetherness.

Meanwhile I'm struggling to figure out what this current team of ours even is

Just now, kirku said:

Should've kept Farke

YES we should had kept Him - webber should had gone instead

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I'd actually try Williams in midfield. He's got bite and anything is better than PLM, Gilmour or Mclean 

I was actually going to say put Byram in midfield and bring Williams on.  But angry with the second sentence.  When is Adshead due to be fit again?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’re missing 8 certain starters (Krul, Aarons, Williams, Hanley, Kabak or AO, Rashica, Normann, Pukki) if everyone is fit, that’s hard to deal with for any side, let alone one that’s low on confidence.
We’ve huffed and puffed bit had little luck - the pen was 50:50 and we’ve had more certain ones not given for us several this season.  

I have to say, we may as well have no keeper rather than playing Gunn - I don’t think he’s made a save in 3 halves whilst letting in 8 goals,  hasn’t been near any of them and that’s poor.

Two of them are on the bench and were dropped for this match.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve huffed and puffed bit had little luck - the pen was 50:50 and we’ve had more certain ones not given for us several this season.  

I'd say seven, we're not going to play Hanley, Kabak AND Omobamidele together, but fundamentally accept the point. This is a team that's cobbled together and being torn into its constituent pieces, with the vinegar of being short of confidence.

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

Should've kept Farke

Why? He was getting the same embarrassing performances with a full team to choose from. 

Too late to bring Farke back now. But it is obvious that the players were responsible for getting Farke the sack and they are doing their utmost to get rid of his successor.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

And Zaha and Gallacher are missing for them

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

At the very least our last Prem team made up free agents and youth players had a spirit to them and a togetherness.

Meanwhile I'm struggling to figure out what this current team of ours even is

Ripped it all up to play a 433 with Gilmour as the pivot, somehow didn't realise that relying on a teenage midget and an injury-prone Normann might not've been the best way of replacing Skipp and Emi.

• Like 1

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

I'd say seven, we're not going to play Hanley, Kabak AND Omobamidele together, but fundamentally accept the point. This is a team that's cobbled together and being torn into its constituent pieces, with the vinegar of being short of confidence.

I said Kabak or AO - that’s 1. 

• Like 1

HT Ratings? I'd go with

Gunn 3

Giannoulis 6

Gibson 4

Sorenson 4

Byram 4

Gilmour 5

McLean 4

PLM 3

Placheta 6

Tzolis 4

Idah 6

Well, we're on fifteen pages and just about getting ready to start the tortu....wait,  second half.

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Too late to bring Farke back now. But it is obvious that the players were responsible for getting Farke the sack and they are doing their utmost to get rid of his successor.

I don't think this is true. Sure there were fallouts but that happens at every club. It's down to poor recruitment and the fact that the majority of our squad are just not good enough at this level. That's it.

Ginny off hahahaha

If hes not injured thats a ****ing shocking decision

Edited by Carn

Just now, Nobby said:

HT Ratings? I'd go with

Gunn 3

Giannoulis 6

Gibson 4

Sorenson 4

Byram 4

Gilmour 5

McLean 4